Bad Guy Dartanya Hausburg / GW Reptiles - Breeding Loan Gone Bad - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:18 PM   #61
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVipersHouse View Post
Ehhh dont let it bother you , you actually have the law on your side cause you went about it the right way ..
the judge will either throw him out of court or put all your fees and losses onto his tab for wasting the courts time ..
I'd even bet they will make an example out of him ..

its gonna bite him in the ass if hes actually serious about this ..
make sure if you do make it to court to get the officer that was present , called into court on your behalf ..
very good advice.... also make sure you get a copy of the final report where the officer states that he refused his property. He wont have a leg to stand on.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:31 PM   #62
snakechaarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
very good advice.... also make sure you get a copy of the final report where the officer states that he refused his property. He wont have a leg to stand on.
Thanks for this. He actually caused the officers such a problem and gave them such a hard time they said if he even thinks of going to court to not hesitate to call them as witnesses, so I plan to.
I also managed to re-download the program to get text logs from the iPhone to the computer, so I have it in writing where he admits he hasn't been doing his end of the deal.
Hopefully these shenanigans will be over with soon.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #63
snakechaarmer
Just wanted to update, for those of you that are still following. I received a court summons today and he is trying to sue for nearly $1500.00.
He, of course, fabricated a receipt and is demanding money for the care of my snakes, my corner of a table at Daytona, and emotional damages because I demanded he return my snakes to me because he was not holding his end of the agreement.
....unbelievable.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #64
TheVipersHouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakechaarmer View Post
Just wanted to update, for those of you that are still following. I received a court summons today and he is trying to sue for nearly $1500.00.
He, of course, fabricated a receipt and is demanding money for the care of my snakes, my corner of a table at Daytona, and emotional damages because I demanded he return my snakes to me because he was not holding his end of the agreement.
....unbelievable.
LOL thats rich , this guys got alot of nerve lol...
Guess he dont realize he dont stand a chance in court .

hey make sure you get those text messages printed out as well and take them in with you to prove he didnt plan on holding up his end of the deal . and again make sure you get the officer to accompany you to court as well , by time all said and done , the court will prolly throw it out and you may even get compensated for your troubles . who knows .. LOL
this guys a a real dumb**** u ask me ..

well keep us posted ..and dont sweat it ..

Old 10-28-2009, 04:27 PM   #65
critical bill
Quote:
Only because that is the maximum he can sue you for in small claims court. That doesn't mean that's what he would be awarded if he would win.

Quote:
He, of course, fabricated a receipt.
Excellent. Play his game. Now you call the IRS and tell them how he sells you feeders to the tune of $1,500.00 every few months and how he stated many times he prefers you pay him in cash so that he doesn't have to report that income and pay taxes.

Do that and just see if he has time for court while the IRS is crawling up his ass sideways.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #66
snakechaarmer
Just wanted to update. Dartanya supplied the incorrect mailing address on all records to everyone involved, the court system as well as myself. All attempts at contact have been returned in the mail for incorrect address, even though it's to the address he supplied.

He showed up at court on Monday and demanded that I be incarcerated and held in contempt as well as a default judgement in his favor to the tune of some $1500.00 because I did not hand over my personal information to him, though I did mail an objection to both he and the court for his ludicrous demands, it was just never recieved because he lied to the courts about his mailing address.

Absolutely unbelievable drama, and I sincerely hope that everyone stays away from any dealings with him in the future.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #67
bradleymoore
damn, i just read this whole thread. this guy sounds like a loser. if you're supposedly a reputable breeder who sells at large conventions and have a snake that not many have possessing special genes, then why would you even need to do a breeding loan on affordable female snakes? (i noticed a mojave in there, though i didn't notice what else) you'd think they'd already be in the collection, especially if you've got some special gene carrier. it's good you got your snakes back.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:34 AM   #68
JG1153
So I'm guessing his whole claim was thrown out? Did the judge at least give him a couple of smacks upside the head with the gavel for being such an idiot and wasting the courts time? LOL.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:18 PM   #69
Moonstone
Sorry to hear about your problems. Breeder loans are like trades. Someone always gets screwed and it is usually the person bringing the quality to the table.

As far as the show issue being discussed, I don't care what show it is, to believe that all the animals on the table are bread by the exhibitor is at best stupid. There are booths at shows were people are fronting for someone else and didn't breed a single animal on the table. One of the best reasons for buying top quality animals for breeding from the breeder, and leave expos for the pet buyers.

Good luck with your problem. Being new, learn fast from this little incident.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #70
snakechaarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1153 View Post
So I'm guessing his whole claim was thrown out? Did the judge at least give him a couple of smacks upside the head with the gavel for being such an idiot and wasting the courts time? LOL.
The pre-trial hearing is in December.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!