NERD supports Voids and plays with them - Page 27 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 06:25 PM   #261
crazycorn
I AM NOT accusing them of murder, you know what I meant. Smart remarks get you no where.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:30 PM   #262
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycorn
By letting this drop to the mucky bottom is letting NERD get away with murder IMO

It was far from being a "smart remark". You clearly state above, in your opinion, that letting this thread drop to the mucky bottom is letting NERD get away with murder.

No, I don't know what you mean.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:31 PM   #263
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfos
Something like this should unite us to better our strides with proper education not cause in fighting.
Yes indeed my friend. And a nice healthy dose of practicing what you preach might well be in order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
So everyone who has viewed this thread or participated in any way and not condemned it as forcefully as you would like has condoned it? Or am I held to an especially high standard in that regard?
Quote:
No actually low standards. Typical for a bottom feeder like yourself..
Quote:
And Mensa sure wouldn't have someone with a 63 IQ such as yours.
I can go on but I don't recall specifically getting personal with you. Typical of the mentality on this site is that anyone who makes a statement that someone disagrees with is automatically the enemy and identified with them and as such. I've been accused of "condoning" NERD's activities because I did not condemn it as forcefully as some would like. And you, Brian called me a "bottom feeder". Care to explain what that was based on beside your temper and your idea that I supported the activities in those photos which I never did? I don't recall being involved with you in any way in the past so for you to have had a prior opinion is not highly likely. All that I said was that I wanted context.

And yes, this should have been handled privately, and could have. Did ANYONE who saw those pics call NERD and say "listen jerks, that is the most stupid thing I have ever seen in my life and will get us ALL in trouble with the authorities. If you don't remove those photos post haste I WILL post them on Fauna and every other site for people to see what idiots you are."? No, they were posted here with zero for context and some of us simply asked "who are these people wearing the NERD t-shirts?". What we were told was "go look it up". What if David had said "these people are Brian C Foster and Gary E Orner, Jr"? Would that have been cool? I think not. I don't know what you guys look like though if you want to send pics I'll find a good use for them.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:33 PM   #264
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSlackass
Not speaking for anyone but myself. My computer is on 24/7. I simply collapse a window without closing it. It may appear that i've been staring at the screen for hours, but nothing could be farther from the truth. I'm about to leave the house. I'll be collapsing the window, but it will still appear as though I'm here for several more hours to come. Try not to blow a fuse about it, thanks.
Ahhh....but you no longer appear as active on this site after a half hour of inactivity. Having an open, minimized window is not enough. If your name is at the bottom of the thread then you have loaded a page from it in the last 30 minutes.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:38 PM   #265
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Seems they change their tune to go with popular current beliefs and opinions.

Yes, people sure do.

Quote:
I do know some experienced keepers who do free hand their hots. I don't readly agree with this practice, but I don't get on a soapbox and preach why they shouldn't. It is a personal choice and who am I to argue with that? And it doesn't matter how safe you are using hooks,tongs or what not. There is always a chance you could get bit. The safest thing you can always do is pay close attention to the snake and not get distracted.

Get your story straight
Quote:
Now go and give me them negative points as I don't give a damn about this forum or the groupies on it. I said what needed to be said and I am done with it.
OK

Quote:
I do know some experienced keepers who do free hand their hots. I don't readly agree with this practice, but I don't get on a soapbox and preach why they shouldn't. It is a personal choice and who am I to argue with that?
Quote:
It is a personal choice
Really?

Quote:
I didn't know because I am not stuck up anyones rear end.
No only certain select “Big Breeders” or friends, that you don’t have an ax to grind with.

Quote:
Pot please meet the kettle.
Yes, indeed.

Quote:
I don't freehand but I will admit I did try it on my little Trim trig, but seeing there is no AV for this species and the fact it is a mild venom I did take that chance once
Next time have a friend take a picture for us.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:38 PM   #266
crazycorn
OK, let me clear it up for you Mike, this better? Letting this drop to the mucky bottom would be like letting NERD get away with murder. Jim if it were Brian or Gary I would have done the same thing I have done here and I bet you 100% more people would be bashing them than there are people here trying to sort out this mess. Jim, lets say that Rich (Webslave) had posted this, I bet you my life that no one would question him and NERD would be outsed just like Alan Hall, who BTW is still running a busy business.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:39 PM   #267
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
[color=Navy]

And if it were your friend(s) free-handing their hots or voids would you do the same?

I would read them the riot act and let them know the fact the community does not need that in educational displays. Stand up for them no do what is right for the community.. Yes.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:40 PM   #268
crazycorn
*Ousted

Old 07-10-2005, 06:42 PM   #269
Jim O
David, my point was that without context it could have been anyone. If you had said it was someone else, or if you had *gasps* doctored the photos so the shirts said "TRR" not "NERD" how would I have known who it was?

Old 07-10-2005, 06:43 PM   #270
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
I would read them the riot act and let them know the fact the community does not need that in educational displays. Stand up for them no do what is right for the community.. Yes.
Ok, just so you are clear.
Quote:
I do know some experienced keepers who do free hand their hots. I don't readly agree with this practice, but I don't get on a soapbox and preach why they shouldn't. It is a personal choice and who am I to argue with that? And it doesn't matter how safe you are using hooks,tongs or what not. There is always a chance you could get bit. The safest thing you can always do is pay close attention to the snake and not get distracted.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread