NERD supports Voids and plays with them - Page 29 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 07:04 PM   #281
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelfExotics
Indeed!

One glass of water and I'm golden. Literally.

I can even manage to make room for my middle name...
Mike, remember, he lives in BUFFALO!!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2005, 07:07 PM   #282
Chris@TSE
Don't remind me

Old 07-10-2005, 07:09 PM   #283
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Yes Brian. Whining. And a "left handed" "no harm no foul". It's the best I will get from you, better than most so I'll take it.

Now, care to comment on your own inconsistencies that Dennis pointed out? Seems you are about as guilty of blowing with the prevailing wind as anyone. To refresh your memory:There is more. I'm sure that you know where to find it.

BTW it's fair to change your mind about things. But hold yourself to the same high standards if you desire credibility.

They do it in the privacy of their own hom Jim not out in public. So know some facts before making assumptions. If they did so in public the soapbox would be out in a second flat but as they don't it isn't public knowledge nor a danger to anyone but themselves. Clear enough or do you want names addresses social security numbers and credit histories of the people referenced in that post along with a note from their mother? I don't agree with it but they are free to do as they wish in the privacy of their own homes.
Now care to try again and end up with pure facts? I welcome it and will keep it on a civil level if you do.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:10 PM   #284
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelfExotics
I can write my name in the snow with pee.
Yours? Or someone else's?

Old 07-10-2005, 07:10 PM   #285
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Mike, remember, he lives in BUFFALO!!!!!!!

Enough said....................

Old 07-10-2005, 07:13 PM   #286
ReticEd
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSage
Yours? Or someone else's?
As long as it isn't in a relatives handwriting, it doesn't matter

Old 07-10-2005, 07:17 PM   #287
Chris@TSE
Amen Brother....

Old 07-10-2005, 07:30 PM   #288
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfos
They do it in the privacy of their own hom Jim not out in public. So know some facts before making assumptions. If they did so in public the soapbox would be out in a second flat but as they don't it isn't public knowledge nor a danger to anyone but themselves. Clear enough or do you want names addresses social security numbers and credit histories of the people referenced in that post along with a note from their mother? I don't agree with it but they are free to do as they wish in the privacy of their own homes.
Now care to try again and end up with pure facts? I welcome it and will keep it on a civil level if you do.
OK Brian. But explain why that is OK. I personally do not think so. Sadly, those people can be doing almost as much harm as if not more than someone handling voids in public. The reasons are that first, someone might photograph them and post it in order to embarrass them (been known to happen) and more importantly they might get bitten and receive a significant envenomation resulting in all kinds of public health attention and perhaps newspaper articles. I can see the opening line -- MAN BIT BY DEADLY PET COBRA or worse -- MAN DIES FROM BITE OF PET COBRA. No one is even going to know that it was his own fault. They're only going to worry that the snake could have gotten loose and bitten them. That's all some nitwit politician needs to help spearhead laws that restrict all of us that feel we are "responsible" from keeping animals that we can safely keep. And I don't mean only hots as you probably understand. All you need to do is look at the proposed legislation in North Carolina to know that this stuff is coming and can affect us all. For those unaware, they want to restrict ownership of ANY snake with the POTENTIAL to get greater than 8 feet. So that would include all common Boas, as they have that potential, scrub pythons, most carpet pythons, even Black-headed pythons as some are (rarely) known to get past 8 feet. So anyone who free hands their hots is risking this for the rest of us. And that is where their "right to privacy" ends in my opinion. And you should speak up against them as I have here, and you should stop the practice yourself.

I gave up keeping hots due to demands of career and then having young children in my house. The only hot reptile that I keep currently is a Gila Monster, but I would like the opportunity in the future, and I'll be just as damned not to speak up about it if it's some asswipe free handing in the privacy of his home or in public.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:50 PM   #289
JuliusSqueezer
Hey...while we are waiting on NERD to respond, how about another big named Breeder acting like a fool with a void. I have no idea who's photo this is. It's linked off of ks and has been circulating a few forums drawing similar outrage to this latest NERD thing. It is Pete Kahl though. What is it with the big boa and ball python breeders that makes them think voids are the way be cool? Pete, Kevin...next time ya wanna be cool. Get one of those hood scoop things on your camaro and punch some holes in your mufflers. Leave the vens to those who can actually handle them as is with the respect they deserve.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:56 PM   #290
Jim O
Looks a might nervous in that pic.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread