Info Derek Travis Mayhew / Inked Dragons (Bad Shipping) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:31 PM   #1
meowmeowkazoo
Exclamation Derek Travis Mayhew / Inked Dragons (Bad Shipping)

Good: The dragon appears unharmed, time will tell if there are internal injuries, but she seems okay for now. The dragon was advertised correctly, and I received exactly what I expected to get. She appears to have good body tone with no deformities or diseases.

Bad: The dragon was loose in the box with just a few scraps of paper. One of the sides of foam insulation was cut small and fell to the other side of the box during transport. There was no top insulation. There was no padding to help prevent the dragon from being thrown around in the box.

The first picture is exactly what I saw when I first opened the box. I am unsure if this was the seller's first time shipping. When I texted him about it, he didn't seem to understand that the way he shipped her is not normal or acceptable.
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2015, 08:46 PM   #2
LauraB
Lovely dragon; I'm glad she appears unharmed. However, if that photo represents standard shipping practices by Inked Dragons, I would never take a chance ordering.

His responses to your valid concerns seem a little flippant. Hopefully in the future he will take more responsibility for an animal's welfare and learn how to properly package.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:47 PM   #3
JessKeen
She is stunning, I'm glad she made it through apparently free of harm! Thanks for sharing this valuable info with the community!

Old 10-04-2015, 10:19 PM   #4
Amelanistic Orca
How much did you pay shipped for the Dragon? And... Did you take the time to educate him on proper shipping/packing practices? I'm curious.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:07 PM   #5
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelanistic Orca View Post
Did you take the time to educate him on proper shipping/packing practices? I'm curious.
That's not the OP'S responsibility. The shipper should have at least know not to ship the animal loose inside the box, amongst other things. I have no idea how fragile a Bearded is, so im glad it arrived safe. OP, Have you notified the seller about this thread?

Old 10-04-2015, 11:38 PM   #6
ShawneeAlice
Dbz I think Orca meant after she received the dragon that way to let the seller know this was NOT appropriate shipping

Old 10-05-2015, 12:29 AM   #7
meowmeowkazoo
Seller has not been notified of this thread. That is usually done for "bad guy" threads, not "info" threads. But someone else is free to do so if they wish. He was made aware of my concerns with his shipping methods, but I did not press the issue. Whatever changes he chooses to make are up to him.

The dragon is still doing well, and does not appear to have received any damage from being shipped loose in the box, thankfully.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:52 AM   #8
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelanistic Orca View Post
How much did you pay shipped for the Dragon? And... Did you take the time to educate him on proper shipping/packing practices? I'm curious.
Sorry, but it does not matter what she paid for the dragon. He advertised, she paid. His shipping is substandard. You would not agree?

Yes, Sarah purchased a gorgeous dragon, as advertised ... and thankfully, at least for now the dragon appears unharmed. She did express her concerns about his shipping methods. The seller was obviously less concerned and wanted to transfer blame to the box being tossed around.

It's quite obvious the seller/shipper needs to be educated on how to properly ship, but it is NOT his customer base that needs to do so. It ain't rocket science, duh.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:24 PM   #9
Deborah Stewart
This is sad, seems like common sense when it comes to shipping is not that common anymore.

Another example of a box that would fail Fedex requirement for certification.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:26 AM   #10
Beyond GenetiX
The seller seems to think it's fedex's fault that his box fell apart. His response "BEEN A PLEASURE DOING BUSINESS" makes it sound like, if something was wrong it doesn't matter. Did you leave a review like he asked.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!