Inquiry Snakes at Sunset - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-27-2016, 04:04 PM   #81
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauBoi View Post
I see why others ignore you.
Deflection is a common reaction from people who are caught saying things that simply aren't true. I guess that's the easiest way to deal with having their idiocy and dishonesty exposed. You're not on a very exclusive list.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:26 PM   #82
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
CeltGunn would it be possible to attach the picture of the pastave, that shows the kink? Also how long after it arrived did you notice the kink?

Some kinks are obvious immediately, and may be severe enough that euthanizing the snake is the only humane outcome. Others do take a while to show up. I have an 18 month old BRB I produced that has a very mild neck kink - it's so mild I didn't know about it for several months, and even today it's not obvious unless pointed out. Because there were 23 other perfect babies in that litter I doubt it's a genetic issue, but I would never sell that snake as a breeder.

Similarly I wouldn't consider even a mildly kinked ball python to be breeder-quality, there are so many perfect critters on the market that there's no need to produce offspring from imperfect ones.
According to the copy and pasted emails from post 37 the kink was noticed the day it was received. It always speaks volumes to me when it takes a BOI post to get an issue resolved. I think in this case a full refund including shipping with the buyer keeping the snake would have been appropriate.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:28 PM   #83
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
I see why others ignore you. I think I will too. Go play by yourself.
~Beau
Dan's a little rough but he's right. Some of your posts aren't making sense.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:39 PM   #84
BeauBoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Douglass View Post
Dan's a little rough but he's right. Some of your posts aren't making sense.
Which posts don't make sense to you?
~Beau

Old 01-27-2016, 10:01 PM   #85
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Which posts don't make sense to you?
~Beau
Quote:
Julia wasn't threatening you, she was telling you the truth. I happen to know for a fact, that people who come across as problem buyers all to often endup on no-sale lists, and many sellers will interpret your injecting yourself into a deal between two adults as you being a problem buyer.

When you started this thread, you said you purchased the snake for your daughter, and we went with that. It wasn't until Mike told us that your daughter is an adult and purchased the snake herself, that we asked SHE post here.

Believe me, you have made abundantly clear that you aren't happy. However, we have yet to hear from the actual customer, your daughter.

From the emails that Mike provided, we all see that you daughter said that she was satisfied with the resolution. If she isn't satisfied, then SHE needs to tell us that. Until that times comes, you are only sharing second hand information, which isn't allowed here.

~Beau
Quote:
@Fangthane

Also, she didn't say, "have" her daughter post, as in she was in possession of the post and provided it! She said that she would "have" her daughter post, as in she would have her daughter post it at a later date. Pay attention.
~Beau

Old 01-27-2016, 10:46 PM   #86
Big Borg Reptiles
Tina:

Read the emails sent in post #56. The words sent by your own daughter who you are so set on "helping":

"Plus my mother stressing me out about it."

It sounds like you had nothing to do with this transaction, that it is being resolved, and that all you're doing it causing more problems. As Julia "threatened", you are definitely going to be on some people's do not deal with list after this.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:57 PM   #87
BeauBoi
Quote:
Firstly, I will admit to my mistake in saying Tina started the thread. She didn't start the thread, but she was the person who turned it into a complaint thread, which was what I was referring to.

Then she posted this:
Ok, here's Mine & my daughters experience with Snakes at Sunset...

"http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ictureid=27972

Hopefully the link works to my photo album, this is the Pastave we purchased from him. There's a long story to go with this Pastave, My daughter & I purchased it from Mike. Please tell me what you see wrong with it...

~Tina Abrahamson"

Again, it was an assumption on my part, but I don't think I was the only person who got the impression that she had purchased the snake for her child. Since she kept using the term "we" and was speaking for herself and her daughter, instead of saying "my daughter purchased a snake she was unhappy with".
I consider this rather relevant, considering Tina wasn't the person in communication with Mike, and I was under the impression that we aren't supposed to speak for others on the BOI, as it is second hand information (or "hearsay"). An adult doesn't generally take over the speaking role in an argument for another adult, but you do for a child.

Also, Post #62 Tina says, "Even though I am the one who brought it to the boards", which may have added to my confusion as to who started the thread.

As for the other post, perhaps I just didn't make myself clear, so I will elucidate:

In Post #70 Lucille quotes Tina, and points out Tina's statement saying she is going to make her daughter post here ("I will have her post...").

In Post #72 Fangthane quotes Lucille, and claims Tina has already provided the information in her post that Lucille had requested, but that wasn't the information Lucille (not to mention myself and others) had been asking for--we had all been asking to hear from Cheyenne.

In Post #76 I (apparently clumsily) tried to explain that Tina was not in possession of a post FROM Cheyenne that had then been posted on the thread (the post from Cheyenne that we were all asking for), but that Tina had said that she would "have" (get, persuade, force) Cheyenne to post. So, no, Tina didn't provide what was asked for and Lucille didn't "just jump on one meaningless snippet" as Fangthane asserted.

All of which, I posted in response to Fangthane's post; which, as far as I can see, was made solely in an attempt to be snide to myself and Lucille, and did nothing to add clarity to the thread or to help resolve the situation. I don't call that "rough", I call it childish.

~ Beau

Old 01-27-2016, 11:00 PM   #88
Big Borg Reptiles
Unless you guys want to join me in my infraction boat it's probably best to drop the fighting and stay on topic.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:47 PM   #89
bcr229
Quote:
According to the copy and pasted emails from post 37 the kink was noticed the day it was received.
Thanks, I read through the email chain too fast and missed that.

So, how about a picture showing the kink? I'm guessing it wasn't minor if the buyer noticed it the day the snake arrived.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:03 AM   #90
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
Unless you guys want to join me in my infraction boat it's probably best to drop the fighting and stay on topic.
Warning: What he said.......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!