Bad Guy Matt Baronak of SaSobek Reptiles - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-13-2016, 12:26 PM   #31
nickolasanastasiou
I feel a combination of sympathy and empathy towards your plight, Paul. Both in terms of unfortunate change of life events and any associated or unassociated depressive fallout.

That said, your obligations persist. If you have breeders, you have animals you can liquidate to obtain funds to pay those you owe. You sell things, you retain the money so that you can actually ship to paying customers in a timely manner, and then you pass the rest onto those you owe debts to. It also gives you some options for sending alternative animals to people who may have been waiting for project-compatible individuals. Refunds are always on the table, but maybe some customers would accept substitutions if you find any preferable to sales to fuel refunds.

Either way, communication is vital. It is good that you are saying you will return communications from customers now.

As for the Facebook post, repost it here, as all evidence is supposed to be provided via attachment as an image (or copied and pasted text might work for this situation). You could delete your Facebook post, its admissions, and its proposed path forward to honoring long overdue commitments at any time. If it is placed here, it endures.

Old 01-13-2016, 12:28 PM   #32
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaSobek View Post
I just made a post on my Facebook page. If you would like to comment please do so there or send me a private message. I don't believe in how messy the BOI gets.
Messy, sometimes. But people haven't received the geckos they paid for and have every right to comment here, where others that may be in the same situation can see what is going on.
From what you have said on your FB page, you had some hard times and you are going to try to make reparations, and that is commendable if you follow through. People can post here as you do follow through (or not) and that way, your own actions or lack thereof will help write your own roadmap for the future.
Good luck and I hope it all works out, that you repay or make reparations to all who are owed, and that your business revives.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:44 PM   #33
Guy Castro
Quote:
I just made a post on my Facebook page. If you would like to comment please do so there or send me a private message. I don't believe in howTRUTHFULBOI gets.
]
No thanks! FB can miraculously disappear. Lets settle it here.

Old 01-13-2016, 04:55 PM   #34
CwnAnnwn
Mr. Baronak

After reading this, I really don't see how this is going to get messy. Honestly. You have fallen down. You really messed up. We get it.

But we you also need to face the music. No one is calling you a bad person here. Just one that need help. You need help. Don't start it by turning your back on a community that can help you.

Remember, I will be the first one to defend your actions on this forum if you start to do the right thing. But you have to be willing to let us help you.

I am glad you are making the first steps. But you will need our support. All you have to do is ask for it.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:06 PM   #35
eclipse3
Matt has been in touch with me and we are working on a solution. I will keep you all updated as the matter is resolved. Thanks ��

Old 01-14-2016, 10:27 AM   #36
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse3 View Post
Matt has been in touch with me and we are working on a solution. I will keep you all updated as the matter is resolved. Thanks ��
Post what transpires,on this thread.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:19 AM   #37
vampyrebyte
Any followup?

Old 01-18-2016, 08:50 AM   #38
Lucille
Quote:
If you would like to comment please do so there or send me a private message. I don't believe in how messy the BOI gets.
From the lack of new posts either dealing with the OP or any others who have not had reparations made, and from the above post, I am guessing that private messages have gone out that require silence as part of the cost of reparation.
And as a further guess, I think that those wronged have received promises, not money or geckos.
Ordinarily, when someone has decided to change their ways, they WANT those they have wronged to publicize the fact that reparations have been made.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:46 PM   #39
Clyde Hill
want to know what I don't get, why don't people simply stop taking new orders for animals before they start getting overwhelmed? I'm so sick and tired of this

Old 01-19-2016, 03:59 PM   #40
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Hill View Post
want to know what I don't get, why don't people simply stop taking new orders for animals before they start getting overwhelmed? I'm so sick and tired of this
It has its roots in the escalation of commitment and a sunk cost fallacy of sorts.

This leads to doubling down and the robbing of Peter to pay Paul (as they say). Regret, shame, and hope for escape with the next act all build into a confluence of desperate aspects.

It becomes an irrational act and it is a difficult thing for the person acting to realize on his/her own. It is much easier for an outside observer with zero stake in the outcome.

That said, the responsibility still (of course) remains with the actor himself/herself.

These make for good empathy exercises for an introspective person.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!