Info RepScue AZ and Raven Alexander Knight - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:59 PM   #11
AneryB
I am unsure about the rules, but I wouldn't be surprised if this individual and his group are breaking some. I wouldn't be surprised if he is just trying to get cheap/free animals, the email I posted shows he is willing to flip recently rescued snakes.

I can see he is currently trying to get out of filing a 501 too, which is shady....
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2016, 12:02 AM   #12
AneryB
Claimed in previous screenshot that they don't handle money then has a post about donations....
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2016, 10:22 AM   #13
HerpVenue
They go from
"501 has been filled"
to
"we don't need a 501"

And while the paperwork for the 501 is "filed" or "NOT filed" they also have a name change from Repscue AZ to Repscue PHX. They also say they are a "partnership" but do not need to file taxes because they are not in it for the money. These guys have no idea how business works.
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2016, 10:30 AM   #14
HerpVenue
his or her reply to me. Which he, her or they subsequently deleted
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2016, 10:34 AM   #15
HerpVenue
If you see in the previous post. He stated that they already talked to their lawyer and provided screen shots of what their lawyer told them. One of those screenshots will be attached below. Weird thing is the "advice" from the screenshot is easily searchable through the internet. Which means he did not speak to his lawyer like they say. They just looked stuff up on the internet.

Then link shows where they found the advice "their lawyer" gave them....lol
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...sociation.html

Attached Images

Old 01-22-2016, 10:52 AM   #16
bcr229
All that having a 501c3 designation does is allow contributors to deduct the donation on their tax form each year. Otherwise the donation is a gift and no tax deduction is permitted. No different than giving money to a lobbying organization or PAC, as those contributions are not tax deductible.

So basically this is just a group/network of people calling themselves a "rescue".

I'm involved in a similar local network because animal control in our area just doesn't deal well with reptiles, so scaley babies tend to get put down quickly. If we learn of one that was surrendered or seized we try to spread the word quickly among the local herp community so that it gets adopted and not euthanized. We don't call ourselves a "rescue" or solicit donations though, we cover all expenses ourselves.

Old 01-22-2016, 10:56 AM   #17
AneryB
Thanks for the clarification Melinda!!!

Old 01-22-2016, 11:05 AM   #18
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpVenue View Post
They go from
"501 has been filled"
to
"we don't need a 501"

And while the paperwork for the 501 is "filed" or "NOT filed" they also have a name change from Repscue AZ to Repscue PHX. They also say they are a "partnership" but do not need to file taxes because they are not in it for the money. These guys have no idea how business works.
The language used by RepScue AZ in the first couple screenshots is unacceptable IMHO. I can think of no better way to enact some cosmic karma (and get paid in the process) than to ferret out some particulars and if the particulars warrant, fill out the form below:
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2016, 07:59 PM   #19
Jason_Cerastes
Not a legit rescue.

He is not an actual rescue. He claims to be a non profit rescue but doesn't have his tax id. He sells the animals he gets for free on Craigslist, I don't care if he sells them to good homes but he claims to be a breeder. So there lies my issue, is he a breeder or a rescue? He's neither.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:17 PM   #20
tlmoon
I think this "group" may find the IRS does not have such an amorphous view of what constitutes taxable income. They don't really care if people gave you money in trade for something, or if they gave you supplies which you then sold, or how nicely you spend your money to help animals or anyone else. You don't get to just decide that you are a good person doing good things so you aren't going to pay taxes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
arizona, ball pythons, knight