Bad Guy Sellers Beware Dick Goergen Alden NY - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:46 PM   #31
thereptileguys
Like I said and you all guestion ed me

Old 02-10-2016, 08:50 PM   #32
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereptileguys View Post
You are not beyond being questioned.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:26 PM   #33
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
The thread was valid and could have caused a lot of problems for the op.

Old 02-11-2016, 07:07 AM   #34
Snakesatsunset
Contact phone is on the label pic posted.
Dick Goergen is a superb guy, great customer, and pioneer in this business with ringed pythons, blackheads, among many others, before most anyone figured them out....etc....great guy to deal with - does he have some stories!

Old 02-11-2016, 08:13 AM   #35
leftycrane
Quote:
Forgive everyone for not taking some random guy at his word alone.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:12 AM   #36
tim brophy
Glad this got cleared up. Dick Goergen is one of the pioneers of herpetoculture.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:26 AM   #37
thereptileguys
all you had to do is call number on box label instead of posting his number and adress . Honest mistake .

Old 02-11-2016, 11:19 AM   #38
Mistyck
Being that Thomas spoke with Mr. Goergen and figured things out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabirdie View Post
I just spoke with Mr Goergen. He expained to me that his credit card info has been used in the past without his knowledge. He also said his wife takes care of all the financial aspects of the household. This is where I believe there was confusion. My our paypal used to come up as bugs, as we sell them as well. His wife asked him if he spent $560 on a bug exterminating company in California. Of course he had no clue what she was talking about, and thought he was being scammed again. He expained he was very happy with the animals, and this was just a big mistake. Mr Goergen is an elderly gentleman, and I personally believe him. I did try and contact him before posting this, but did not have his info anymore, and could not go back on my phone that far. I did post in several forums on Facebook, requesting if anyone has done business with Mr Goergen, and had contact info. I had no success with that. I feel I did what I had to do to protect myself and others. I do not believe Mr Goergen is a scammer, or meant ill will. This was just a mistake.
I will retract my thinking:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
Paypal should side with the OP, but that doesn't mean that the CC company will. This is ridiculous, considering that the OP says that Mr. Goergen called him the day he took possession of the animals from the shipping company. That, to me, says that Mr. Goergen is a thief. Especially since he has waited 70+ days to claim it wasn't him that purchased the animals... That makes me think he planned the whole thing.
Mistakes do happen and being that Thomas actually spoke with Mr. Goergen (even though it was afterwards) I will eat my words, I was wrong.

Glad things got straightened out and that Mr. Goergen's wife was just looking out for things in their household. This could have been a different situation all together. Glad it turned out for the best though.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:34 AM   #39
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabirdie View Post
I just spoke with Mr Goergen. He expained to me that his credit card info has been used in the past without his knowledge. He also said his wife takes care of all the financial aspects of the household. This is where I believe there was confusion. My our paypal used to come up as bugs, as we sell them as well. His wife asked him if he spent $560 on a bug exterminating company in California. Of course he had no clue what she was talking about, and thought he was being scammed again. He expained he was very happy with the animals, and this was just a big mistake. Mr Goergen is an elderly gentleman, and I personally believe him. I did try and contact him before posting this, but did not have his info anymore, and could not go back on my phone that far. I did post in several forums on Facebook, requesting if anyone has done business with Mr Goergen, and had contact info. I had no success with that. I feel I did what I had to do to protect myself and others. I do not believe Mr Goergen is a scammer, or meant ill will. This was just a mistake.

Nice it got sorted but....

I feel that Mr Goergen and his wife could have checked a little deeper into the charge before just hitting the chargeback scene!
For some people having a hold on your Paypal fund of this amount could have caused some serious issues, lack of funds to pay other items in the works, excessive bank charges etc.
This probably could all have been avoided with just a little more diligence on both parties side maybe

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!