Help in Identification - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-09-2005, 07:54 PM   #1
Jeff Woods
Help in Identification

this guy just hatched a few weeks ago from a baldy breeding. He has never had the dark cloration of the other babies but his orange is really heavy.

Any help woulp be appreciated
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2005, 09:07 PM   #2
dragonflyreptiles
Jeff, it may turn out to be a tang baldy, but at only a couple weeks old only time will tell really. Maybe others that have had bably hatchlings can tell you more from how theirs cahnged with time.

Old 07-09-2005, 09:26 PM   #3
Blazin
Nice looking orange. Looks like you had some temp fluctuations as well. Those eyelid deformities are pretty pronounce.

Old 07-09-2005, 09:53 PM   #4
Jeff Woods
It was strange, his hatchmates looked fine.....
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2005, 10:08 PM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
Chad, I never even looked at the eyes, but they do look very bad.

Jeff, what temp did you incubate at and did you have bad fluc's in temps, the 2nd leo also looks like there is a little something at the top of the eyelid not being formed right.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:18 PM   #6
Jeff Woods
room temp went 83-85 no big fluctuations. The second pic is actually just color, his eyes are round and fine.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:18 PM   #7
Jeff Woods
I will say though, these guys hatched out very early

Old 07-09-2005, 10:42 PM   #8
Blazin
Actually the second pic does look like it also has some slight irregularities. There can be considerable temp fluct in a room inside a house. I'd consider getting a hovabator or make your own. Looks like those animals have some nice bloodlines running in them.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:55 PM   #9
dragonflyreptiles
its not the eye's its the eyelids and it could be the pic on the second one but it looks like there is a crease on one eyelid at the center that shouldn't be there and the other looks very "narrow"

How long did it take them to hatch?

And Id really really go with Chad's suggestions and get an incubator and a thermostat, it will save you from having incubator deformities and be so worth it long term. You can even build a decent incubator fairly inexpensively, let us know if you need any help with that, there are a lot of people where who have built them.

Old 07-09-2005, 11:39 PM   #10
Jeff Woods
Thanks for the help guys. I have a couple Hovas that I htach chicks with. I just didn't think I needed them.

I have a digitherm that records peaks and lows. The temps varied between 83.4 and 86.4 for the duration, but never more than two degrees per day.

If I remember they hatched @ 26 days.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!