Eastern Indigos - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-19-2019, 04:57 PM   #1
Asherah247
Eastern Indigos

Post taken down

Old 06-19-2019, 04:59 PM   #2
leviosa9
1) they are federally protected
2) they are absolutely harmless
3) contact your local fish and game agency and they will handle it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Old 06-19-2019, 05:11 PM   #3
lovin2act
Highly protected animals and illegal to sell from the wild, or harm. As stated above, contact your local Fish and Game agency for assistance.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:19 PM   #4
Asherah247
Thank you. Will call them. I know they are harmless, but they have gotten so big that I am scared.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:25 PM   #5
lovin2act
They do eat venomous snakes, so having them around is a huge plus if those types of snakes are a concern! Without the indigo snakes there, the rodents and prey animals that are attracting them in the first place will attract more snakes which could very likely be venomous. So you are quite lucky to have the indigo's around

Old 06-19-2019, 05:27 PM   #6
leviosa9
They will not bother you. I've worked with drymarchon for years. They are of the most intelligent reptiles in the world. They will not hurt you

Old 06-19-2019, 05:37 PM   #7
Asherah247
Do you think over time, they will come to understand that we don't want to harm them and not be so fast to move when we come up near them. They are fast suckers, if I come around the corner and scare them which of course I scream because of their reaction. From what I'm hearing, I am lucky to have them around. We had a mole problem in the spring and some were coming in the house. I thought the peppermint I put around the baseboards is what stopped that. Maybe I was wrong and I don't want those back in those house running around.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:40 PM   #8
leviosa9
Take a picture if you see them. They're most likely black racers.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:12 PM   #9
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherah247 View Post
Do you think over time, they will come to understand that we don't want to harm them and not be so fast to move when we come up near them. They are fast suckers, if I come around the corner and scare them which of course I scream because of their reaction. From what I'm hearing, I am lucky to have them around. We had a mole problem in the spring and some were coming in the house. I thought the peppermint I put around the baseboards is what stopped that. Maybe I was wrong and I don't want those back in those house running around.
Since this thread is really not appropriate in the FOR SALE section, I am moving it to the appropriate discussion forum and changing the thread title accordingly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!