Inquiry Celina Mathiesen, user name celinmathie - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-31-2019, 08:52 AM   #1
snowgyre
Celina Mathiesen, user name celinmathie

Celina Mathiesen's profile is here: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...r.php?u=195255

She recently joined Faunaclassifieds on August 11th, 2019. She posted two pied animal projects for sale, one was a female coral glow pied for $350 and the other was a clearly mislabeled mojave ghost het pied female that was advertised as a mojave het pied female. I don't recall the exact price she was asking for for the mojave female, but it was a subadult from the photos and I remember the price being extraordinarily low, like $150-250. She has since deleted both ads, and those were the only two ads she posted that I am aware of.

The problem is that the ball python breeders here in Georgia are all a pretty tight-knit group and there is only one person in Georgia currently working with mojave ghost pieds, which is Deborah Stewart. I will admit I haven't contacted Deborah about this, but Deborah lives in Braselton, Georgia, and Celina lives in Maretta, Georgia. It's not beyond the scope of reality for Celina to have purchased animals from Deborah, except I know what Deborah charges and there is no way she'd let animals like this go for that price.

Milo Garcia (user name is the same) and I both inquired on the mojave ghost het pied female. Neither of us received a response. I also commented directly on the advertisement, explaining that I lived relatively nearby and it was nice to see another Georgia breeder on the forum. I'm not sure if potential accountability scared her off, but everything is now deleted (except for my private message to her). She posted the coral glow pied ad last week and it was deleted in just a couple of days.

Right now this user is smelling like a scammer. If anyone else can come forward who may have done business with her, please do so. Until then, please exercise caution.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:24 AM   #2
snowgyre
That was fast, the account is now banned. I'm guessing a moderator/administrator found something suspicious behind the scenes? Anyways, glad to know my instincts weren't off.

Old 09-10-2019, 01:37 AM   #3
Bigfish1975
Celina Mathiesen's profile is here: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...r.php?u=195255

I also replied to the ad that snowgyre commented on. I responded to an ad by Celina for a 'Mojave Yb het Pied". It did appear to be mislabeled but I figured she was new and might have been mistaken. I contacted her through private message. I received a text a few hours later and began to inquire. She provided multiple pics of the animalas requested. She stated that she didn't produce the animal. She said she got them from someone at an expo. This still didn't really raise any flags yet. She gave me appropriate information about weights, eating habits, and a reasonable pairing that produced the animal. We discussed a couple other animals that she had listed. One other being a Hypo Pastel Enchi Mojave. I asked her why she was selling the animals. She told me she was going back to school and wouldn't be able to keep them. This all seemed to make sense. We discussed pricing and settled on $400 for the 2 animals i stated above. She said she preferred to ship Monday through Wednesday to avoid possibly having animals stuck over the weekend. This also made sense. We agreed to the deal and I asked how she liked to be paid. Cashapp or Venmo was preferred. This worked for me and I sent her $400 to the address given. (Venmo handle given was @byakugan). This actually brought up the name Serpant Queen on Venmo. I actually commented on that and she made a joke about being clever. She said she'd try to ship the animals the next day if she could but otherwise the following Monday which worked well for me. Monday came and the animals weren't shipped and I didn't get a reply until later Tuesday. She said it was to cold to ship and she was getting heat packs. I was Ok with that. That was the last i heard from her. I sent texts Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. I also tried to call only to get a voicemail recording. I then got the message that "the number has been disconnected". I also sent her a Venmo request for the $400 for a refund. I received an email stating that request was declined. This is indeed a Scammer.

This was the contact info I was given:
Celina
(504)224-9891
@byakugan or Serpant Queen on Venmo

If anyone has any suggestions on who else to report this to, please let me know.

Old 09-10-2019, 08:31 AM   #4
bcr229
I'm sorry you got taken. Most people don't understand that Venmo is merely PayPal Friends and Family rebranded, and it should not be used to make online purchases as it offers no buyer protection.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!