Info Yaz Mansour - Poor Shipping - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-06-2019, 12:13 PM   #1
Insomniac101
Yaz Mansour - Poor Shipping

I really hesitated to post this, but after thinking about it, and showing the photos to a couple friends, I decided that people should at least be aware of how their animal(s) may arrive from this seller.

I purchased this beautiful diamond python from Yaz Mansour last month. Just to clarify, I have no issue with the critter; just the way it was shipped.

I pre-paid for the shipping, and emailed the labels to him, after getting box dimensions, and weight.

I received a plain brown box, obviously not the white, reptile-specific one that is required to ship live reptiles.

After opening it, (first making sure the snake was okay), I was very disappointed that this snake I paid $1,300 for was shipped in such an unsafe manner.

The box insulation was less than 1/2", not meeting the 3/4" that is required. It was also 3.5" too short for the box height. The top piece was much too small for the box, with large gaps around it.

This box offered no crush protection, which also voided any live-arrival guarantee from the shipper. I paid just under $120 to ship this snake, of which $30-something was for insurance.

Obviously, I'm glad that it arrived okay, but very irritated that Yaz would do something so careless with someone else's money, and a living creature. This could have been disastrous, and I would have no recourse through Reptiles Express, because the animal wasn't packaged correctly.

Yaz has not responded to my texts regarding this issue.

Just an "FYI" for anyone considering a purchase.

Thanks,

Kathy Robbins
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2019, 12:20 PM   #2
snowgyre
Thanks for sharing. It appears from the label that the shipper used Reptiles Express? If so, I would contact them directly as not only does shipping a snake in this way violate Reptiles Express's policy, but no labeling on the box violates federal law and Reptiles Express absolutely should be made aware of this violation because they could lose their FedEx shipping privileges (and thus, their entire business) if USFWS caught wind of this.

Old 10-06-2019, 12:31 PM   #3
Insomniac101
Hi Vanessa,

He did put the required labels on the box. I will post photos of those ASAP.

Thanks

Old 10-06-2019, 02:04 PM   #4
Insomniac101
Here are the other labels, which are in compliance. The first post would only allow me four photos.
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2019, 07:33 PM   #5
JimM
Glad he got to you in good shape. I thought long and hard about buying this snake for a female that looks identical but I'm just too paranoid to buy anything anymore with the Nidovirus epidemic .

I assume youre having him tested right away ?

Which lab are you going to use for testing ?

Old 10-06-2019, 07:53 PM   #6
snowgyre
Thanks for the clarification on the labels, Kathleen. Still, it wouldn't hurt to shoot a complaint to Reptiles Express with photos showing the box the snake was shipped in. I'm not sure if they'll do anything at all, but at least the ball is in their court at that point. Improper shipping can impact their FedEx agreement so they probably would like to know.

Old 10-06-2019, 07:58 PM   #7
Insomniac101
Hi Jim,

He's in quarantine, and will be for several months.

I would like to have him tested, and will talk with my herp vet as to choice of labs. I think University of Florida's School of Veterinary Medicine performs the assay. I've sent histological specimens to them before, and was pleased with the customer service.

Thanks

Old 10-06-2019, 08:05 PM   #8
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
Thanks for the clarification on the labels, Kathleen. Still, it wouldn't hurt to shoot a complaint to Reptiles Express with photos showing the box the snake was shipped in. I'm not sure if they'll do anything at all, but at least the ball is in their court at that point. Improper shipping can impact their FedEx agreement so they probably would like to know.
I'm actually the purchaser, so I wonder if that muddies the water a bit. Obviously, I had no control over the box he used, but since I'm Reptile Express's customer, perhaps the responsibility shifts to me.

Now I need to know, and will call them tomorrow!

Still no excuse to send an animal out like that.

Old 10-06-2019, 08:56 PM   #9
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
Hi Jim,

He's in quarantine, and will be for several months.

I would like to have him tested, and will talk with my herp vet as to choice of labs. I think University of Florida's School of Veterinary Medicine performs the assay. I've sent histological specimens to them before, and was pleased with the customer service.

Thanks
When you decide could you send me a PM letting me know how you made out ?
Last protocol I heard was getting three tests over a nine month quarentine period ; one test every three months. It's now like crypto where one negative result doesn't mean anything.

Best of luck with him.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:10 PM   #10
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post

Yaz has not responded to my texts regarding this issue.
This was an expensive purchase, but no matter the price tag all critters should be shipped safely. It is disturbing that there is no feedback from him here regarding the issue. Perhaps contacting him in another way might be worthwhile?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!