what are they really worth ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
oldworldlife
what are they really worth ?

I have seen a huge drop in crested gecko value lately. I use to sell crested babys for $40-$45 range just a year ago now I can't find a single buyer at $20 is this everywhere or just here in WI ?

Old 10-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
rcarichter
I think it's a combination of the market being flooded with average geckos, and the economy being in the toilet. People are very reluctant to let go of their money for an average animal, even if they can't afford a more rare morph. What are they really worth? Whatever someone will pay on any given day.

Noelle

Old 10-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
JELReptiles
With crested geckos being available at local pet stores for around $50, individuals are not going to be willing to pay much more for "typical" cresteds. To do well, you really have to have animals that stand out and are truly unique. Just as the quote about "whatever people are willing to pay" goes, so does the saying "you get out what you put in". If you purchase some really nice, high end geckos, pair them with geckos of great structure, pattern, and color, hopefully you will get some nicer ones out of them and therefore sell them at a higher price.

I still find people are willing to pay good money for crested geckos, they just have higher expectations, and as a seller you want to offer something special so the customer is satisfied spending a little more for quality animals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!