eh - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 11-05-2017, 12:26 AM   #1
SeraDevin
eh

hey there. Im Sera. i have been absolutely obsessed with with reptiles my entire life. i dont currently have any reptiles of my own but im really hoping that will change soon. i mean..

i have hermit crabs?? does that count?

anyways im hoping to get a ball python and some geckos of my own at some point (considering thats all my partner will allow me to have probably lol)

and im really interested in getting to know some of you guys and learning more about the hobby!

what else.. uh

i dont really know how to use this site and i have poor grammar.

i dont wear pants if i have the choice.

who wants to be friends??

Old 11-05-2017, 04:33 AM   #2
Lucille
Welcome!!! I have kept hermit crabs in the past, they are interesting.
You might consider your relationship prior to acquiring any reptiles, and perhaps find someone different or go it on your own. It seems to me that one partner not 'allowing' the other to do something is pretty toxic.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:06 AM   #3
SeraDevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Welcome!!! I have kept hermit crabs in the past, they are interesting.
You might consider your relationship prior to acquiring any reptiles, and perhaps find someone different or go it on your own. It seems to me that one partner not 'allowing' the other to do something is pretty toxic.
ah my intention wasnt to make my partner out to be controlling. i promise its pretty much the opposite.

we do live together, so theres context. its understandable to want to consider the other persons feelings about having a bunch of reptiles in one home before going out and buying them.

Also, i dont mind this much. if i had a choice i would probably get carried away just because i tend to impulse buy things in general. and i dont want more animals than i can handle or afford. (that wouldnt be fair to anyone. especially the animals)

thank you for the concern though! she really has opened up to owning snakes especially. shes just not used to owning them and hasnt really grown up around them like i have which is fine. but shes making an effort and thats all i can ask for.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:31 PM   #4
Randall Turner
Welcome to the forum. Using the site is pretty straight forward and will get easier to navigate as you spend time looking around. Also yes hermit crabs count, they are fun little creatures to keep and watch.

Old 11-05-2017, 04:37 PM   #5
SeraDevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Turner View Post
Welcome to the forum. Using the site is pretty straight forward and will get easier to navigate as you spend time looking around. Also yes hermit crabs count, they are fun little creatures to keep and watch.
Thanks! I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. I'm surprised I hadn't joined sooner