Can Someone Help Me Out! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Bearded Dragons

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
fonzi18
Can Someone Help Me Out!

I really want to get into breeding beardies....but i have no ready females...i have two males 1(4yr) Snow/normal cross and 1(14mnth) high citrus/snow pastel cross...also have a 3month old female (Red Flame/Red Desert x Red Flame/Gold Sandfire/Sandfire red) but i still have way to long till she is ready... anybody want to help out....PLEASE!!!! but i am not rich so help me with the deals...
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-20-2007, 09:21 PM   #2
fonzi18
Maybe a deal like Your pick of the clutch or the whole clutch....???
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-20-2007, 09:26 PM   #3
Cat_72
Alonso, if you can't afford to buy a female, perhaps you need to do some research into what it actually costs to raise a clutch of babies to selling age. It is quite expensive (those little babies need a LOT of crickets, among other things!) to raise them properly. Food, heat, lighting, enclosures for all....figuring an average of 20-some babies, it adds up very quickly.

Just something to think about.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:49 PM   #4
fonzi18
Yeah of course i know that....but i would just do it like when i helped my friend and breed crickets again(it was easy) or just buy in bulks....i know i helped raise my friends....thats how i got my first dragon....
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-21-2007, 12:28 AM   #5
shinkster
there's also the cost of veterinary care for mom if anything goes wrong, and care for the babies if you experience trouble with parasites, deformities, accidents, etc.

Plus building the baby bins.

Plus the incubator.

Plus, if you can't wait for your girl to be of proper breeding age, are you prepared to wait for the babies to hatch? Are you capable of paying/caring for babies that you don't sell right away, or don't sell at all? Keeping in mind that males cannot be kept together past a certain age, and the cost of individual enclosures adds up quickly...

Just... a lot to consider. But basically, being a responsible breeder means not only doing something you want, but something that you feel promotes the best interests of the animals involved.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread