Inquiry on Ryan (fauna ID smurf14) and Jeff Adams - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:59 PM   #1
SPJ
Inquiry on Ryan (fauna ID smurf14) and Jeff Adams

Anyone have any dealings with either of these people?
Ryan's email is Rreddehase14@aol.com and his Fauna ID is smurf14.
Jeff Adam's email is deyepsta1@yahoo.com.

I am considering a purchase but would like some feedback from people who have dealt with them before.

I contacted Ryan regarding the female western hog he has listed on Fauna. Turns out it was sold but he had a nice male available.

We agreed on a price and then I was emailed by Jeff Adams. He is the real owner of the male and the deal will now go forward with him.

I am a bit hesitant since the snake belongs to someone other than the person I originally made the deal with, they don't take paypal, and the new person to deal with has a yahoo email.

If anyone has any dealings with these two, please post it.
Hopefully I am over concerned and these guys are great to deal with.
Thanks.

Old 01-19-2006, 02:53 PM   #2
SPJ
More info. Jeff Adams real name is Jeff Melland and he is from California. It just shows up on the email as Jeff Adams. Ex's last name was used to set up the email account.

Anyone ever do business with these people?

Old 01-19-2006, 07:55 PM   #4
SPJ
Thanks for the link Bobby.
This will be a "pet" purchase for the kids and I want to make sure I can trust the seller.

Old 01-19-2006, 11:32 PM   #5
Dennis Hultman
Steve,

Now, I am not saying anything negative about these people but you have had a run of bad luck lately and I would be a little more cautious. Why would a man take the last name of his ex? Did the original guy tell you that the snake belonged to someone else before you concluded the deal or were you just emailed by the new party? I am just looking out for your interests here. The guy did not tell you that he had a different last name until you put up the enquiry, correct! He could have done a search and pulled the last name up of anyone. Just use caution. Get his phone number and ask for his ISP provided email address. Please.

Old 01-19-2006, 11:40 PM   #6
Dennis Hultman
"enquiry" = Inquiry

Old 01-20-2006, 12:46 AM   #7
SPJ
Quote:
Now, I am not saying anything negative about these people but you have had a run of bad luck lately and I would be a little more cautious.
That is exactly why I am hesitant. I do not want to have any more bad deals.

Quote:
Why would a man take the last name of his ex?
That struck me as being odd as well. I have never heard of a man using the wifes last name.

Quote:
Did the original guy tell you that the snake belonged to someone else before you concluded the deal or were you just emailed by the new party?
That is where the flags went off. I worked out the deal with the original person and when it came time to set up payment arrangements, it turns out the animal belongs to someone else and I need to deal with them now.

Quote:
The guy did not tell you that he had a different last name until you put up the inquiry, correct!
That is correct. The emails came from Jeff Adams but after I told him I put up an inquiry on the BOI, he said his real last name is Melland.

Quote:
Get his phone number and ask for his ISP provided email address.
I have a number but when I tried it, I got a message that the call could not be completed. I tried from work so maybe something happened since it is not uncommon for me to call my own house from work and get that same recorded message. I figure I'll try it again from my cellphone.
I will ask for the ISP addy.

Quote:
Just use caution.
I definitely will. Since they will not take paypal for the payment, I will be using a postal money order with delivery confirmation if I go thru with the deal. It just isn't going like a normal purchase would and the recent bad deals where I got shafted are still fresh in my mind.

Old 01-21-2006, 07:10 PM   #8
SPJ
Well, I am going to take a chance and send the money for the snake.
He confirmed the info about the deal with the albino RES that Bobby posted the link for and I have his address and phone number.
I will be using a postal money order.

Old 08-31-2007, 05:09 PM   #9
jeff m
LOL, i searched my name and found this thread. Very cool forum. Well, it's a little late, i found out about BOI a couple of months ago actually. My name is Jeff Melland, my email does come up as Jeff Adams (yes the last name of a my ex who I was with when I made the email account). When I made this account I was new to the internet and didn't want to post anything personal about me in fear of ID Theft (was big about 8 years ago). I have used different emails because I don't like the one i have now and i keep trying to change the name on the account, but it wont work. So i tried new accounts with cool names and end up forgetting the password or id after months pass. I think I have gone thru 4 emails now, including deyepsta1@yahoo.com.

As far as caution, I agree, I have made 8 purchases online and have been ripped off 3 times so far. I don't know why people do it for a couple hundred dollars, but whatever. It is a part of the internet life. If you could spend a little more money, I highly reccommend buying at you local pet store where you can actually see the animals health, size, etc. That or you can buy from me .

I have never ripped anyone off in hopes that I would be extended the same courtesy when doing business over the internet. Well, I guess that's it.

LOL, by the way, I still have the albino male western hogs. They did drop a lot in value since I initially purchased them, sucks, oh well. I have tried to sell them again, but for some reason no one wants to send the cash. Probably because the email thing I'm thinking. What can I do...I guess I will breed them myself this or next year, wish me luck it will be my first time breeding snakes.

Oh yes, the Ryan guy i made a purchase from in the past. I forgot if it went well or bad, but I did do business with the guy about 4 years ago. I think he was trying to get a discount or something by purchasing bulk or referring people to me. I dont remember exactly. Hope this helps everyone and I'm glad to see I have a good comment.
Jeff Melland, aka via email (jeff adams)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!