Thai Bamboo Clutch Hatched 7-22-15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-29-2015, 12:22 PM   #1
Charis
Thai Bamboo Clutch Hatched 7-22-15

This is the second clutch of the season from Serenity x Atari.
Unfortunately, I messed up and let the eggs dry out around the middle of incubation, had thought we were going to lose maybe as many as half the clutch. In the event, we lost 2 eggs and the very final egg to hatch, that was still pretty messed, the baby in it was unable to absorb it's yolk. It's still going strong at the moment though, so might make it.

This clutch has the greatest diversity of any we've had to date.

Hatching pics first! The first pip kind of looked like it might have been twins, so I trimmed some of the egg off to see better and it was just one baby.

First baby all of the way out.

More pippies!

Old 07-29-2015, 12:32 PM   #2
Charis
Baby AxS72215-1. Typical markings.

AxS72215-2, typical markings.

AxS72215-3, typical markings.

AxS72315-4, typical markings.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
Charis

AxS72315-5, this one I was very jazzed to see. It has two cross bars and always before they've produced babies with only one or none at all.

AxS72315-6, typical markings.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:46 PM   #4
Charis
AxS72315-7 did not get any pictures taken but he had the more typical markings too.

AxS72515-8 is the final baby, the one that couldn't absorb it's yolk. He has a super neat pattern, 4 1/2 cross bars! He was trying to eat my hand the other day, when I checked on him, so hopefully he's feisty enough to pull through.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:34 AM   #5
toddnbecka
As long as he eats he should be fine even w/out the yolk. Many years ago I had a baby arrowana that still had the yolk sac. It was placed in an aquarium with dozens of guppies, and they rather quickly ate the yolk sac right off the larger fish. I thought that would kill it, but it was fine, and started eating the guppies within a day. Grew and developed just fine.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:40 PM   #6
Charis
As an update, it took awhile for little #8 and I to find something he either would or could eat but was finally able to get a pinky head down him and "he" has now had 4 consecutive meals on the smallest pinky heads I can find. He's pretty game about trying but has a hard time getting even the pinky heads down, he's so small. But he wanted nothing to do with tails. I haven't bothered to check the gender yet, so have defaulted to using him and he but considering how many females were in this clutch, "he's" probably more likely to be a girl.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:21 AM   #7
snowgyre
Phenomenal looking snakes! Great news that you've been getting that little one eating. I'd be curious to find out if the odd patterning you're seeing here is sex-linked, similar to the vanishing pattern found in other bamboo rats.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!