Addicted to balls...pythons that is. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
phoenix-cry
Addicted to balls...pythons that is.

So I just can't seem to stop adding to my collection. I'm only up to 5, but that's a lot for me. I picked up a male pastel today:

And a female, which the guy *insists* is genotype cinny/black pastel...but she look like just a normal. Anyway, he sold her for a normal price, she's an 'out of Africa' or so he says. I'll breed the pair and see what happens.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
Balls Deep Reptiles
It has only just begun!!!! 2 years ago I had a male albino and a het female. Today I'm in the 35-40 range. Good luck with your restraint!

She definitely just looks like a normal but does have some granite type speckling on her side. I hope you get a clutch from her this year so we can see what pops out?

Old 03-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
phoenix-cry
She has a lot of granite speckle when you look close, I'm not sorry I bought her.

35-40?! My hubby would kill me!!

I'm thinking I'll fatten them up for a month or so and then start the whole breeding process. It'll be my first shot at breeding ball pythons.

So far:
1.1 pied, 1.0 albino, 1.0 pastel, 0.1 normal/granite/mystery snake

Old 03-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #4
Balls Deep Reptiles
Yeh I could only ever have 1 or 2 snakes/lizards when I was married but now I call the shots and it's "Ball Deep" over here!

Old 03-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
AdamR
Haha same happened to me! I got out of snakes for a few years then bought a male pastel in 09 "just to look at and hold" and now I have several more!!! I personally think it's the perfect hobby for a young person who moves a lot bc the snakes only care about their heat and rats, not location!!

Not if you explain to him that he can either have a new car/truck/motorcycle!! OOORrrrr a new tool shed/man cave (aka: your new snake house!!)

Old 03-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #6
phoenix-cry
My hubby really is a very understanding man. Luckily I recently 'let' him buy a new car. giggle. I got my first pied just to have one...but then I couldn't stop thinking about breeding him! And then I kinda fell into these last three....

Old 03-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #7
phoenix-cry
Okay...now my hubby is really going to kill me. He broke a tooth tonight and the money I just spent on this pair of snake could have paid for what is probably going to be an expensive fix. I wonder if dentists can be paid in snakes...

Old 03-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #8
Balls Deep Reptiles
It's much cheaper to just have it pulled!

Old 03-04-2011, 11:44 PM   #9
phoenix-cry
Hmmmm....I wonder if that's actually an option. Of course since it's not *my* tooth I might just suggest it. My poor hubby, he is not happy right now. We went to walgreens and got this sticky stuff that you're supposed to be able to use as a 'patch' until you can see a dentist...yeah, it doesn't work so great.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:04 AM   #10
Balls Deep Reptiles
yep tried it before it doesn't work. Got drunk, bit my tounge ring and broke a tooth! I ended up putting super glue in it until I got to the dentist.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!