Bad Guy REPTILE CITY - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #81
dallastexas23
What do you Reccomend? Should I take her to a vet ?

Old 05-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #82
Mushead
Does it eat and poop ok? I really don't know what a vet will do for it. As far as the aggression it's hard to say if it's in pain or just has an attitude

Old 05-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #83
dallastexas23
I just received her and have not tried to feed her nor have I seen her poop. She may be mean just because of how she was previously handled and also her trip through USPS. Only time will tell

Old 05-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #84
Kitishane
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastexas23 View Post
... I left her alone so that she can get accomadated in her tank, but also have been trying to hold her so that she gets used to my scent and doesn't feel as threatened ...
Give the poor thing a LEAST a week without any handling to truly get acclimated to her new home. I get your reasoning, but unfortunately, you are likely adding more unnecessary stress. If you decide to take her to the vet, then contact is unavoidable, but after that, just let her settle in. Her attitude will likely change once she becomes more comfortable.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #85
dallastexas23
Thanks for all the tips. I let my breeder look at him, seems to just be a birth defect. Hopefully, he will become nicer as he grows.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:30 AM   #86
DARIN WILSON
IM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT MONITOR .I HAVE ORDERED FROM REPTILE CITY I TO HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE BUT MINE WERE ALL DOA. I ALSO HAD TO PICK THEM UP AT THE POST OFFICE.I WISH FELTON (REPTILE CITY) WOULD SHIP NEXT DAY.THESE REPTILE DIDNT DESERVE TO PARISH THAT WAY LESSON LEARNED.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #87
Sierra0101
I know I have a "bad reputation" on here and I should have no say in the BOI but I would just like to say that I ordered one of my snakes from ReptileCity and I will say, it took about 2 weeks to recieve the snake after I ordered it, but he did arrive alive, healthy, and on-time. I probably would not order from them again because I shouldn't have to wait 2 weeks for an overnight shipment. I called them everyday, emailed them everyday, annoyed them I'm sure, but if I had just got the snake before then I would have been completely satisfied. I'm very sorry to hear about the savannah monitor. I would continue on to write that things happen in shipping and blah blah blah, but because I see another comment with the same complaint, I'm just going to keep my mouth shut. I wish you luck in solving your problem.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #88
Ragalfragg
I just want to say that I had a beyond bad experience ordering from reptile city. I ordered a hatchling ball python from them and what I got was just plain sad... They shipped her IN THE MAIL and she was unmarked. I called the post office at 9 the morning she was supposed to arrive and when I asked of she had come I the lady freaked out. They had no clue that there was a snake in there. So I went to pick her up immediately and when I got there she was in a envelope the on with bubble wrap on the inside. I let that go though mostly because I didn't know any better. It was the first time I had ordered a snake online so I didn't know the drill. I did notice that she was underweight so I took her to a breeder friend of mine for a check up and was appalled by the extent o her condition. What I thought to be bad scales turned out to be ticks... Head to tail ticks. She also was extremely dehydrated and had rodent bites. (I have pics I can email to anyone who wants to see as well as all the emails with them) in short he said that he would look into fixing it but he never got back to me. Now I wouldn't trade my little girl for the world... She's he sweetest snake I've ever had but she's still so sick. These guys are crooks that's the best way to put it. Kiyo could have easily been crushed. It makes me sick how this all went down.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #89
ronritzer
Crooks about sums it up.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #90
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragalfragg View Post
(I have pics I can email to anyone who wants to see as well as all the emails with them).
Post whatever pictures and emails you have here, in the thread. I'd be interested in seeing pictures of the envelope the snake was shipped in, including a clear shot of the label. Emailing pictures to a few people who may inquire, won't do much to help the many people who will subsequently read this thread, in the future. Whatever evidence you have, will have the greatest effect when posted for all to see.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!