Bad Guy Scammer Lance Allen (Lance.Allen423) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:41 PM   #31
Pasodama
BTW I don't know about elsewhere but, in Ohio, it is a felony to commit a crime (such as making threats) through internet service providers and web based email service providers.
However, this is dependent upon whether, or not, a detective is willing to do the work and if the service providers are willing to press charges.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:48 PM   #32
JessKeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post

It could simply be nothing more than a case of "tough behind a keyboard" but, on the other hand, there is that possibility of real instability.
Thus, any threats should be taken serious.
I think this goes a little farther than just bluffing behind a keyboard. Online is often where instability first shows itself, because it feels safer to the person exhibiting it. But with threats like this, you have to wonder if he will escalate and actually hurt a person. The things he said would make any stable person uncomfortable just reading them, and are definitely not normal things for a person to say. For the sake of anyone he will come in contact with in person, I would definitely file a report so this is on record. Scary!

Old 03-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #33
Lucille
I checked the membership roster which lists his full name as Lance Owens, so for search purposes I thought I'd provide the name here.
It also says his last visit to the site was today, so I'm thinking he is following the thread.

Dennis, if you could get the report filed today, I think that would be good.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:11 PM   #34
Ed Clark
Wow,this guy is way across the line!

Don't even want to guess what his problems are.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:42 PM   #35
favrielle
Quote:
Have you ever seen someone dismembered knuckle by knuckle joint by join? It's quiet arousing
Anyone who can speak or type something like THAT ^^ needs to be taken seriously and dealt with accordingly.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:10 PM   #36
Magical Geckos
Meh. Honestly Its not worth it to me to take it any further.
he is some punk kid that likes to pop off at the mouth and seem like he is something to be feared. I am a former officer and will be again here soon. I am in no way afraid of him.
If i truly took his threats serious i would do something.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #37
JCCS
It's not about being afraid of him, Dennis. I wouldn't be either. It's about teaching him that there are consequences for his actions, and also the potential for getting someone that's having some issues help.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:48 PM   #38
favrielle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
It's not about being afraid of him, Dennis. I wouldn't be either. It's about teaching him that there are consequences for his actions, and also the potential for getting someone that's having some issues help.
^^ That.

Even if you think he's just some punk kid talking/typing tough, there are red flags here for serious mental illness/instability. You might not be at risk, but if he's more than just the mouthy punk you think he is, someone else (or their wife, or their kids, or their dog, etc etc etc... ) might be.

It takes a serious kind of sick to think that dismembering ANYTHING living is arousing.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:04 PM   #39
laterob
I would think this falls under mandated reporting?

99% chance just a punk kid, 1% chance he's a socio- or psycho- or whatever-apath. Hate to find out he does something rash in the future with this 'warning sign'.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:08 PM   #40
JCCS
If he had said this to a therapist, it would fall under mandated reporting as he mentioned planning to purchase a weapon. That along with the rest of it would probably push you to report.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!