Bad Guy Greg Judd, I'd stay away from him as a customer - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:22 PM   #1
Ken Foose
Greg Judd, I'd stay away from him as a customer

I don't do this lightly. But since I feel I need to warn my friends, this seems to be the best avenue to take.

I sent a king snake to a guy in Oklahoma named Greg Judd. Fex ex computers crashed today, and pretty much every shipment ground to a halt. I scrambled all morning to take care of my customers, and all went well except for one. My advice would be NOT to do business with this man. Over the phone everything went well as usual, but man, as soon as the box did not show up he became rude and well, a jerk. Save yourself a headache. Avoid Greg.

Greg
Well I never received the package. I'm guessing you failed to ship. Just refund my money, I'm not taking another day off from work. That's 2 of you that didn't ship like you said you would. I will never understand why herp people are so lousy at running a business. At least the other guy let me know he screwed up. You on the other hand just blew me off, no email no phone call! From now on I only buy locally or at shows.
Greg Judd

Me
It is early in the morning here, and I just got here. I have been doing this for 25 years, and I, sir, do not "blow off" my customers. I believe that jumping on me early in the AM is not called for. Enjoy your snake.

Greg

You said between 8:00 and 10:30 I assumed you meant the time here
And I never received any notification from you or fed ex. If I complained early I apologize. But you did say between 8 and 10:30 and they're usually here first thing
And if you've been in the biz 25 years you know herp people are notoriously unreliable. I had 3 deliveries scheduled for today the first one kept changing the order because he didn't have what he thought. The second just didn't get around to shipping the snakes and I never heard back from you. (I realize you expected fed ex to let me know and usually they do, which is why I assumed incorrectly that you hadn't shipped)
This is how it's been as long as I can remember, but I'm sure you what I'm talking about you deal with them more than I do. I apologize for jumping to the wrong conclusion.

Me

I have tried to call you. I have spoken to fed ex. Their computers crashed. We have 3 options. 1, they can deliver tomorrow. I packed snake in a way that it will survive, even on the porch all day long. 2, they can hold it in Stillwater for you to pick up. 3, I can have them send it back to me and I can refund your money. Tell what you'd like to do.
This delay is not my fault. I held up my end, and so did you. Please don't make me responsible for fed ex delays. I'm going all I can to resolve this. Every single box I shipped yesterday is delayed. I can only control so much. I need to know what you'd like to do asap please

Greg
I don't blame you, but I can't take off again and the package will require a signature.
I'm damn sure not paying fifty bucks for over night shipping and driving 2 hours one way to pick it up, that ain't happening. I also am not paying for a dead snake, and I don't believe it will last on the porch, I work 9 to 9 which means he will be in the direct sunlight for 12 hours at 100 degrees. If you want to take a chance that's fine but it's all on you, if the snake doesn't make it I'll expect a full refund. So if you want to risk it, that's fine otherwise just refund my money

Me
I'm working on having it shipped back to me. I'll be crediting your card back today.

Greg
Yeah, I thought you might feel a little differently when it's your money at risk!
Enjoy your snake!

Me
Wow. No, that's not why I'm taking it back at all. Your attitude sucks, and I see all kinds of problems down the road from you. Since I want to avoid them, I choose to take the snake back. Please don't order from me again. Making me a bad guy for no reason sucks. I have been nothing but polite and kind to you. I don't need this shit you are dishing on me. Really. No need to contact me again please

Greg
Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't realize you were such a delicate little flower. And yeah you did everything except get the package here which is all I asked, moron. And yes there would have been problems as I always expect to get my package when it's expected particularly when I've paid 50.00 for shipping...Dumbass
You really thought I'd order from you again? you're as stupid as you are whiny. Maybe you didn't understand when I said I'll only buy locally or at shows that it included you. You are real brain trust! Keep up the good work!

I don't require someone to sign by the way. I credited his card back right away and fed ex is shipping the snake back on their dime and will be back here in the morning.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:39 PM   #2
alex bleas
Its always the customers that spend 40 bucks that act like there doing some big transaction. If your not buying and producing 50000 a year your a hobbyist and theirs nothing wrong with that. Chill out and njoy the hobby and not rag on a good guy.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:23 AM   #3
meowmeowkazoo
Wow, definitely someone to avoid. Thanks for the warning.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:34 AM   #4
bobbafett
I agree that refunding his money was the proper thing to do. He probably would have been a difficult customer judging by his comments.

If anyone is to blame about the snake not getting there, it's Fed ex, not you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-20-2014, 02:35 AM   #5
Captive Bred Excellence
You handled that better than I would have Ken. Thanks for the heads up you delicate little flower!
Tad Fitzgerald

Old 08-20-2014, 10:11 AM   #6
KBenker
Wow, that is just unbelievable. You did the right thing having the snake shipped back to you.

Now if only I would get word from my buyer. The geckos got held up in the same mess and were delivered in the afternoon instead of the guaranteed by 10:30 am. No word on their condition at this point, why do some people assume we don't care/worry about our animals?

Old 08-20-2014, 10:38 AM   #7
gila7150
Nice job Ken! You did everything you could do to make the customer happy but this guy obviously had a bad case of anal-cranial inversion syndrome.
On a side note, I've actually been asking the seller to have Fed Ex hold my package for pick-up. I'm able to pick up much earlier (sometimes by 8:30am) and there is less chance for shipping errors. It is ridiculously hot in Central Florida right now.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:13 PM   #8
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
WOW!!!! What a SOB talking to you like that. You did the right thing I would have been more then happy if it were me! Great customer service just a bad customer! Did he not think to call fed ex and at least try to see what was going on? Thanks for the heads up!

Old 08-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #9
winecountryconstrictors
Wow thanks for the heads up. Some people are just unhappy. It sure shows with this dude.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:47 PM   #10
amfarberg
Has Greg been notified of this thread? Given that Greg's last email to you was quite antagonistic, I applaud you for not responding back with nasty comments. More importantly, how is the snake doing after all this shipping?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!