Bad Guy GRIPHEN FLETCHER AKA "FINN DOCHERTY" THIEF, CON ARTIST. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:27 AM   #1
pestodeculo
GRIPHEN FLETCHER AKA "FINN DOCHERTY" THIEF, CON ARTIST.

Please remove if this is not allowed, but i feel it is important as he frequents this group.

EVERYONE BEWARE OF GRIPHEN FLETCHER AKA "FINN DOCHERTY". This kid is 19-20 and is a thief and con artist. Do not BUY animals from him as there is a HUGE chance that they are stolen animals. I would not recommend selling him any animals either, as they will probably die shortly after coming in to his care. NOW THAT YOU'VE HEARD MY WARNING, LET ME EXPLAIN. This may take a minute but please read it through..

This goes back to September 2015, Griphin (Finn) offered me a trade for a pair of crocodiles for a large varanus cumingi I had posted for sale.. He was passing through town with his boss at the time so I decided to give the animals a look over.. The crocs looked nice so I went through with the trade and sent him on his way, no problems...

Let's fast forward to October, I pick up a pair of Fly River Turtles from my friend Julio Rodriguez. I do not have much experience with turtles as my specialty is varanids, most of you that know me already know this.. About a week after the show Finn wants the crocs back so he makes me all sorts of trade deals, which we never settled on anything In particular, but he was passing through my area again to go to the Columbia SC show so I said come on and get them as they were fairly large and I didn't want to ship (MY FIRST BIG MISTAKE).

Finn and a friend of his show up to my house, and I WELCOME THEM IN TO MY HOME. I fed them, let them sleep in my home and we spoke about animals.. He saw the Fly River turtles and incessantly insisted that they were sick and that he had a huge pool for them, that he would bring them back to health and once my facility was finished and a new pool constructed on my facility then would be bring them back up. I then proceeded to make my SECOND MISTAKE, I tossed the idea back and forth, but at the time was impressed by his turtle knowledge (part of his con, turns out he really doesn't know much at all) therefore I gave him permission to keep them TEMPORARILY with weekly updates.. Finn takes them, along with some other animals I had for sale (Aussie frilled dragons) as part of the future trade that was supposed to take place a week or so later.

So to recap, he has taken a large varanus cumingi, 2 crocodiles, 2 Fly River turtles and 2 Aussie frilled dragons... All in all close to $10,000 in animals... Let's continue..

Finn makes excuse after excuse as to why he hasn't made it back here yet.. All the while giving me verbal progress reports stating the turtles were still a little rough but progressing well..at the same time I see my frills pop up at a petshop in south Florida, I contact Finn and ask why my animal is on another business's classifieds and he says "oh I am just housing it there, I'll tell him to take the add down now" that animal disappeared shortly after.

Here comes December, I am fed up and ask Finn for ALL of my animals back and that if he can't bring them to me, I will come down and get them.. He tells me he will come up beginning of January..

January first rolls around.. I try to call Finn, he has CHANGED HIS PHONE NUMBER.. I try to get him on Facebook, he had BLOCKED MYSELF AND MUTUAL FRIENDS ON FB. This dumb bag of rocks was simply trying to disappear it seemed.

Here we are, now almost April, and I have learned some new information.. A trusted friend in the business whom has been around for a very long time (name will be left out as he doesn't want to get involved) caught wind of this and connected the dots... Apparently the day Finn left my home, he went to everyone he knew in the southeast and tried to SELL ALL OF MY ANIMALS on his way back to Florida. HE LITERALLY LEFT MY HOME AFTER WE WORKED OUT A DEAL, THEN PROCEEDED TO SELL MY ANIMALS (theft...) then continue to lie to me for months until trying to go in to hiding.

To wrap things up, it's been almost 6 months and all the animals I sent with him are either dead or dust in the wind.

If you have made it to the end of this, HEED MY WARNING AND DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING NEAR OR AROUND THIS SCUMBAG. Last I heard, this kid OWES A LOT OF PEOPLE A LOT OF MONEY. He lives In Jacksonville FL but spends a lot of time in Miami and surrounding areas as well. HE ATTENDS MOST FLORIDA SHOWS AS WELL AS GEORGIA and COLUMBIA REPTICON SHOWS.

The kid seemed like he had a good head on his shoulders, I welcomed him in to my home and felt like I could trust him. Don't believe a damn word that liar says if you come in to contact with him. Don't make the same mistake I did. Attached is a photo of him.

-Chris
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2016, 01:21 AM   #2
Snake-Queen
Who was his traveling companion, on his second trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-29-2016, 01:29 AM   #3
Snake-Queen
I have found him on FB.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?i...urce=typeahead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-29-2016, 04:37 AM   #4
Pouky28
Im sorry but I have to laught at this,who in their right mind let some kid take 10k in animals home? I guess is true what they say "There's a sucker born every day"

Old 03-29-2016, 06:22 AM   #5
pestodeculo
Well, Marcos, I've been doing this a while and over the years have grown my "hobby" in to a 4,000 square foot facility with a collection worth roughly half a million dollars. So, I reckon I got a bit complacent after dealing with him a couple times. Trust me, it won't happen again. The purpose of this post is to warn other, not to receive sarcastic comments on points I realized quite a long time ago. Thx.

-Chris

Old 03-29-2016, 06:34 AM   #6
Black Adder
Unfortunately I have to admit that I know of this person and had first hand experience of his "flipping" ability.
We were at a Jax Repticon, I was looking at a bhp that was reasonably priced, while mulling it over and still perusing other animals, he persuaded the seller it was sick and bought it for a song( related to me by the seller). I then found him outside the show selling this very same bhp to somebody in the car park, saw money change hands, obviously dont know the details but can only assume it was at a profit.
Have not seen him since but your story does not surprise me at all.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:14 AM   #7
pestodeculo
Here is his "business" name and email address. The police will be getting involved shortly.

K.O. Exotics & Imports
k.o.exotics904@hotmail.com

Old 03-29-2016, 10:15 AM   #8
pestodeculo
I can not tag him or notify him of this post, as he has blocked me from all forms of contact. If anyone knows him, they're welcome to inform him.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:18 PM   #9
leftycrane
Hopefully you have some proof that this all took place and that he had your animals and sold them. Otherwise what can the police do? It's hearsay

Old 03-29-2016, 03:23 PM   #10
Craig Wyatt
I sent him a pm on Facebook about this thread. Let's see if he joins the conversation. If everything your saying is correct I doubt he will chime in.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!