Inquiry Randall Nash Hartdegen - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:08 AM   #21
kstaffen
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMYTRADIX View Post
Is he rescuing and reselling?
I think what is the bigger issue here is, if he is lying about his age, education, and background, are there reasons his 'rescue' could be questionable? I am not saying it is, just that the false information he has given, tends to make one wonder. If the rescue is legitimate, then support is indeed needed. But I think that this person and his rescue/breeding operation should be scrutinized before donating.

Old 12-08-2016, 12:17 PM   #22
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffsideExotics View Post
We were talking about breeding the lesser common species or commonly mass imported species like monitors. He's not planning to breed the rescues or anything that's already mass produced like ball pythons
He seems to be telling others not to breed, though.
Are donations to the rescue organization tax deductible and does he have the appropriate paperwork?
I'm not at all saying this is the case here, but there are people that call themselves rescues and are not.

I'm hoping he will come here and address all the questions that have been asked.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2016, 01:05 PM   #23
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I'm hoping he will come here and address all the questions that have been asked.
Has anyone alerted him to this thread?

Old 12-08-2016, 01:08 PM   #24
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I was told that he was, but I haven't alerted him personally. So I can't say for sure.

Old 12-08-2016, 01:10 PM   #25
Kristi23
Found this today, too.

I can understand lying about your age. No big deal most of the time. But I don't understand lying about military service, college degrees, papers getting ready to be published, etc.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2016, 01:14 PM   #26
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I just sent him a link to this thread on facebook just in case the other people didn't get to it yet (ones who told me they would alert him). So he does have this now.

Old 12-08-2016, 01:32 PM   #27
TOMMYTRADIX
I will admit he has done a lot while he was in high school. I don't understand why people feel the need to lie. He seems like he has good intentions but all of the lies ruins everything good he is trying to.

Old 12-08-2016, 03:28 PM   #28
krisym
He also has claimed to bring burmese pythons out of Florida. I would like to see a response from him considering the implications.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2016, 04:10 PM   #29
Lucille
His opinions have some substance, in that laws are not always right. But that sort of flagrant public disregard may encourage lawmakers create statutes to make Burmese illegal, period, everywhere or have them all destroyed.
And to say that 'nothing' herpetologists do is legal is disrespectful to those who do not choose to do what he has done.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:08 PM   #30
CliffsideExotics
Until Randall can prove to me that he is who he days he is, I'm no longer a part of his business/nonprofit/rescue/whatever you want to call it. I'm hoping to video chat with his mentor (Luke J Harmon) to clear up some of the social media crap storm, but as of right now, I and Cliffside Exotics are no longer a part of The Hartdegen Habitats Reptile Rescue or The Furever Haus Sanctuary. I'll still consider Randall as a friend, and I'll still be in contact with him as a friend, but as a business, I'm distancing myself from the rescue

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!