Inquiry Randall Nash Hartdegen - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-11-2016, 05:53 PM   #61
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by favrielle View Post
I'd say this inquiry thread is entirely valid, and a good warning to check into anyone before you send them/their business/their "rescue" or organization money. Randall Nash Hartdegan is clearly NOT everything he says he is... whether that's because he's intentionally out to defraud people, or because he is young & stupid/mentally ill/what-have-you, that doesn't change the fact that people within the community might not want to get entangled with him.
That about sums it up. Seems nearly inconceivable that anyone who can see beyond their own nose could possibly 'loose' sight of just what this forum is about, and just how appropriate this thread is. I guess it's a good thing that not everyone shares a notable disinterest in that which only affects themselves. Just imagine how many people might not have received help they clearly needed if the rest of us were inclined to say, "I didn't 'loose' anything, so it's not my problem."

Old 12-11-2016, 08:21 PM   #62
DavidBeard
Here's the thing about people who ACTUALLY commit suicide, they don't threaten to do so, they just *do it*......anybody that says they're going to kill themselves is looking for attention.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:24 PM   #63
Craig Wyatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
That about sums it up. Seems nearly inconceivable that anyone who can see beyond their own nose could possibly 'loose' sight of just what this forum is about, and just how appropriate this thread is. I guess it's a good thing that not everyone shares a notable disinterest in that which only affects themselves. Just imagine how many people might not have received help they clearly needed if the rest of us were inclined to say, "I didn't 'loose' anything, so it's not my problem."
And there's one last attempt at a cheap shot. Dan I posted what I posted and it's not ever going anywhere. There's nothing that I've said that I consider regretful. I'm not just saying this to say it. Dan I really do respect you from what I know of you. Sometimes I find you rather annoying but on the flip side you might feel the same way about me. So who cares. Neither of us will loose any sleep over the other. You are also well spoken and I agree more often than not with your posts. No 2 people will ever agree on everything so let's just agree to disagree on this.
Prior to my initial post is plenty of stuff about Randall for people to form an opinion of him. For anyone reading I just want to be very clear I am not defending him in the sense of what evidence has been posted. My intentions of posting was much deeper. Simple as that. Take it or leave it. Everyday people kill themselves because no one takes there crys seriously and are easy to just dismiss them as cry baby attention seekers. I don't need to be right to post all I've posted. And if I can have it my way I'd like to be wrong and this is all for attention.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:27 PM   #64
Craig Wyatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
Here's the thing about people who ACTUALLY commit suicide, they don't threaten to do so, they just *do it*......anybody that says they're going to kill themselves is looking for attention.
Didn't see this when I posted. This comment is so far beyond wrong.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:29 PM   #65
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Wyatt View Post
It may not align with your personal beliefs, but having had several friends/family members working in the mental health/social work fields I can say I've seen time and time again that its true.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:51 PM   #66
Lucille
I was a psychiatric nurse for some years, years ago. It is not the case that those who threaten suicide do not do it.
Additionally, Idaho ranks among the highest states in suicide statistics.
This thread has value for several reasons. First, Kristi alerted us to the business practices by Randall, and whatever else is going on, that certainly has value as he has been asking for donations; and such alerts are part of what the BOI is for.
Second, by publishing the suicide ideations, the information in this thread has allowed officials from Idaho that can intervene on Randall's behalf to look into the situation after I alerted one of them.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:25 PM   #67
Craig Wyatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
It may not align with your personal beliefs, but having had several friends/family members working in the mental health/social work fields I can say I've seen time and time again that its true.
This has nothing to do with personal beliefs. You are saying what your saying as if it is a fact. Your statements are completely ludicrous and false. You may no some people that have threatened suicide before and didn't but that doesn't make your statement true at all. I'm glad none of them killed themselves but if just one of them did and the rest didn't then what would you be saying. I hope no one takes your post seriously and believes you because that could possibly be disasterize. Do you think Lucille is lying too? If you choose to reply to me please also include your answer about my question if you believe Lucille is lying too.

Lucille I'm glad you posted what you did. Coming from an educated person that's been in that field holds a lot of weight as far as I'm concerned. And it is extremely commendable that you took the time to call someone and alert them of Randall's suicide thoughts. You are a selfless person. The world could use a few more lucilles.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:57 PM   #68
Cletus Marley
I think the whole point of Craig's post was to just leave the guy be. You exposed him as a possible fraud. You plastered his life story in great detail across this thread. Now the guy is talking about killing himself. The nice thing would be to just let it go. He wasn't defending the guy. He was just saying that the BOI did it's job and now everyone can see the evidence and make their decisions based on what they read. Why keep kicking the while he is down? Especially when he isn't even guilty of ripping anyone off. I agree that a bit of compassion might be in order. Just my opinion. I love to watch you guys rip up the scammers. This just seems different to me.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:52 PM   #69
Untaimed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Wyatt View Post
My husband took his own life. There were no threats made, no cries for help or any other signs that he was considering it.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:13 PM   #70
Craig Wyatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untaimed View Post
My husband took his own life. There were no threats made, no cries for help or any other signs that he was considering it.
I'm sincerely sorry for your loss. I would loose my mind if this happened to me. Many times men appear to be strong on the surface but are badly hurting on the inside. Some think it's a sign of weakness to reach out or just even talk to a friend. As humans many of us are good at bottling up everything inside.
Again I'm very very sorry for your loss.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!