true hypo looking burmese python - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Pythons

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
predetors
true hypo looking burmese python

13ft hypo looking burmese python female tame asking 1600.00 plus shipping which will be around 100.00 rare morph call 505 489-6230 no trades thanks e-mail me for pics to petespredetors@comcast.net payment plans accepted
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-04-2009, 01:35 AM   #2
predetors
bump................
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #3
VinnyButch
Hypo Burm

That's a great looking snake.

Is he het for Leucistic, or simply a very light (hypo) burm?

One other thing...why does the price keep going up?

Old 05-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
predetors
she is as far as i know a very light hypo burmand the price went up because originally it was a misprint and i had my partner change the price for me and when i check it again it was still not what i was asking so i changed it again i appologize for the changes
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-06-2009, 12:58 AM   #5
Classic Dum's
you got any pics of the eyes and sides that looks like a normal light colored burm in shed, can you provide better pics? were did it come from? het for lucy as far as you know? true hypos are 4-5kea i would tend to think youd know

Old 05-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #6
VinnyButch
Hypo

In the big picture, any animal that's obviously lighter in color than the norm can be described as being hypomelanistic. Obviously there are degrees of hypomelanism, and those degrees of difference are what makes one hypo "worth" 5k and another "worth" 1k.
Exactly like a painting. A guy who loves it and has the cash might pay millions, and another guy might think it's garbage and wouldn't give you a dime for it.
As the seller said (sort of), it's NOT from the hypo line that's het for leucistic. So what we have is a light burmese. Kinda pretty, I think. $1600??
That's for a buyer to determine.
Rotsa Ruck.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #7
Classic Dum's
Quote:
true hypo burmese python
this implies its from the genetic line. A truely honest dealer would label this a "hypo looking" burm not a "true hypo" people like to use these terms loosely to try and swindel unsespecting buyers, pretty snake no doubt but aplying hypo into the sales pitch is bull, bottom line any snake could be a poss het for whatever per definition, is it honest if you breed two normal snakes to sell those offspring as poss het albinos or just poss hets, well if your disshonest i guess thats tyhe way to go but an honest dealer doesnt have to miss use labels

Old 05-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #8
VinnyButch
Hypo

Jason, you're right about that "true hypo" bit. I never even noticed it, but it does imply that the snake comes from a known line of hypos.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:38 AM   #9
predetors
sorry everybody for lableing the snake with the wrong name
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-07-2009, 08:24 AM   #10
Classic Dum's
im curious what your excuse is for the price tag? $500 would be extremly high so what makes the value of this snake the highest ive ever seen now that weve determined its not a true hypo?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread