Competence and sex - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

View Poll Results: Do you think competence in men and women is sexy? (More than 1 answer OK)
Keep them barefoot and pregnant 4 6.56%
The ideal woman should be a kitten: soft, weak and playful 3 4.92%
The ideal woman is a tigress: strong, fierce, awesome 22 36.07%
Competence and sex are totally unrelated; witness famous politicians 10 16.39%
I do not care about personality, I take what I want regardless 3 4.92%
Powerful, aggressive men are VERY sexy 13 21.31%
Competence and competition can be different; be the best you can be 14 22.95%
Men have always been helpless, women let them think that they are otherwise 9 14.75%
I love and admire competent women 16 26.23%
It is sexy when either gender excels; it indicates self respect and ability 39 63.93%
A total lack of competence in anything is a negative trait 17 27.87%
Duh, could you like, repeat the question? 3 4.92%
I would never have sex with a useless wimp of either gender 21 34.43%
I wandered into this poll by accident, which way to the exit? 5 8.20%
Other, describe below 3 4.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2005, 09:14 PM   #31
handsomeRob
if a woman wanted to be with me just because she wanted to have some kids and be a mother, i would feel used.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:20 PM   #32
kiote9
Rob, if some chick wanted you for a breeder/provider you would feel justified in feeling used IMO.

I wish you lived closer to me cause I would really like to sit and talk to you in person. I bet you have a lot of opinions and thoughts and would be a great conversationalist.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:28 PM   #33
handsomeRob
ive given you my number many times. and i wish i lived closer to you as well. cause then i wouldnt be here.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:15 PM   #34
RedQuake
Quote:
Originally Posted by handsomeRob
if a woman wanted to be with me just because she wanted to have some kids and be a mother, i would feel used.
WOW! i never thought it would come across like that and it was by no means my intention. The fact is i have to make known what my goals are because alot of men i know and was interested in dating had no interest in kids. Frankly i don't want to waist anymore time dating pple that don't have the same wants/desires as myself. I also do not wish to have a man provide for me. I am more than capable of taking care of myself and don't NEED a man around to tend to the bills. I can handle that stuff on my own, perhaps even a mortgage once my car loan is paid down. I am and always will be a very independent woman, one who is still working out the kinks, and will not be controlled by anyone. I've had enough of that. What i want is to find a man who can love me for who and what i am, treat me with respect, share the same interests as myself, be a friend and lover. A life partner. Someone to come home to and be able to share my day with. Its about not being alone. Although i do look forward to moving out of here into my own house and being able to come home to just the animals for a while. I live with 4 other pple right now and theres no such thing as *quiet*, plus NO privacy. I don't just want to have a man around to be the father to the kids......heck, i've already decided that i'd be Ok with being a single mom.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:27 PM   #35
kiote9
Quote:
Originally Posted by handsomeRob
ive given you my number many times. and i wish i lived closer to you as well. cause then i wouldnt be here.
I know. I am not good with the phone. I can write very easily, but have a hard time expressing myself verbally. It's so much easier in writing or in person.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:31 PM   #36
RedQuake
[quote=kiote9]Oh Lianne, the things you can learn to make life better....
Be yourself above all. Don't compromise for fear of losing. You CAN call the shots and you'll get more respect and better results. I can do the doormat thing with the best of them, till I get to the point where I have to come first or die. The depression isn't worth it. We are all better than that.
QUOTE]

Thanks I do know that i can call the shots, i just don't do it all the time and i should. Your right, depression isn't worth it. This last incident did show me one good thing however. I used to drink alot......i mean alot. I would drink until i couldnt' feel anymore. I also used to do alot of other stupid things when i got down, coping methods, unhealthy ones yes, but it kept me going. This time, i didnt' get lost in the bottom of a bottle. Instead i just grabbed my camera and spent most evenings out taking pics, good ones too All the crap i've gone through has only made me a stronger person. I don't have baggage by the way LOL, i have a past, which has been used to help others. As Baz Luhrumann put it "Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth."

Old 07-29-2005, 09:58 AM   #37
kiote9
Do you know Deteriorata?

Old 07-29-2005, 10:07 AM   #38
kiote9
Go placidly amid the noise & waste, & remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof. Avoid quiet & passive persons unless you are in need of sleep. Rotate your tires. Speak glowingly of those greater than yourself and heed well their advice even though they be turkeys; know what to kiss and when. Consider that two wrongs never make a right but that three do. Wherever possible, put people on hold. Be comforted that in the face of all aridity & disillusionment and despite the changing fortunes of time, there will always be a big future in computer maintenance. Remember the Pueblo. Strive at all times to bend, fold, spindle, & mutilate. Know yourself; if you need help, call the FBI. Exercise caution in your daily affairs, especially with those persons closest to you. That lemon on your left, for instance. Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet. Fall not in love therefore; it will stick to your face. Gracefully surrender the things of youth, birds, clean air, tuna, Taiwan; and let not the sands of time get in your lunch. Hire people with hooks. For a good time, call 606-4311; ask for Ken. Take heart amid the deepening gloom that your dog is finally getting enough cheese; and reflect that whatever misfortune may be your lot, it could only be worse in Milwaukee. You are a fluke of the universe; you have no right to be here, and whether you can hear it or not, the universe is laughing behind your back. Therefore make peace with your God whatever you conceive Him to be: Hairy Thunderer or Cosmic Muffin. With all its hopes, dreams, promises & urban renewal, the world continues to deteriorate. Give up.

When I read that quote the first thing that popped into my mind was "you are a fluke of the universe". It's the same type of thing IMO. I love the sunscreen song!

Old 07-29-2005, 10:50 AM   #39
RedQuake
I like that one too. Puts things into perspective a bit. If we each are just a fluke of the universe theres little point in believing in fate. Everything that happens is based on chance. Not that i mind that. Actually, having and finding out what my purpose in life is has only caused me stress lol. Wondering if i'll ever know for sure. Being a fluke whatever i do is a bonus. If i make an impression on the world so be it, if not thats alright too. Then again i shouldn't have such great expectations for grand results. Each day i impact someone be it online in chat, or out in the real world. We can all influence others, like a butterfly in one part of the world causing a hurricane in another lol. Maybe i've taken that to far but thats Ok lol

I do luv the sunscreen song, i have the lyrics, think i'll print them out and frame it

Old 07-29-2005, 11:01 AM   #40
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiote9
For a good time, call 606-4311; ask for Ken.... Hairy Thunderer or Cosmic Muffin.
I called the number right away and Ken did not answer....
I want a Cosmic Muffin..........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!