Adenovirus Document from University of Florida - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2007, 11:24 PM   #20
Mad4You2
AV symptoms

I'm sorry to hear about your babies. I'm struggling with the same situation. The vet told me not to freeze the body but to refrigerate. I took my female the next morning and they used some solution to fix the body and send it to the lab at Texas A&M. Etouffee tested negative for AV. All of her eggs have gone bad.

Elvira layed at the same time and I had 1 egg out of almost 30 begin hatching Saturday evening. Today the head is exposed and some toes but the baby hasn't moved at all that I have seen up until now and I believe it is dead. I put it in a dish in the incubator on a wet paper towel to see if it moves at all during the night - most of it is still in the shell. I haven't tested the mother of this baby.

I did spend over $200 on Etouffee's necropsy so what your vet said is in line with what I paid. A&M did advanced slide studies of internal organs under electron microscope to rule out AV.

There is a posting under infectious diseases on beardeddragon.org where people list symptoms they have experienced with AV in their BDs. I'm putting the link but I don't know if it will go through to post or not.
http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/v...ic.php?t=46390

I hope some of that information helps you and I'm very sorry about your babies. Angie