CJHerps - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-30-2004, 04:08 PM   #1
acarrell
CJHerps

anyone here dealt with Chris from CJHerps ? ive got a female african house snake on the way from him. Just curious to see if anyone has purchased reptiles from him....seems like a nice enough guy

anyway, i guess i'll post my findings as soon as the snake arrives !

Andy Carrell

Old 06-30-2004, 10:33 PM   #2
LOSTNCONFUSED
if your talking about chris jones from alabama i would stay away from him i purchased what was supposed to be a female chondro from him in dec. the animal arrived in tip top shape but was a male when i made him aware of this he said to ship it back and he would give me a full refund so i did needless to say i never recieved a refund or a replacement he flat out told me he spent my money and tough needless to say i reported him to his local athorities and the post office post master general i have not heard squat since if your cj herps is the same cj herps i dealt with in alabama steer clear
john peraza

Old 07-02-2004, 06:39 PM   #3
acarrell
ok....i'll list the good and bad from this deal, now that its complete....

the good...

spectacular looking snake
great deal
fast shipping, and shipped when he said it would
nice communication

the bad...

well...the packing was "suspect"...no air holes in the box, though he included a "cool pack" and snake was well bagged...

overall, would i buy from him again? probably, though id specify delta dash and a bit better packing...overall im quite satisfied.

andy carrell

Old 07-02-2004, 07:17 PM   #4
dwedeking
Curious what type of box he used? If it was a standard "reptile" insulated box with the panels that line the inside of the box rather than a medical type insulated box which is air tight I don't see an issue with no holes. I never put holes as those boxes are not air tight and the additional holes would defeat the purpose of insulation. From your description sounds like he shipped by industry standards.

Old 07-02-2004, 07:37 PM   #5
acarrell
Quote:
Originally posted by dwedeking
Curious what type of box he used? If it was a standard "reptile" insulated box with the panels that line the inside of the box rather than a medical type insulated box which is air tight I don't see an issue with no holes. I never put holes as those boxes are not air tight and the additional holes would defeat the purpose of insulation. From your description sounds like he shipped by industry standards.

standard box with styro inside...it wasnt a big concern, just thought id mention it...the snake was a bit "sluggish" at first, but that was likely due to the cool pack...

like i mentioned, overall im quite happy, and recommend him !

andy carrell

Old 07-02-2004, 09:10 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
Andy,

Are you and John talking about the same person/company?

Thanks.

Old 07-02-2004, 11:52 PM   #7
acarrell
...evidently not...this Chris is from Arizona (fedex tracking # verifies that it originated in Arizona)...

...nice guy, great snake (adult female house snake....now ive gotta find a male!), quick shipping (it was in my hands a couple days after i paypal'd him)....good transaction....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!