New Mobile-Friendly Ball Python Morph Calculator - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-12-2015, 07:16 PM   #1
jplehmann
New Mobile-Friendly Ball Python Morph Calculator

Hey friends, I wanted to share a new mobile-friendly ball python morph calculator that I just released.

First, why would I create a NEW morph calculator when a few others already exist?

1. This one is mobile friendly. I could stop here.
2. If you're at a keyboard it's super-fast to directly type in the two parents.
3. Is accurate. For example, properly handles gene complexes (lesser mojave x normal).
4. Produces "possible het outcomes" which is concise and more useful in the real world.
5. Offspring stats are in an interactive re-sortable table.
6. New "advanced" stats are available that you can see for yourself.

A fun example: Mojave Lesser het Pied x Double Het Albino Pied

I want to give credit and thanks to Matt "OWAL" (of the other popular calculator) for providing feedback and contributing his site's gene data. What a team player!

Thanks for checking it out and let me know what you think!

John

Old 10-14-2015, 09:57 PM   #2
Dbz4246
Holy crap john, I like it! Really like how it gets the complexes right too! Well done! Any chance of this being an app?

Old 10-15-2015, 06:33 AM   #3
jplehmann
@Dbz4246, appreciate that! Yes it does account for gene complexes (there is a related bug right now but I will be fixing it soon).

As far as an app, probably not because developing custom software for Android and iPhone separately is extremely expensive. BUT the whole site is responsive which means designed to look good on every device - mobile, tablet, desktop, both Android and iPhone. An app would only be better by being a little faster and working offline.

Thanks for taking a look.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ball python, ball python breeding, genetics, morph combo, morphs