Are you a LURKER? - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Why I don't post on Fauna
I'm new to reptiles & don't want to look stupid 37 15.95%
I don't have time to post on forums - you guys need to get a life 7 3.02%
You people are mean, rude, or just generally not nice 25 10.78%
I posted once, but got ignored 19 8.19%
Everytime I think of something to say, somebody beats me to it 36 15.52%
I know more about reptiles than any of you people 13 5.60%
I want to post, but can't figure out how 3 1.29%
I only browse forums when I am bored & need entertainment 36 15.52%
I don't know how to post pics 4 1.72%
All my reptiles keep dying, and I don't want anyone to know 1 0.43%
Other 86 37.07%
What are you talking about? I post all the time 34 14.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2008, 09:43 AM   #61
nixer
i post sometimes, but since i was harassed via pm it really turned my whole attitude.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:47 PM   #62
Serafim
Man I really need to look at the threads more lol. Ill admit I just skim most times. Anyways I search alot and my question gets answered. When I can't find it I generally just call a more experienced herper like Bry and Lolo they have yet to steer me wrong lol. Thanks for listening

Old 01-05-2009, 12:44 AM   #63
creatism123
i just joined mainly i use the boi when i am planning to buy from someone that i don't already know. and then i just search the forums if i have a question. and it gets answered.

i love the beginner questions makes me think the practicle stuff i have learned in 10+ yrs of doing this is not for not and actually has some use

Old 01-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #64
Lucas339
i got negavite karma for posting an opinion so im a lurker/boi'er. i sometimes post but thats about it.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:08 PM   #65
xanaxez
i post here and there when i am on here but i love carpet pythons and not many threads or sales of them on here these days. mostly ball pythons and boas on here these days in threads and such and i'm not into either of them.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:02 PM   #66
dragonmwt
The reason that I have not been posting much is I am still fairly new on here. I have talked about the ban that the idiots (sorry I mean our responsible and highly caring politicians) are trying to get through. I will fight this as hard as I can. I have written e-mail, letters and made calls. I even got the guys at work to sigh letters. Anyway that is not for this forum but I will post when I come up with something. I look forward to talking to most of you and getting advice. I have been working with large snakes for 12 years or so but new to retics. Mostly just Redtails and Burmese Pythons. Thanks for everyones time and talk later.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #67
Crazy4Herps
I'm new here, but I'm not new to the hobby and have been a member of many other forums for a long time.

I answer all the questions that I can; even if I only have a small bit of input. I don't really care if it makes me look stupid or unknowledgable. If it means helping another herper in need, even in a small way, I am willing. When I am worried about my reptiles and have a question, I appreciate all the help I can get.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #68
AbsoluteApril
I'm kind of a converted lurker, does that count?
I've been here since the 'old' BOI and for years only visited fauna to buy/sell on the classifieds, research and (just have fun reading crazy threads) on the BOI. Late last year I started to post in the other forums, I've got two or three other sites that I post on semi-regularly, it's a balancing act deciding which forum to post on when I only have limited time (no internet at home, which will be fixed soon!). I am a pic junkie and love to post pics and see pics and some sites seem to have more of that on a regular basis but I do see a lot of good discussions (and pics!) here which has gotten me posting. There's a 'fun' atmosphere here and also a 'group' dynamic that is interesting. I'll admit to being a little hesitant to start posting due to some of that same 'group' dynamic but figured if I'm not a "bad guy", why worry?

Old 06-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #69
JordanAng420
Well, I have to be honest here.
I am very much a lurker, and I usually use this website for information that has previously been posted and to browse the classified section. There have been a few times i've considered cancelling my membership here... From the responses i've received and seen from others, it seems to me as if there is a select group of "popular" members who can say anything they want, however they want, whenever they want, to whoever they want...I don't feel comfortable posting my opinions or answering questions I know the answer to because a.) I don't want to be verbally assaulted and b.) even if I did post, my response would be worth a big, stinky pile of dung because i'm not one of those "popular" members. So normally I just stay quiet. Except for right now I guess; and I can imagine I will regret even posting this.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:24 PM   #70
Tiger Lilly
On the contrary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanAng420 View Post
Well, I have to be honest here.
I am very much a lurker, and I usually use this website for information that has previously been posted and to browse the classified section. There have been a few times i've considered cancelling my membership here... From the responses i've received and seen from others, it seems to me as if there is a select group of "popular" members who can say anything they want, however they want, whenever they want, to whoever they want...I don't feel comfortable posting my opinions or answering questions I know the answer to because a.) I don't want to be verbally assaulted and b.) even if I did post, my response would be worth a big, stinky pile of dung because i'm not one of those "popular" members. So normally I just stay quiet. Except for right now I guess; and I can imagine I will regret even posting this.
Don't ever regret anything you say as long as you say it from the very depths of your being.
I've seen some of your posts and I don't feel that you would have anything to worry about...you don't seem to be a scammer & you sound intelligent enough. Sometimes a) you need to be strong-willed & thick-skinned; b) you need to be very vocal--it's ok & somewhat therapeutic to have differing opinions; c) you need to consider the source...sometimes it's not the 'popular' people being butt-heads!
Participate more, don't worry about other people coming back at you (you can put people on ignore so you never have to read anything they say!), get to know more people around the forums, and most important...
DON'T CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!