ANY Idea what this is? (a little graphic) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #11
rosebud945
I am with others about seeing a vet. Do you have a good herp vet that you can take her to?

Old 07-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #12
KORBIN5895
I really hope the breeder mans up as there is something deeply wrong with that snake.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:40 AM   #13
cguarino30
unfortunately, I do not have any herp vets near me. Right now, I think the best thing I can do for her is to avoid any stress, as that seems to be the problem, so mostly I am just trying to leave her alone. She ate another pinky this weekend, so here's hoping she can keep this one down.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:42 AM   #14
cguarino30
I have had a few people sending me pms asking for the identity of the breeder, so I wanted to post my answer here to anyone interested:

At this time, I am currently discussing options with the breeder regarding refund/replacement, and I don't think it would be prudent to post his/her name on this board or send it via pm while that is going on.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #15
Snake-Queen
In addition to leaving her alone, I would raise her temp by 2 degrees. ( not sure what temps bulls are normally kept at, but a raise in temp could help) I would also make sure she is hydrated.

On a side note, if the breeder doesn't come through with a resolution that satisfies you, I would post this and all email communication on the BOI. There is something wrong with her that didn't happen over night (read - in the short time she has been in your possession). Of course, if he does, you can post a goodguy thread saying he is a standup guy & will take care of issues if they arise.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:08 AM   #16
hadenglock
It looks to be neurological, this is a syndrome though i forget what its called it has to do with kinks in the spine. Take it to a vet asap

Old 07-31-2012, 10:14 AM   #17
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by cguarino30 View Post
I have had a few people sending me pms asking for the identity of the breeder, so I wanted to post my answer here to anyone interested:

At this time, I am currently discussing options with the breeder regarding refund/replacement, and I don't think it would be prudent to post his/her name on this board or send it via pm while that is going on.
In this situation, posting the breeders name (in this thread) would also violate site policy; and most of the people asking probably know that.
You could send it by PM; but, you are making the right choice by giving him a chance to address the situation.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #18
cguarino30
Just wanted to update everyone on a few points.

She kept down her meal from last week, I will be feeding her again on Friday, hopefully that will go well, too.

She still shows the same behavior and will crinkle up when handled or stressed. In addition, when she is not stressed, the minor kinks in the spine do not appear to be going away even though they are faint.

The breeder is still not contacting me, though I was given a personal reason as to why not. Not sure if it's BS or legit, but I'm trying to do the right thing and give the breeder time with their personal issues.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #19
rosebud945
Chris, I still think you need to take her to a vet. Now that she has processed a meal, then a trip to a vet clinic would not be as risky. A good reptile vet can do blood work to rule out fixable things like infections that can sometimes cause neurological issues, do xrays that could show injuries or metabolic issues, and either find or rule out the presence of viral infections, which could put your other animals at risk. Can you work out something with the breeder to accommodate a vet visit? As for herp vets, there is a list compiled by Melissa Kaplan that is broken down by state. I bet we could find a herp vet within a reasonable distance from you.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #20
cguarino30
I am considering a vet visit, but I think everything is pointing to a congenital defect, so there wouldn't be anything a vet could do, and the visit would just put more stress on the snake.

If this were some sort of infection, 1) it would be too late for quarantine because the snake was shipped in the same container as her brother and 2) I would see some sort of progression, either better or worse, which I am not seeing. The condition is staying exactly the same. In addition, her brother, who was shipped in the same container as her, and resides in the tub next to hers (they are alone in the rack as I quarantine all new arrivals) and who has been subjected to exactly the same conditions as she has shows no signs of this condition whatsoever, so I highly doubt it is any sort of infection.

I am all for vet visits, but I have to use my judgement here, and I think the visit would cause more harm than good. It would cause undue stress to the snake, would cost a considerable sum out of pocket, and in all likelihood would serve no function other than to possibly provide non-definitive evidence that the breeder is at fault, which I'm not willing to stress the snake out to do.

That being said, I will contact the breeder to see if we can work something out, but seeing as how he is not returning my emails regarding refund/replacement, I doubt he is going to be willing to help me with a vet visit of $200+.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!