Sanctions to dissuade toxic users? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-08-2015, 03:09 AM   #21
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Does it really matter who started it, when it was started, why it was started, or whether any one of the people engaging in unpleasant behavior were doing so with self perceived "good intentions"?
If it's the same person starting things with multiple people at every given opportunity for apparently no reason at all, I would argue that yes, it really does matter.

When one person is making personal attacks on anyone who happens to comment on a thread, I would say it's pretty obvious who started it and that they have no reason to do so other than to cause trouble.

By the way April, don't let Harald goad you into giving people infractions. It's not that I don't take you seriously (I do), it's that I feel you are the one mod who can read the thread for herself and decide if someone deserves an infraction or not. Harald pushed your buttons to give me an infraction, why, I don't know.

Just like how Rich said he doesn't care what people post on each other's message boards and then Harald bans me for it. Like I said, I'm over it. My nonsense threshold has been exceeded, I'd ask for an explanation but there isn't one.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:34 AM   #22
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
if I have to take a month ban to put a stop to another member being completely out of line so be it.
You do not have to use infractable behavior to do that,you can always use the report icon.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:55 AM   #23
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
You do not have to use infractable behavior to do that,you can always use the report icon.
That was what April told me to do in a pm, so I started reporting posts where he was calling people names and trolling and got an infraction from Rich for abusing the report function (although everything I reported was valid). I did what April said and got infractions from rich, did what rich said and got banned by harald, and at the end of the day I'm still not sure why any of it was necessary when the person causing all of the problems should have been gone in the first place.

Again, nonsense. Too ridiculous for me to care about it.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:23 AM   #24
Lucille
Quote:
That was what April told me to do in a pm, so I started reporting posts where he was calling people names and trolling and got an infraction from Rich for abusing the report function (although everything I reported was valid). I did what April said and got infractions from rich, did what rich said and got banned by harald, and at the end of the day I'm still not sure why any of it was necessary when the person causing all of the problems should have been gone in the first place.

If you report once, that is enough. Once you make a report, all the mods are aware and they watch the situation. Continuing to report every little thing isn't necessary.
I sent a pm to you just before you were banned explaining that everyone in the thread you had been responding to had been warned to stay on topic and that if you persisted, I knew you would be banned. Unfortunately, you took the bait from someone posting off topic and responded, and you were banned.
I suggest you take some personal responsibility, and if you plan to hang out on this site just follow the rules.
I've had my share of infractions, was banned once. I'm not whining about all of that, it was my behavior, that I had control of, that got me those consequences. So I just did better.
So stop whining, move on and do better. This is a great site, and you know that.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:36 AM   #25
hhmoore
Nick, I'm not sure how you figure I goaded April into giving you an infraction - if I think you need one, I'll do it myself.
As far as your recent ban, that was prompted by your own behavior...and, had I used the infraction system, you wouldn't be here whining about it.

On the subject of reporting posts - we ordinarily appreciate members reporting posts that violate rules; but there are several ways that feature can be misused. Some people report posts that don't violate rules, simply because they don't like the content (BOI posts about them, and visitor messages). Some people over use the feature, inundating us with reports - a reported post generates two emails to each moderator, so you can imagine how we feel when somebody reports 15 posts. Of course, when the person doing the reporting is actively engaging somebody and reporting all of the replies, it's similar to a child hitting a sibling and running/crying to the parents after being hit back.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:14 AM   #26
hhmoore
Quote:
By the way April, don't let Harald goad you into giving people infractions. It's not that I don't take you seriously (I do), it's that I feel you are the one mod who can read the thread for herself and decide if someone deserves an infraction or not. Harald pushed your buttons to give me an infraction, why, I don't know.
So, do you think she can decide for herself if something deserves an infraction, or not? None of us live on this site...we all have real world lives, and - even right smack in the middle of problematic situations here - we wander off to deal with our own stuff. I'm not sure exactly what you are referencing; but I suspect that if April gave you an infraction after I posted a comment, it was because she was offline for a while & addressed your post when she returned.

Quote:
Just like how Rich said he doesn't care what people post on each other's message boards and then Harald bans me for it. Like I said, I'm over it. My nonsense threshold has been exceeded, I'd ask for an explanation but there isn't one.
Quite simply, Nick, you were banned because you were being part of the problem. Without going back to look up details, you were disruptive in the thread (Lucille stated above that she knew you would be banned), you were flooding our inboxes with post reports, and you were engaging in a VM battle. That VM battle was why I removed both of you...but, make no mistake about this, you were on your way out, anyway. The VM issue was what did it for me because that's where I happened to be looking when I decided to end the problem by removing both participants. If had not taken that action, I'm fairly confident that you would only have lasted a short time longer because of your antics in the thread.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:23 AM   #27
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Karma seems to have been used very effectively on one little troll whose extensive array of green chicklets seem to have just turned an ominous red.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occidentalis View Post
Is that a result of a moderator action, or directly from users. Intuitively, you'd think the green boxes would reduce in number, to zero, then start up again as red. But I have no idea how it actually works.
It takes a lot for somebody with a full load of green boxes to become fully red...and, while it could be managed by the membership (with time and effort), it is generally due to Rich dropping a karma bomb.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:45 AM   #28
WebSlave
Quote:
Rich was actually the one who said it. I can post the pm if you want, but I was told that it's not his job to babysit and if someone wants to call me a child molester that it's not his problem and I should deal with it (might be a little off on the wording, this was over a month ago). Shortly after this I was banned.

One WOULD highly doubt that, wouldn't they? Yet it happened. Again, I can post the message, but I really don't want to make this topic about me. We all know who this thread is about.

Not sure how any of my ban time was deserved, but if I have to take a month ban to put a stop to another member being completely out of line so be it. You can ban me for life if it means he'll be gone too, people like him make everyone hate the hobby. If you're going to let people like him act that way and not do anything I don't want to be a part of this site anyway.

I see that something was finally done, but that doesn't change the fact that I was punished for standing up to him and finally getting something to happen. Whatever the case, it was a small price to pay. I just don't look at this site like I used to and probably never will again. Drop in the bucket, eh?
Quote:
If it's the same person starting things with multiple people at every given opportunity for apparently no reason at all, I would argue that yes, it really does matter.

When one person is making personal attacks on anyone who happens to comment on a thread, I would say it's pretty obvious who started it and that they have no reason to do so other than to cause trouble.

Quote:

OK, since you brought this up and are apparently obsessed with it, let's look at the facts. Here are the reported posts and visitor messages that you bombarded us with between 08-29-2015 12:12 AM and 08-29-2015, 01:20 AM:

Quote:
08-29-2015 12:12 AM
MCMB-2 has reported a visitor message.

Reason:
Quote:
Now he's posting messages on my visitor board trying to start stuff? He's making this site into a joke.
Profile: MCMB-2
Assigned Moderators: Dennis Hultman, hhmoore, TheFragginDragon, AbsoluteApril, WebSlave, Robert Walker

Posted by: Amelanistic Orca
Original Content:
Quote:
What will all be over soon? Bro... Don't kill yourself! We are friends now!
Quote:
08-29-2015, 12:24 AM
MCMB-2 has also reported a post.

Reason:
Quote:
Second meme image in this thread by Tom
Forum: Board of Inquiry®
Assigned Moderators: WebSlave, AbsoluteApril, Dennis Hultman, hhmoore, TheFragginDragon

Posted by: Tom Pecanic
Original Content:
Quote:
Here's where I am at Kris... Here's your GIFT!

My girl needs me.

And I'm done here!
Quote:
08-29-2015, 12:33 AM
MCMB-2 has reported a post.

Reason:
Quote:
He's just trying to start a fight. No other purpose to this post.
Assigned Moderators: WebSlave, AbsoluteApril, Dennis Hultman, hhmoore, TheFragginDragon

Original Content:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris reiners View Post
He's going through my face book timeline and posting pictures. Have no proof about Patrick he deleted his face book last conversation we had was on may 9th, wanting my 2 short tails. First time im hearing about the rainbow had Ir too. He sold that a week later.

Oh... Hey Kris! Can you post in AZ BP Breeders Group? Because I can, you... can't bro! That sucks! I missed some of lunacy.

You earned a nice, tight spot next to best of them bro! You were awesome at excuses though. Good luck in the future.
Quote:
08-29-2015, 12:34 AM

Reason:
Quote:
Now he's making personal attacks?

Original Content:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris reiners View Post
No excuses was the truth. Have fun in the group!
Honestly... I can't sleep, I think of that last tub shot I posted, and wonder to myself. How does this dude keep his underwear?
Quote:
08-29-2015, 12:36 AM

Reason:
Quote:
Attacking other members and moving off topic yet again.

Original Content:
Quote:
Says two NKOTB!

Buy from him you two!
Quote:
08-29-2015, 12:37 AM

Reason:
Quote:
Now he's antagonizing ANOTHER member.

Original Content:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
What is nkotb? Making up your own short hand now?

And I will buy from whoever I want and do my research on the person before hand. I went threw all of his pictures and did not find that photo, so where did you pull that from Tom? When was it posted? What was the explication behind it?

You are nothing but a hot headed troll. It's disgusting how you treat people who don't agree with you or anger you. That's all this thread is about. You got mad so want to blacken his name, which is obviously working the other way around. Now everyone who searches this boi for your name, this thread will pop up and they can see exactly how you act and talk to people.
How many snakes have died in this thread alone? After, being in Kris' care. Within a year of a sale, to be precise. You are popular on Facebook by the way, do you know what for?
Quote:
08-29-2015, 12:40 AM

Reason:
Quote:
He didn't get a response so now he's continuing to post on my message board trying to antagonize me. Why is he still on this site?
Assigned Moderators: Dennis Hultman, hhmoore, TheFragginDragon, AbsoluteApril, WebSlave, Robert Walker

Original Content:
Quote:
Bro... You aren't suicidal, are you?
Quote:
08-29-2015, 12:56 AM

Reason:
Quote:
More antagonistic comments. In case it wasn't obvious, Barry Neub is Tom Pecanic.

Original Content:
Quote:
Oh no! I'm sorry Elexis. I'm gonna ask him to stop doing that. That's sad! I love McDonald's too!
Quote:
08-29-2015, 12:58 AM

Reason:
Quote:
Name calling and off topic.

Original Content:
Quote:
How many noobs does it take, to save another noob?

In the process... How many snakes will die?
Quote:
08-29-2015, 12:58 AM

Reason:
Quote:
Name calling again.

Original Content:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
You sound like a broken record. Every time your asked for proof you say the same thing. I'm guessing you have absolutely no clue how dumb you sound. I don't know a single thing about snakes and never plan on keeping them but that's not what this is about. You made accusations and posted NO proof at all. Either post proof or admit you were trying to be an Internet bully because someone pissed you off and you wanted to get them back. Every time you post and it doesn't include the proof you've been asked for you look more like a liar trying to dig your way out of a huge hole with a teaspoon.
You have zero clue what you speak of... What proof of you want? What does a first/second season Rook need to be satisfied here?

Buy a snake from him! Go for it! I never said not to.

This is an information post... I POSTED SOME INFORMATION NOOB, do whatever you noobs want with it! Otay! Bye!
Quote:
08-29-2015, 12:59 AM

Reason:
Quote:
Completely off topic and trying to start a fight. AGAIN.

Original Content:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
No, you posted this to get around making a bad guy post without proof, a sad attempt at that. Then you send your minions to troll people's pages and harass them, you bring someone's past crimes up? Shall we bring yours up? You seem to have a history of being a bully and what someone just sent me shows you are physically violent as well.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/az-court-...s/1447951.html

So go ahead and keep deflecting and blatantly denying proof and calling people noobs because we aren't falling for your crap. You are up to your eyebrows in it now. Go crawl back under your rock.
Those two about killed a friend of mine... In a split second, Sweetheart! I'd do it again! Check out how much cash they got?

Probably one of the more impressive purses for a nonprofessional, non sanction fight in the streets, wouldn't you say? ELEXIS, they didn't get paid enough! I can say that today!

There's soooo many more of those! Keep digging!
Quote:
08-29-2015, 01:09 AM

Reason:
Quote:
Making sexual comments now. Extremely inappropriate.

Original Content:
Quote:
Nah. You wanna act dumb... Let's get dumb behind he scenes. Don't do it in public bro. You got us both lookin as tarded as your collection. Omg I laff! So, when you got your ass kicked in that intake photo, what was it for? Sexual exploitation of a minor?
Quote:
08-29-2015, 01:14 AM

Reason:
Quote:
Completely off topic/spam

Original Content:
Quote:
At Starbucks... What's everybody's favorite drink? Have a good night e'rebody!
Quote:
08-29-2015, 01:20 AM

Reason:
Quote:
This is beyond unacceptable.

Original Content:
Quote:
I hope you all have as much fun reading through them as myself and the staff did.

So yes, that, in my opinion, was abuse, and therefor triggered my own infraction towards Nick with the ensuing conversation via private message:

08-29-2015, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Dear MCMB-2,

You have received an infraction at FaunaClassifieds.

Reason: Abusing the reporting function
-------
I warned you about abusing the reporting system. Going back to old posts and reporting them just because you are in a snit is certainly not going to get you anywhere. Well, except being banned, of course. But you know that now, don't you?
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it

expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1846796
Quote:

MCMB-2
has reported a post.

Reason:
Quote:
Completely off topic/spam
Assigned Moderators: WebSlave, AbsoluteApril, Dennis Hultman, hhmoore,

TheFragginDragon

Original Content:
Quote:
At Starbucks... What's everybody's favorite drink?

Have a good night e'rebody!
All the best,
FaunaClassifieds
================================================== ==

08-29-2015, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2
When did you ever warn me about using the report system?

Ever?

Did you even look at what he just posted on my wall??? He posted my mug
shot with a header that says "takes a lickin, keeps on molesting children".

That's ok with you? Because it's not ok with me.

Keep letting him pull his BS and see how seriously people take this site afterwards.
==========================================

08-29-2015, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2
When did you ever warn me about using the report system?

Ever?

Did you even look at what he just posted on my wall??? He posted my mug
shot with a header that says "takes a lickin, keeps on molesting children".

That's ok with you? Because it's not ok with me.

Keep letting him pull his BS and see how seriously people take this site
afterwards.
=========================================
08-29-2015, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
I posted the warning in the thread you are so worked up over. I'll presume you are telling me the truth and didn't read it. But you DO know it now.

I really don't give a crap about you and Tom and the spat you have between
yourselves. And no, I don't really give a crap about what people will post in
their own visitor's section. Can you or can you not delete messages there
yourself? It offends you? Delete it then. Why come whining to me? What am I supposed to be some sort of baby sitter for everyone who gets into a spat with another member here?

Tom has gotten his share of infractions. He and I have bumped heads PLENTY in the past, so he's certainly not on my preferred companion list. He is a hair's breadth from being banned again, and I told him that in no uncertain terms. As are you if you keep up the inane reports of old messages posted. I believe April mentioned to you about doing reports of posts, but she certainly didn't mean that you had carte blanche to flood my staff with your crap by going back to every old post you can scrape up. What did you think that was going to accomplish? Make myself and my staff think "Oh gee, what a conscientious fellow this guy Nick is by doing all that!"

If people want to act like asses on this site, that's supposed to be my fault
because I'm not their daddy and send them to their rooms with no dinner?

Quite frankly I just don't give a damn if you or anyone else takes this site
seriously. It works for some people, and good for them. Those that it doesn't, and they whine about it not being just perfect for them, well screw them. Go elsewhere or make your own damned site and see how it works out for you then.

Get a grip, fella. You've allowed someone else to push you into a position of
you getting yourself banned. Checkmate! If you want to be played like that,
then have at it. Who do you think is going to be laughing when they see that
you have been banned?

Rich Z.
So there you have the whole nine yards. I don't remember who it was that banned Nick after all this, but I don't think it matters as in my opinion he was heading in that direction regardless of who did the flushing when it finally happened. If anyone disagrees with this, then that is fine with me. There are a lot of things I don't care about and that would just be something else on that list.

There may be some syntax errors in this post as there are a LOT of quote/unquote tags that could have gotten screwed up. But I've got things to do, and will take another look at this later when I get back.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:30 PM   #29
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Quite simply, Nick, you were banned because you were being part of the problem.
To be clear, I received the same punishment as someone who was name calling, openly trolling, making personal attacks on anyone who posted on the thread, and basically creating a hostile environment for anyone who might have any information. Because I finally started dishing some back to him on the VM after I was told what happens on the VM is my own problem? I was told it was my problem so I took care of it myself and ended up banned.

Please don't try to justify this, it's beyond ridiculous. I already told you, there's a certain level of nonsense I can handle and I went way past it a month ago.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:37 PM   #30
AbsoluteApril
Nick, you seem very upset over your infractions. I get that, a lot of people don't like getting infractions or have reasons why they think their actions were justified or absolved them of following the rules. That is what I believe that recent Hell post linked above was about as well. However, please understand: it's nothing personal. Infractions are warnings that one's posts or actions are out of line in accordance with the rules and codes of conduct for participating on this site. Everyone is held to the same standards.

It's already been said multiple times in this thread alone but it bears repeating - if someone is acting inappropriately, report it and move on. (edit to add - and no, that doesn't mean report every single post that person is making, report it once, that alerts us and we will review.) Do not engage them. What's the point of doing so? Then both people deserve infractions. So be it. If you don't understand how responding in kind is making yourself part of the problem then I don't really know what to say or any other way to explain it.

Quote:
By the way April, don't let Harald goad you into giving people infractions.
You are sorely mistaken. I'm very capable of making my own decisions and choices. I was in no way influenced by anyone. I really don't appreciate that insinuation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!