Sanctions to dissuade toxic users? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:00 PM   #41
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
Please don't misunderstand Rich, I'm way past the point of being obsessed or caring.
Uh, yeah, SURE you are.....

Old 10-08-2015, 08:28 PM   #42
WebSlave
Quote:
I went past being upset a couple weeks ago. It had nothing to do with the fact that I received infractions, I've received them in the past (from you as a matter of fact) and almost always sent a pm shortly after apologizing and saying I was out of line. Notice I didn't do that this time?

I was upset because of how inconsistent the information I received from different mods were, and how every time I did what one moderator said I received infractions or a ban from another. After I realized that being upset isn't going to change anything I got over it. Just wanted to point it out since up until now only the mods and myself were aware of it.

All I did was stand up to Tom because everyone else was afraid to. Like I said, I would have taken a lifetime ban if it meant getting him one as well. What he was doing was out of line and somebody had to put a stop to it. Simple as that.
Just for the record, all of the mods here act independently of all the others. We don't hold conferences to try to decide if something is worthy of an infraction. Any moderator if free to make that decision on their own. Sometimes there might be a disagreement over such an action, and in some cases a moderator will rethink the issue and rescind the infraction. Heck, I've reconsidered my own actions many times and reversed my decisions. It happens with all of us. But no moderator is beholden to any others to clear their actions prior to engaging them. Just as none are required to agree with any other moderator about such actions.

And no, ALL you did was not just to stand up to Tom. What you did was to proceed to make yourself a pain in the butt to the moderators. You gave us TWO problem members that needed to be dealt with. YOU dealt the hand that you played.

And you had discussions with the mods all along? And they told you to take an inch and you interpreted that as you should take a mile? What makes you think they want to spend all their time discussing YOUR actions with you? I'm sure the mods are pretty much like me in that we wish we had nothing to do here concerning moderation. You think we LIKE spending our time dealing with problem people on this site? And we certainly do not need anyone thinking that because the moderation team is not acting in a manner consistent with, or as fast as they would like, that THEY should pick up the sword and try to slay that dragon they perceive threatening the community.

YOU raised a red flag to me by your continuous string of reported posts. That was excessive, by a LARGE margin. I really don't care that YOU think they were justified, I'm telling you that your actions were not. I think most reasonable people would understand that going back to find the last dozen or so posts from someone they are having a pissing contest with and reporting them like each report is going to be a nail in that person's coffin, is probably not a real wise idea. You went on all of the moderators' radar as an incoming hostile and it was only a matter of time before one of us banned you.

So you stood up to Tom thinking everyone was afraid of him? Maybe others were more cognizant of the fact that ignoring him was likely the better method of dealing with him. So the next time you want to take on someone, please use private messages or email and don't try to make a spectacle of yourself in public in that pursuit. That is the sort of thing that we HAVE to moderate around here.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:05 AM   #43
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Uh, yeah, SURE you are.....
I know you'd like to think that the world revolves around this site but I genuinely couldn't care less. I said I'm over it, you can choose to believe me or not.

I'm sure in your head, me getting a ban would make me sit and fester and either regret my actions or get mad and come back "foaming at the mouth" (I believe were your words), but all it did was make me apathetic. Like I said, the first couple days I honestly was mad, then I got over it and started focusing on selling snakes elsewhere.

How I look at this site changed. Maybe it will change back, who knows. Don't really care right now. Like I said, tell yourself whatever makes you feel better, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

I actually forgot when my ban was up, I started looking around for a caramel tiger jag carpet male and thought to look on here, otherwise I wouldn't have even known. I'm sure you'd like to think I marked it on my calendar and had an alert put on my phone, but I'm sorry to say that it just didn't even cross my mind (never found that male by the way).

Que sera, sera. Life goes on.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:11 AM   #44
Big Borg Reptiles
Sorry, meant a caramel tiger male, my females both have jag in them and some of the babies would be lethal. Seems like half a dozen people have caramel tiger jags but no one has what I want.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:49 AM   #45
WebSlave
Quote:
I know you'd like to think that the world revolves around this site but I genuinely couldn't care less. I said I'm over it, you can choose to believe me or not.

I'm sure in your head, me getting a ban would make me sit and fester and either regret my actions or get mad and come back "foaming at the mouth" (I believe were your words), but all it did was make me apathetic. Like I said, the first couple days I honestly was mad, then I got over it and started focusing on selling snakes elsewhere.

How I look at this site changed. Maybe it will change back, who knows. Don't really care right now. Like I said, tell yourself whatever makes you feel better, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

I actually forgot when my ban was up, I started looking around for a caramel tiger jag carpet male and thought to look on here, otherwise I wouldn't have even known. I'm sure you'd like to think I marked it on my calendar and had an alert put on my phone, but I'm sorry to say that it just didn't even cross my mind (never found that male by the way).

Que sera, sera. Life goes on.
Quite honestly, once someone is banned here, I never really give them a second thought. If they are not here, they are not my concern nor of any interest to me. Had you not come back, I never would have noticed and not lost a moment of sleep over it.

People who get banned have gotten themselves into that predicament because they proved to be acting in a manner that this site can happily do without. It's normally a temporary ban because it is hoped that the ban will encourage someone who wants to come back to change their mannerisms to be compatible with this site. If they don't and work themselves up to getting banned again, it can be made permanent. What the heck do I need troublemakers around here for? So to them I simply say "good riddance". And to those who do not come back after the temp ban expires, then the same sentiment applies. That means to me that they have decided to refuse to change their mannerisms, and under that circumstance my life will be just fine without them.

Nope I don't think the world revolves around this site, and really could not care less about such a thing. It's just a website. One of just zillions of others out there. I really don't care one bit what someone does when they get banned except I want them to stay gone from here while the ban is in effect. Other than that, nope, never gave you a single thought while you were banned. There is no truer adage here to me than "out of sight, out of mind."

BTW, for someone who is "over it" you sure do seem to be taking a lot of time here dwelling on this incident. Quite honestly, your tirade here does appear to me to have a bit of frothing at the mouth involved. Apparently you wanted this discussion to focus on you, and now that you have that, you seem all intent to try to convince everyone that you really don't care about this at all.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:00 AM   #46
LauraB
Quote:
... Like I said, I'm over it. My nonsense threshold has been exceeded, I'd ask for an explanation but there isn't one.
Quote:
Again, nonsense. Too ridiculous for me to care about it.
Quote:
... Please don't try to justify this, it's beyond ridiculous. I already told you, there's a certain level of nonsense I can handle and I went way past it a month ago.
Quote:
Please don't misunderstand Rich, I'm way past the point of being obsessed or caring.

Quote:
No, the world obviously should revolve around your multiple "I don't care" posts here in this thread which you made about you and your indignation at being banned for abuse of the regulations. Hell, I have an infraction that Rich gave me in 2014 that doesn't expire until 2016 (not counting the ones I've received over the years that have expired). You ever see me whining about it?

If you don't care and are "over it", then quit whining!

Old 10-09-2015, 05:01 AM   #47
LauraB
Sorry, Rich ... didn't know you had already posted.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:37 AM   #48
Big Borg Reptiles
Kept getting email notifications, that's the only reason I came back and responded. Unsubscribed now. You'll all be ok

Laura, last time you said I was whining it was about a thread where someone bred a female at about half the proper size and I ended up having to euthanize the babies. Posted a rant saying how stupid that person was. I think you need to look up the definition of whining lol, you don't seem to understand what it actually is (in case that's too much work for you, whining = complaining. Feel free to figure out where I'm complaining in any of those quotes )

Old 10-09-2015, 09:04 AM   #49
snowgyre
The professional victimization act does get tiring. Righteous indignation doesn't make anyone immune to the rules.

Also, you claimed that you were the only one who was "not afraid to stand up to Tom." There's a difference between the fear of retribution versus the wisdom of knowing when to let sleeping dogs lie. My guess is that the majority of folks perceived (correctly) the latter to be the proper course of action.

To borrow a quote from a movie:
Question: "Why do you like to irritate me so?"
Response: "Why do you rise to the occasion?"

Old 10-09-2015, 09:18 AM   #50
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Kept getting email notifications, that's the only reason I came back and responded. Unsubscribed now. You'll all be ok

All that is missing is the hashtag.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!