Outdoor pics of my juvie Crested - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-02-2005, 01:00 PM   #1
HerpAddict
Outdoor pics of my juvie Crested

Hi, I was outside on a beautiful day yesturday, and thought that I would snap a few pics of my crested that I named Harli. I don't really know his/her exact age, but Harli weighs about 13 grams now. I'm praying this is a girl, I'll just have to wait until it gains a few more grams, then I should know!

Enjoy!

This next pic shows where I can find Harli 95% of the time, sleeping in the space on top of the tub lip, and just squeezed under the edge of the lid. That's Harli's favorite spot! I think Harli is starting to get a bit big to squeeze there, but he/she will be graduating to a glass tank in a couple weeks!

Bottoms-UP!

Please be a girl!

Thanks for looking, I'll be grabbing more pics soon of my others!

Old 06-02-2005, 02:46 PM   #2
Manhattan Herps
awesome crestie and awesome pictures

judging by the size, i would definitely say female, if it were a male the hemipenis would be pretty pronounced

congrats!

Old 06-02-2005, 04:09 PM   #3
HerpAddict
I sure hope so!

If you're right Dan, then I'm going to be ecstatic!!!In fact, I might go a little loopy

I really like how this crested has a bunch of different features, all rolled into one, it's got some fire, some harly, some partial pinstripe, and even a couple dalmation spots to boot! She's a keeper for sure!

Thanks again!

Old 06-02-2005, 05:20 PM   #4
sircat
very pretty...I love the pattern...
at 13g way too early to say girl or not...some males drop quite late...I do want to try the magnification the Rhac book shows at some point though

Old 06-02-2005, 05:23 PM   #5
Mark and Aimee
I agree - at 13 grams it is too young to say for sure.

But looking at the size of the spurs... I'm already leaning towards male on that one.

Old 06-02-2005, 05:28 PM   #6
Manhattan Herps
my male was pretty sexable at 11 grams, there was a slight "bump" there, he's now 30 grams, you could probably see that he is a male from a mile away...

Old 06-02-2005, 05:57 PM   #7
HerpAddict
Either way, I will be happy! I'll let you know what it comes out to be!
Seems like there's a 50/50 split on the sex, or whether it can be sexed, so I guess I will just have to wait.

What is the highest weight that someone has had a male 'drop' at?

Thanks

Old 06-02-2005, 10:10 PM   #8
sircat
all mine that are definite adults now turned out female (4 of them) so can't help you there lol
not sure about the spur thing...I noticed the same thing, but it didn't seem true...I sold a red dal that at last minute looked like it would be male but stayed female lol...at least that's the better way

Old 06-02-2005, 10:34 PM   #9
HerpAddict
I had a look at my male and female, and I would say their spurs are the same size, just that his look more pronounced because he is a dark red, where as my female is yellow, so his contrast more against his body.

Darn waiting game, why does it take so long!?

Thanks again,

Old 06-02-2005, 10:37 PM   #10
HerpAddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by sircat
I do want to try the magnification the Rhac book shows at some point though
You just reminded me that I still haven't unpacked my book!! I've been missing it! Soon I'll get through these piles of boxes!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!