Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back - Page 22 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #211
weird_science04
If Andrew did a Paypal refund; how could this end up in a scam from the blackmailing parties? I personally would NOT send the OP another snake because I wouldn't want to deal with the OP on that level if I were Andrew but a refund is different. The OP can't come back and say that Andrew sent counterfeit money through Paypal. Not to mention, Andrew would have proof of the refund in his Paypal account.

Star

Old 04-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #212
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraman1
I still believe that the other two men are relevant to the whole picture though.
Possibly, for posterity's sake and from a philosophical standpoint, there may be some vague relevance. But, here in real-time, and, and directly on-topic, the seller is grasping at any excuse possible to justify his theivery. The unwelcome (according to the OP) intervention of his associates shouldn't even come into play when this is examined from root-level. Buyer paid, seller didn't provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys & Kritterz
If I was the buyer here, I for one would not be in a partnership with two other people, If Kevin's shady friends or "partners" would not have done what they did, Kevin would probably have his money or snake by now

Seeing as that's not how it ended up going down, we'll never know how true that is. I think some people are choosing to ignore the causality aspect of this, though. If the seller's admitted negligence didn't kill the snake, it's likely that this thread would not exist. Either way, what could have been, has taken a turn for the worse in becoming what actually IS. Not sure we should spend too much time on hypotheticals that didn't come to be. None of the peanut gallery's interactions change the fact that there is now a debt between the buyer and seller that is not being remedied.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #213
Willow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post

Seeing as that's not how it ended up going down, we'll never know how true that is. I think some people are choosing to ignore the causality aspect of this, though. If the seller's admitted negligence didn't kill the snake, it's likely that this thread would not exist. Either way, what could have been, has taken a turn for the worse in becoming what actually IS. Not sure we should spend too much time on hypotheticals that didn't come to be. None of the peanut gallery's interactions change the fact that there is now a debt between the buyer and seller that is not being remedied.
I couldn't agree more.

Once ALL emotion is completely removed from the situation, the only conclusion is a refund for the dead snake. Not a replacement, a simply refund.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #214
Willow
simple*

grrr

Old 04-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #215
Keys & Kritterz
Quote:
Originally Posted by weird_science04 View Post
If Andrew did a Paypal refund; how could this end up in a scam from the blackmailing parties? I personally would NOT send the OP another snake because I wouldn't want to deal with the OP on that level if I were Andrew but a refund is different. The OP can't come back and say that Andrew sent counterfeit money through Paypal. Not to mention, Andrew would have proof of the refund in his Paypal account.

Star
Its not a fact of them still trying to scam or actually having a scam to pull, its simply the fact that a guy, who is or was the op's partner trying to blackmail a 8K or 15K boa out of him after a 4.6K snake died in transit. With no way to prove it, and only have Kevins word that they are no longer partners. Id be reluctant aswell.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #216
Willow
Reluctance does not make it legally or morally acceptable to keep someones money that you have no right to keep.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #217
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpHobbiest View Post
I heard about this the day it happen...

Sean was under the impression that you intentionally send a dead snake to maybe pull an insurance claim... Was that the reason you wanted the dead snake?

It looks dead in the pictures!

Sean was pretty upset because his partner Kevin spent a considerable amount of money, and obviously had big plans for this Hytec, Parahet...

I must have missed the "Black Mail" email... Was Sean asking for a better Hytec, ParaHet and $10,000.00 for sending him a dead snake?

I think we all agree that evidence shows the Hytec, ParaHet was DOA... Regardless if the snake could maybe made it OK... The facts are that the snake was shipped with wrong shipping classification, delaying delivery... The fact that two heat packs were used when they were not needed... And, the fact is that the Hytec, ParaHet arrived dead...

If you have the money, you should refund the money...
If you have another male Hytec, ParaHet, that is of acceptable quality to Kevin... Send it to him properly shipped, and properly packed...
If you do not have a Male Hytec, ParaHet, that is of acceptable quality to Kevin... Send a more valuable animal that is acceptable to Kevin... Send it to him properly shipped, and properly packed...

The option to keep/steal Kevin's money, will comeback to bite you in the

Just the idea of keeping/stealing Kevin's money could seriously affect your positive rating... Right now, It does not make you look all that good.

I hope you can resolve this in a civilized manner... Good luck to you all!
Why on earth would you expect anyone to take you seriously given your history here? And how cute that you're sticking up for Sean... birds of a feather, I guess.

Yes, Kevin is OWED a refund (which is a different matter entirely from whether or not he DESERVES it), but trying to excuse the actions of Sean as just the ramblings of someone who's "pissed" or otherwise trying to provoke action is also inexcusable. I don't get to go on a shoplifting spree or fire a gun in the air in a residential neighborhood just because I'm "pissed", while we're excusing relatively minor crimes in the name of blowing off steam... sheesh.

And Robert Potts, if you continue to keep the man's money, there are now TWO dishonest parties in this situation. Be a man. Your continued insistence that is "possible the snake arrived alive" sounds like the desperate ramblings of a guy who knows he owes someone money that he's already spent. You shipping that snake wrong, and you outlined for us all very clearly exactly how and when you did it. There's no way the packaging for that snake would be considered "safe" or "appropriate" for the temps in EITHER location. You do NOT have the high ground here, and in fact, become a criminal yourself for keeping ill-gotten funds for delivery of an unsatisfactory product. You are NOT on higher ground by simply having "delivered a product", despite what the lady from MO is harping on.

Although, Mr. Potts, I do think you're fully justified in pressing charges on this Sean character should you feel compelled... extortion in the thousands of dollars rises to felony levels very quickly. You can have your day in court with him, and with my blessing. But you owe a refund in this case, and I think you know it. If you decide NOT to refund the money, then I recommend doing your best to avoid any mention of this situation reaching the inside of a courtroom, as the presiding DA might just as soon decide to recommend charges against you for fraudulent gain.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #218
Reptilecam
Does anyone know if Andrew has been keeping up with this thread? All this talk back and forth has only taken a couple hours.
Either way I agree with everyone that a refund is needed but I dont blame Andrew for being hesitant to do so. After what the opposing party attempted to do is just sad.
Its funny how both sean and conner made it so popular on fb and a couple other sites to come check out this thread. That was until it got bad and became public after the blackmail was announced.
I would like to here what they have to say since they all of a sudden kept so quiet.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #219
Reptilecam
Or since I know they wont show up on here how bout a bad guy thread on both of them? I just think they are being left out to easily.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #220
Constrictor Creations
My two cents:I think he sent you a dead snake in some type of insurance scam thing.. meaning you would get your snake plus he would get reimbursed for the dead snake he intentionally mailed you..Sorry this happened to you,and i hope it all works out. -Jason

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!