Tortoise set on fire and stomped to death - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #1
JColt
Tortoise set on fire and stomped to death

There was video out but most have been removed. If you find it I recommend not watching. I lived in OrangePark in late 70's to early 80's. It turns my stomach that they could do that to a baby tortoise. I hope they get maximum plus.

The graphic video shows two Orange Park girls burning a small gopher tortoise, then laughing and cursing as they throw it down the street.

Then as they scream in laughter and mock horror, a second video shows the tortoise crushed to death.

“His heart came out with a bunch of grass,” the girl with the camera says as she laughs, then kicks the corpse. “He’s dead. That’s funny.”...

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...Times-Union%29

Old 07-16-2014, 09:34 PM   #2
WebSlave
If Connie were to see that video, I sure wouldn't want to be either of those girls if they came face to face with my wife. I would have to intervene after a half hour or so, I suppose, to bandage Connie's raw knuckles.....

Old 07-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #3
Helenthereef
WHAT.......????????????

No, all things considered I'm very glad not to see the video (there was a VIDEO....?????)

I'm just appalled - and this is not doing any good for my generally low opinion of the human race....

Old 07-17-2014, 12:58 AM   #4
LauraB
That is just so sick and depraved. I can't even grasp the mentality of such an insensitive act. Nor can I imagine what I might do to my own son if I knew he were even remotely involved, other than to report those girls.

And there again is just another (unfortunately horrific) example of stupid is as stupid does ... and the further dumbing down of the human species addicted to their moronic social media websites and their desire for attention, even if negative or shocking.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:08 AM   #5
Wyildss
My god that was horrible :/. Those girls need mental help big time; I swear if I ever caught anyone doing that; they would be paying big time for the cruelty that was displayed here.

On that link..there is still a video..don't suggest watching it; if you do: Turn down the volume or you just might have your ear drums busted.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #6
NJ Serpents
Disgusting

I'm glad that I couldn't see the video, reading about it was heatwrenching enough and you can't unsee something like what was described.

The flagrant disregard for the poor tortoise's life is absolutely disgusting. This goes way beyond typical bad teenage judgement. How anyone can do that to another living creature is completely beyond me. They need to locked the up and the key thrown away.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #7
JColt
I watched about 5 seconds of it before I realized what was going on. I wouldn't have posted even if it were still around. Absolutely horrible.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:37 PM   #8
j_dunlavy

Humans are the worst. No other animal has the capacity for such cruelty, just humans.
Those girls deserve everything horrible that happens to them, I hope they are punished severely.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #9
bobbafett

These are Facebook shots. Faith was the other girl in the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #10
bobbafett
Oh I can't edit and there's swears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!