MB REPTILES (MATT BRUNER) Great Customer, does it again! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:46 PM   #11
peter Andersen
and there was still no need to hold my money for 4 month

Old 04-27-2008, 04:51 PM   #12
Lucille
Peter,

You tried to ruin this man's good name because he obeyed the law.
Show your dated email asking for a refund?

Old 04-27-2008, 08:01 PM   #13
Mangshan
Peter,

While I am glad to hear that you "fully obey the Danish import and Postal Rules"....

I find it very telling, that you would request another person to break the laws of their own Nation, in order to satisfy your desires.

You blindly sent payment...even after it was explained that the seller could not legally export the insects to you.

After you sent the payment, against the sellers wishes, you were offered credit toward the purchase of other LEGAL items. You declined to accept this offer...or even reply back to the seller in regard to his offer.

Instead, you bring your complaint here (without ANY supporting doccumentation)
and attempt to cast a shadow over the sellers good reputation.

Even so, the seller then still refunds your money!

This thread was suspect from the very beginning.

In synopsis....

Matt Bruner....Scores a three pointer!
Peter Andersen ....a foul.

I seriously doubt that the Danish Import Authority would look kindly on your asking someone to break their nation's export laws.

Perhaps this is a subject that you would be better to drop now.

Something stinks in Denmark.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:56 AM   #14
Royal Morphz
Third party post have no place on the Boi if Mr.Bruner want to give his accounts as to what happened he should come to the Boi in his own defence. Just stating what I have been reading in the rules and regulations. But it is fact that usps does not ship insect out of country because of infestation and disease problems

Old 04-28-2008, 01:02 AM   #15
Royal Morphz
I do apologize as I see in a different post where the info was given by Mr. Bruner him self not sure how to edit so I did this

Old 04-28-2008, 01:29 AM   #16
Mangshan
Hello Timothy,

No problem.
Apology accepted.
This guy (Peter) has started multiple threads about the same subject.
So I can see how it might have been a little confusing.

I also spoke directly with Matt Bruner over the phone today to inform him of this thread... and got the low down on this situation....at first Matt was not sure what I was talking about...then he was able to bring up a correspondence history about this situation from his website.

Matt declined to send or even sell the roaches.
The customer persisted requesting them. Matt explained that it was against the law.
Then Peter blindly sent a payment and even requested Matt to hold off shipping until things cooled down a bit, and seemed less likely to be inspected.

Again Matt explained that he would not ship the roaches.
He offered Peter credit or a refund.
Peter never replied with a decision.
Months passed without a reply and Peter decided to post a complaint without either asking for a refund or accepting the credit which Matt offered.

As soon as Matt was informed about this thread...he promptly refunded the entire purchase price.
Matt was not holding the payment ransom...he was allowing the customer to decide what he wanted to do.
I have known Matt for some time now and he has made several large purchases from me. Never even a hiccup.
Everything has always gone smooth.
And I will deal with him again.

Take care
Harlin Wall - WALL TO WALL REPTILES!
970-255-9255
970-245-7611

Old 04-28-2008, 01:51 AM   #17
Animal34343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangshan
I also spoke directly with Matt Bruner over the phone today to inform him of this thread... and got the low down on this situation....at first Matt was not sure what I was talking about...then he was able to bring up a correspondence history about this situation from his website.

Matt declined to send or even sell the roaches.
The customer persisted requesting them. Matt explained that it was against the law.
Then Peter blindly sent a payment and even requested Matt to hold off shipping until things cooled down a bit, and seemed less likely to be inspected.

Again Matt explained that he would not ship the roaches.
He offered Peter credit or a refund.
Peter never replied with a decision.
Months passed without a reply and Peter decided to post a complaint without either asking for a refund or accepting the credit which Matt offered.

As soon as Matt was informed about this thread...he promptly refunded the entire purchase price.
Matt was not holding the payment ransom...he was allowing the customer to decide what he wanted to do.
I'm sorry, but this whole story seems really fishy. Something had to have been done to lead Peter on even to the point of sending the money. I'm sure that throughout their entire correspondence Matt was not saying he couldn't ship them out. This stories been twisted around to make Peter seem like the one to take all the blame and Matt seem as perfect, but I think that they're both most likely at fault.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:07 AM   #18
Mangshan
???? are you just posting an opinion...you are entitled to it.... but????

Matt would never have agreed to ship the roaches for $50!!!! Aside from it being agianst the law...(even if it were legal)....He would be losing money at that shipping price!

Checkout his website.
Check out the other posts about this subject.
Perhaps Matt could have automatically refunded the customers purchase price...but he instead offered the customer a choice. Refund or Credit.
And Matt has refunded the money.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:57 AM   #19
Lucille
Harlin

Where is Matt? He is registered here and I had sent him a question about the shipping. When he did not answer, I looked the regulation up myself and found that he is indeed complying with the law by refusing to ship.
You say you spoke with him yesterday, and y'all went over the correspondence together.
I am thinking that since people check threads like this prior to making a purchase, instead of you speaking for Matt it would be good if he came on here and spoke for himself.
Again, as I have said here and in the other threads, it is not legal to ship these insects out of the country USPS and so it is a good thing they were not shipped, but as to the timing of the refund, I think Matt should speak to that himself to reassure future customers that refunds would be processed in a timely manner.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:30 AM   #20
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Harlin

Where is Matt? He is registered here and I had sent him a question about the shipping. When he did not answer, I looked the regulation up myself and found that he is indeed complying with the law by refusing to ship.
You say you spoke with him yesterday, and y'all went over the correspondence together.
I am thinking that since people check threads like this prior to making a purchase, instead of you speaking for Matt it would be good if he came on here and spoke for himself.
Again, as I have said here and in the other threads, it is not legal to ship these insects out of the country USPS and so it is a good thing they were not shipped, but as to the timing of the refund, I think Matt should speak to that himself to reassure future customers that refunds would be processed in a timely manner.
Agreed. I'd like to see the email exchange between Peter and Matt. I'd like to know:

When did Matt realize he couldn't ship the order, and when did he notify Peter?

What was Peter's response?

When did Matt offer Peter a refund or credit?

When did Peter ask for a refund?

If Matt promptly realized there was a problem with shipping, and promptly offered a refund or credit, but Peter continued to demand shipment, then I'd say that the blame falls pretty squarely on Peter.

But if Matt did not deal with the situation in a timely manner, then, while he may not have broken the law, but he would be guilty of bad customer service.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!