Bought animal on here, later found out it is severely impacted. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:53 PM   #11
Herps Alive!
Somewhat confused here. Why would anyone not contact the seller just to check in and see what he could add or help with? Why come here first?

Old 01-02-2015, 10:11 PM   #12
Magic
Keith,

Sometimes transactions dealing with a rare specimen or large amounts of money (and I'm not saying that the tort in question was a several thousand dollar specimen--I simply don't know that, merely stating my experience) benefit from asking others in the industry "Hey, what do you guys think?".

Others' input may add valuable insight on transaction dealings. One of the reasons why our BOI here works so well.

Old 01-02-2015, 11:31 PM   #13
Herps Alive!
So I buy a used Lamborghini and have issues with it. Call other Lambo owners rather than the dealership? Hear what you are saying but there's a certain logic defying factor to me.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:08 AM   #14
Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herps Alive! View Post
So I buy a used Lamborghini and have issues with it. Call other Lambo owners rather than the dealership? Hear what you are saying but there's a certain logic defying factor to me.

Hey all you other 2012 Lambo owners! Are your headlamp lenses crazing and spidering already too? Mine are cloudy and yellowing. I think I'm gonna call the dealership and complain, as I really don't think my lenses should be this bad in only two years. I've had it parked in the sun, but not everyday, and it's not like I live in the desert. I paid a lot of money for this car, and don't think I'm overreacting. Could I get some of my money back because I need to replace my headlamps? What would you guys do?? I don't like having my car's headlamp lenses looking like a cubic zirconia knockoff.

Now, I'm not saying that imaginary story up above is what's going on with the OP, but it's not illogical to post here before going straight to the seller. Matter of factly, sometimes it takes an outsider to tell you that you're asking for too much or not enough.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:10 AM   #15
hhmoore
Since its been nearly a month, how about a status update?

Old 01-03-2015, 10:13 AM   #16
tctpa523
He is an 8 inch cherry head. my vet has been helping me treat him and he is doing much better. I believe most of the blockage has passed through. He gave him some sort of intestinal lubricant in a few days later he passed waste that resembled wallpaper paste. I never did contact the seller. Everyone here made a good point, enough time has passed that the likelihood of him doing anything about the situation was probably negligible. I also don't think he had any idea that this animal has a problem when it was sold to me. I want to thank you all for your comments and advice on this thread. The animal has seemed to improve steadily over the last couple weeks. He now eats like a pig and has been trying to figure a way to claw his way out of is quarantine set up. I think in another week or two he may be ready to go back in the group that he was designated for.

Old 01-03-2015, 10:15 AM   #17
Herps Alive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
Hey all you other 2012 Lambo owners! Are your headlamp lenses crazing and spidering already too? Mine are cloudy and yellowing. I think I'm gonna call the dealership and complain, as I really don't think my lenses should be this bad in only two years. I've had it parked in the sun, but not everyday, and it's not like I live in the desert. I paid a lot of money for this car, and don't think I'm overreacting. Could I get some of my money back because I need to replace my headlamps? What would you guys do?? I don't like having my car's headlamp lenses looking like a cubic zirconia knockoff.

Now, I'm not saying that imaginary story up above is what's going on with the OP, but it's not illogical to post here before going straight to the seller. Matter of factly, sometimes it takes an outsider to tell you that you're asking for too much or not enough.

Touche' Magic . But this is more major than yellowing lenses. This is a transmission slipping. Wouldn't you contact the dealer to see about a recall notice. Certainly good to get more info but to not contact the original source AT ALL seems odd. Even if its just headlight lenses.

Old 01-03-2015, 10:20 AM   #18
tctpa523
Quote:
Keith,

Sometimes transactions dealing with a rare specimen or large amounts of money (and I'm not saying that the tort in question was a several thousand dollar specimen--I simply don't know that, merely stating my experience) benefit from asking others in the industry "Hey, what do you guys think?".

Others' input may add valuable insight on transaction dealings. One of the reasons why our BOI here works so well.
This was pretty much my thought process. I had taken an extended break from and sort of buying or selling of reptiles, and have just been caring for my own group for the last 10 years. When this animal started piling up large veterinary bills I guess I just wanted to get the feedback from people who have potentially dealt with the situation like this before and see if I did have any recourse. After reading the answers submitted by everyone kind enough to post on this thread I decided to just suck it up and make sure that the animal was going to be healthy first and foremost. It has been made clear to me was enough time had passed that there was probably not very much positive that could come from confronting the seller.

Old 01-03-2015, 10:22 AM   #19
tctpa523
Quote:
Keith,

This was pretty much my thought process. I had taken an extended break from any sort of buying or selling of reptiles, and have just been caring for my own group for the last 10 years. When this animal started piling up large veterinary bills I guess I just wanted to get the feedback from people who have potentially dealt with the situation like this before and see if I did have any recourse. After reading the answers submitted by everyone kind enough to post on this thread I decided to just suck it up and make sure that the animal was going to be healthy first and foremost. It has been made clear to me was enough time had passed that there was probably not very much positive that could come from confronting the seller.

Old 01-03-2015, 10:40 AM   #20
nickolasanastasiou
Glad to read he is doing better. Did the vet give him lactulose? That can help. Higher magnesium can also be of some assistance. If he eats Mazuri, making a mash of Mazuri using real fruit juice (apple would be fine) as the softening agent instead of water and some Magnesium that is not an oxide (from a capsule meant for people) may help in getting the peristalsis going in a bit more "rowdy" a fashion, helping him clear residual deposits.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!