Question on Acquiring P. m. lodingi (Black Pines) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-21-2018, 12:15 AM   #1
SoGRUDE
Question on Acquiring P. m. lodingi (Black Pines)

Back in November 2017, I went to REXPO in Rochester, NY and there was a vendor with a few Black Pines for sale and, as never heard of them before, began asking questions out of curiosity. The vendor stated that I needed “...a permit” in order to own one but never specified as to which one I needed. However the closest I got to was maybe a Captive Bred Wildlife Registration since that focuses on threatened/endangered species survival, but am not 100% sure. So I am asking anybody who has one as to which permit they needed outside of a Federal Interstate Commerce Permit (I am an NY resident, just to make it clear)?

Old 08-21-2018, 05:53 AM   #2
Donald C
They are on the protected species list, requiring a USFW Interstate Commerce Permit to purchase and transport across state lines. You do not need this permit to buy from a breeder living in your state. The permit process usually takes 60 to 90 days to be issued, and the permit application has to be filed with a $100 application fee.

As the price of the animals is really not that much, so most vendors simply sell within their state and not across state lines.

Old 08-21-2018, 08:03 PM   #3
SoGRUDE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald C View Post
They are on the protected species list, requiring a USFW Interstate Commerce Permit to purchase and transport across state lines. You do not need this permit to buy from a breeder living in your state. The permit process usually takes 60 to 90 days to be issued, and the permit application has to be filed with a $100 application fee.

As the price of the animals is really not that much, so most vendors simply sell within their state and not across state lines.

So would this apply to a vendor coming from another state and selling it in the state they travelled to (I believe the vendor came from the Midwest or down the East Coast, I can’t remember)?

Old 08-22-2018, 06:18 AM   #4
Donald C
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGRUDE View Post
So would this apply to a vendor coming from another state and selling it in the state they travelled to (I believe the vendor came from the Midwest or down the East Coast, I can’t remember)?
That is correct. Most out-of-state vendors will just choose not to bring animals that have those requirements for sale.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
black pine snake, pituophis