Ohio ban bill to list all venomous, and all constrictors - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #11
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-aggie View Post
Whoa...this is a pretty arbitrary line. ALL exotic animal owners should be working TOGETHER. Ideas like this, however benign they seem to you, is exactly the result the AR groups want. Divide and conquer.

Exactly!!

There is a very famous old quote-from way back in WWII-that sort of applies.

"When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out."

-Friedrich Gustav Emil Martin Niemöller-

Substitute different animal species for the different ideological/religious/political references, and you'll see what I mean.

We have to do our very best to employ GOOD HABITS in keeping our animals, and give exotic keeping a GOOD NAME, or they could ALL be taken away.

RESPONSIBILITY FIRST!!

And we all have to stick together-regardless of the types of animals we keep!!

Old 10-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #12
reptilemike
the only reason for this is due to the jack ass that just let loose 56 tigers, lions, bears, wolves last weak. you get someone who lost his wife and is about to loose his animals since the gov wanted to shut him down and he decides to let them all go and kill himself. not the smartest thing you could do. but because of this they want every exotic pet owner to pay the price . i think people should have some regulations on certain things but it is our God give rite to own what we want on our own land and no one should be allowed to take that away!

Old 10-23-2011, 11:52 PM   #13
joshcosta56
Couldn't agree with you more Mike.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:19 AM   #14
wcreptiles
We need to start a FAX and letter campaign. Does anyone have a link to the Ohio legistrators that might be sympathetic to our cause? I'm sending a FAX to the sponsors but I'm guessing they won't listen to reason and it's a waste of time.

I don't think I want to be a class 5 felon.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #15
Beardedsbloods
Its a shame that people that have no clue are writing up bills and laws. I think we are on are own.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #16
SamanthaJane13
Vote NO on Ohio H.B. 352 !!! (Banning Exotic pets!)-on FaceBook!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/192895880786715/

Old 10-25-2011, 06:54 AM   #17
Arachno
Why hasn't USARK jumped on this yet?

Old 10-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #18
SamanthaJane13
Hit the FaceBook page!!

They ARE involved!!

Old 10-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #19
KingBowser
So it seems like this bill is getting less press among the herp community as I'm not seeing much discussion of it as compared to the past USFW proposed regs. Does this only concern Ohio or the whole country? It needs to be fought either way, no doubt about it...

Old 10-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #20
scarnicom
I feel ashamed that out of staters are doing more for ohio reptiles than I am. I have sincere appreciation for all that are helping and would personally like to know what i can do to help more... Other thqn liking the facebook page... I already did!

Thank you

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!