Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 44 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #431
crotalusadamanteus
Rate per pound (a) Weight (b) Discount (c).

(a*b)*c = discount. (* = multiply)

A simple calculator will do this.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #432
TripleMoonsExotic
They need to get with the decade. It should be automated. A multiple billion (trillion?) dollar company can't get their scripts to accept discounted rates?

Old 07-14-2010, 06:42 PM   #433
TripleMoonsExotic
Annoyance could have been averted...
The discounts are showing up in the rate quote...I have no idea why the PDF and my rep said I had to calculate it myself.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:42 PM   #434
crotalusadamanteus
I agree with you completely. Should have said that too.

I was just trying to simplify it for you.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:48 PM   #435
charlie476
Has any one had any luck getting approved to send to residential? I know almost every large feeder company ships to residential. Surely as large of scale these business's are they wouldn't be breaking rules that would jeopardize their shipping provider. Also isn't the back of FedEx trucks climate controlled vs UPS?

Old 08-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #436
TripleMoonsExotic
Feeders are dead, they are not covered under the Live Harmless Reptiles waiver. The Live Harmless Reptiles waiver is what prohibits residential delivery. Some areas have the climate controlled Express vans, but not all.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:10 PM   #437
charlie476
Just called legal department there and I can honestly say i waste more time dialing the number than what I got info on. I was told even worms are not allowed to be shipped to residential. I don't understand. If they wont insure them to be there alive where does it matter where they are shipped to. I was granted to be able to use 2nd day air with FedEx but still no residential. I will be doing over 100K annual with them and they wont budge about residential. Yet every other large company gets the ok to ship doesn't really make since. Seems like selective selection. What do you mean about Feeders are dead, they are not covered under the Live Harmless Reptiles waiver.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:23 PM   #438
TripleMoonsExotic
This thread is about FedEx Reptile Certification, which feeders would not be covered under. I had assumed you were speaking of rodent feeders. My worms come in through USPS.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:08 PM   #439
crotalusadamanteus
I ship reptiles to residential addresses through FedEx. They always add on a fee for residential delivery, but I have yet to have them refuse to. Us shipping certain reptiles who are CITES governed, it is an actual law for us to mark the boxes appropriately. If you are shipping worms, then simply marking the box "perishable" should be all that's required of you. Open a regular FedEx account, and not the reptile waiver type of account, and you should be good to go. Simply tell them when they ask what you'll be shipping, "various perishable goods". I can't see any problems arising from that. But it would still be on you to package correctly to ensure they don't die in the chance they don't hit a climate controlled truck.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #440
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
I ship reptiles to residential addresses through FedEx. They always add on a fee for residential delivery, but I have yet to have them refuse to.
My waiver specifically says I'm not permitted to ship residential (as does the official policy). Do you have an older waiver? I've noticed some of the older waivers do not have that stipulation in. Makes me wish I hadn't been lazy and done it before they started adding it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver