Changes to the infraction system as a result of the BOI going away - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-09-2020, 08:52 AM   #11
snowgyre
Quick question, is an inquiry over a new user considered a BOI-style type post? I was recently contacted by someone with a brand new account, no posts, who misspelled his supposed city of origin and biography is "good and honest." I was just wondering if anyone else is receiving inquiries from this account because it's not really passing the smell test before I contact an admin about a potential bot?

Old 06-09-2020, 09:58 AM   #12
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
Quick question, is an inquiry over a new user considered a BOI-style type post? I was recently contacted by someone with a brand new account, no posts, who misspelled his supposed city of origin and biography is "good and honest." I was just wondering if anyone else is receiving inquiries from this account because it's not really passing the smell test before I contact an admin about a potential bot?
If it was via PM you could either report it or forward it to some mods for research. There are other tools we can use to root out and whack accounts from scammers.

Old 06-09-2020, 04:41 PM   #13
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
From what I have seen, the phrase "good and honest" is a tell for one or more spammers/scammers. All that I find using that phrase are either deleted or banned, as appropriate.

But to answer your question, posting such a question publicly on this site will likely get you answers that would be a violation of the rule against BOI style posts. Meaning the entire thread would be deleted.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!