Dave Lawson........ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-21-2003, 11:16 PM   #1
4StateHerps
Exclamation Dave Lawson........

I have seen many bad guy posts about this guy. Well I found an ad he posted on 05/18 it is located at http://www.herpads.net/snake.htm

Don't know what good this post will do btu maybe warn people he is selling these ball pythons.

Here is the add

Name: Dave Lawson
Ad Title: Baby ball Pythons - lot prices
Email: ldblawson@aol.com
URL: http://
Date: 05/18/03
Time: 12:12 AM

Classified
Lot Prices on Baby Ball Pythons

DO TO THE FACT THAT MY EMPLOYEE MIXED THE FEEDING BABIES WITH THE NON-FEEDERS i HAVE DECIDED TO DROP THE PRICES.
1 - 5................................................. ....$12.00 ea.

6 - 10................................................ ..$11.50 ea

11 - 20................................................ .$11.00 ea

21 - 30................................................ .$10.50 ea

31 - 40................................................ .$10.00 ea

41 - 50................................................ .$9.50 ea

50 - 75................................................ .$8.50 ea

100 lots.............................................. ..$8.00 ea

150 lot............................................... ...$7.50 ea

200 lot............................................... ...$7.00 ea

Theses are all farm hatched babies that I have cherry picked all of these for pattern and color. I will pay the shipping on 100 lots or larger on the smaller lots buyer pays the shipping charges. They will be shipped UPS next day air to your door. I accept mc, visa, postal money orders and pay-pal. If you have any questions please call 813-931-8755. My loss is your gain but these are moving fast so don't wait prices won't be any lower.

Dave Lawson
Lawson's Reptiles
813-788-0356
Zodiac Reptiles
813-931-8755
ldblawson@aol.com

Misty cox

Old 05-22-2003, 01:07 AM   #2
Rainbowboaman
Misty,
You have seen many bad posts about him? I have been here since the beginning & don't remember all these bad posts. I did a search & there was one main ingredient on every post, a person who has been feuding with Dave forever (& by the way was the first person on BOI to get banned & then after being allowed back was asked to leave) & not actually about any dealings with him or his animals. I think you should go back over post & notice a main ingredient of each of those before you come here to "give us a warning" & is it just a coincidence that whenever a post comes up about Neil a new one comes up about Dave?

Old 05-22-2003, 01:44 AM   #3
Darin Chappell
Chris,

While I agree with your observation concerning the ties between Dave and Neil, and that their bad guy posts usually have something to do with one another, there are a few things I'd like to point out to you:

First, I wouldn't trust Dave any further than I would Neil. Why, because he has been shown to lie in order to get his way too! I just would never do business with either of them. You really can't accuse me of being Neil's buddy either...I can't stand the guy!

Second, Misty has no affiliation with Neil that I know of. She is in the same Herp Society as I am, and I have never had anything negative to say about her in any way.

Old 05-22-2003, 10:15 AM   #4
4StateHerps
Post ok so maybe he isnt a bad guy......

With all the clutter I ran into and arguments with him and some other people I assumed he was mixed in with others. My Appologies.

No I do not know who Neil Gubitz is. No I am not Neil Gubitz.

As Darin pointed out he knows me, or atleast knows OF me.

Misty Cox

Old 05-22-2003, 01:35 PM   #5
Dave Lawson
Misty, I would like to ask you to do me a favor. Would you please surf the BOI and show me any post that says I sell bad animals. The only one that I know of is a guy Named Ron Allen that hand picked some snakes from me shipped to a third party then the third party sent them back to Ron. Some of the snake did die doing their 4 days in a box, Not my fault and Neil was involved in that one to. I guess I am wondering "WHY" you feel it is up to you to warn people about my ads.

Old 05-22-2003, 04:39 PM   #6
4StateHerps
DAVE......

As I stated above I appologize for the post. The clutter of some of the messages on this website led me to "THINK" you were one of the bad guys. With the 1000's of post between I believe it to be you and this Neil Gubitz it is sometimes hard to distinguise. I appologize.

Maybe I shouldnt "THINK" so much and go back to taken care of my kids.

Again I say I am sorry and I appologize.

Misty Cox

Old 05-22-2003, 04:50 PM   #7
Mike and Erica @ MotherGecko
Just Curious...

Misty,

I apologize, but I fail to see the importance of this thread. Why I say that is I have probably read almost any posts on the BOI concerning Mr. Lawson, and none besides personal 'garbage' would lead me to believe it be nessacary to post a thread just because he's advertising some animals. If you even look at the advertisment you can see it's pretty up front. It's not like he's selling CH for CB as he clearly states they are farm raised, or it's not like he is claiming they are all feeding, when it also clearly states there was a mix up. The prices seem pretty darn reasonable too. I see no 'red flags' about the advertisment really what so ever. If you think about it, if Dave was really trying to get one over on someone, do you think he would have been so honest in the ad? Also do you think he would have has his home and store phone numbers out therelike that if he was plainly intending to rip peple off? All i'm saying is that, just the fact he advertised some animals is no reason to start a thread just to put a negative shadow on the guy. The BOI is for posting experiences both good and bad with breeders and dealers. I see no 'Bad guy' or 'Good Guy' comments in your post, and no details of any transactions done by you or anyone you know with Mr. Lawson. If he had advertised them as CB, and all feeding and you knew for a fact they were CH and he had a mix up with feeders and non-feeders, then by all means expose it and post away if you have proof. Unlike most of the people whom post about Dave I have actually purchased some of his animals. A friend of mine and myself split a 10 lot of Carpet pythons from Dave at a show. They were THE best priced Carpets I have ever bought, and he promised them all to be healthy and feeding. Neither my friend or myself ever had any complaints about them. It's just my opinion but I just think your post was kind of 'shooting from the hip' if you know what I mean. Just my .02 cents......... Mike B.

Old 05-22-2003, 04:56 PM   #8
Mike and Erica @ MotherGecko
Sorry Misty I missed the Apology....

Misty,
I posted a bit to quick myself there it seems. If the clutter ever starts to make you curious about someone just feel free to use this site for what it's intended for and make any 'Inquiry" post. Kudos to you though Misty, for posting your apology publicly it shows integrity. Mike B.

Old 05-22-2003, 07:24 PM   #9
Dave Lawson
I ALSO POSTED TO FAST.........

Misty, I did not mean for my post to sound so harsh but after I hit the post button it was to late. I was only trying to make a point that I do try to sell only quality animals and to my knowledge there have been complaints. I accept your apology. Thank you Mike for the kind words.

Old 05-23-2003, 10:30 AM   #10
4StateHerps
Talking HEHEHE one can only wish.....

for a board to show you who is posting to what and at what time while you are trying to post. Does this make sense?! Anyways Thank You all.

Misty

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!