AL Cortiz, BAD GUY - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:23 PM   #101
Intense Herpetoculture
When Al is found dead due to a mistake like this, do you think the media will use these videos in a nice light? Al means death to the venomous hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Herpetoculture
Really, so your saying that the person who made this video should be in ANY position to moderate a forum on husbandry, sales, and purchases of venomous snakes? You ahve to be out of your mind! The venomous community should do everything to convince Al to take all his venomous videos off of youtube, it does not show the venomous community in a good light. Al is in a position of being a "leader" by moderating those forums. Should he be?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NTGqRYWP1mw

I would upload it here myself, but I don't think Rich has the software.

Really, watch it, comment on it. I'm curious.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:30 PM   #102
John E Dove
What does that video, I watched it when you first posted the link, have to do with the charges this thread is based on?

Your just running a smear campaign.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #103
Intense Herpetoculture
Well, it has to do with Al. I believe HIS videos are putting our hobby at a serious risk. A larger risk then what anyone else is doing here. Lets focus on Al and what he is doing to our hobby. Do you think those videos help or hurt the venomous community? If the media catches these videos the public backlase with be larger then anything we have ever viewed before.

As for a smear campain, no, that's Al. I've been very upfront and thruthful regarding this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove
What does that video, I watched it when you first posted the link, have to do with the charges this thread is based on?

Your just running a smear campaign.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:45 PM   #104
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Gary, if you slow down and read what I posted there was a great big IF in my pm to you that said IF it was you who deleted my post.

I never ASSumed anything as you seem to have ASSumed I did, making something of a fool of yourself for making the ASSumption, if you ask me.
Yes you did. I would not of minded just the PM but coming here publicly saying I even could have pisses me off. I seen it as just a way to get me more involved when I was already trying to handle it.

Quote:
What name calling, exactly are you referring to? al has lied, he's a lair. He's used a double standard to profit for himself and then to hurt the guy he profitted by. Seems like a pretty scummy thing to do to someone to me. He also had NO problem with justyn's ad UNTIL al got ripped off by the guy in Africa. Then, all of a sudden, al remembers what his job is and get's justyn banned and his ads deleted. Interesting timing.
I have no issues with you asking questions. But you were name calling. calling him a lieing scumbag. you do not know he is lieing. You just do not. And to call Al a scumbag is just well wrong. he has done a lot for this hobby and cares for it as much as the next guy.

Quote:
I brought this to light, not calling him names, on your site in the thread that al started. You know the one, where he askes for members there to come here and bail his ass out because he put his big foot in a pile of poo. He deleted my post.
And as you see another mod has now taken that thread down. As it should have been.

Quote:
I then started a thread, with the same exact post, which is one of the posts I made in this very thread. You read it, commented on it and did not seem to have a problem with it. In fact, you and I each posted at least twice, perhaps 3 times a peice on that thread before it disappeared.
Al did not delete that thread. I did post, one was warning you and everyone about the name calling. And the other was something along the lines of asking what the permit has to do with the issue? One of my mods knew I was involved in this and took the step I did not. There is a way to post and talk as adults. As I know you can.

Quote:
I thought there was no way Gary O would do this BUT I am a skeptical bastard and al is one of your staff members so I shot you a pm stating that IF you deleted it I was severely disappointed in you.
That is fine but posting it here just to bring my name into it more pissed me off. I am at the point in my forum owning and business life that I do not have all the time in the world anymore. and I have to bounce back and forth between two forums trying to defend my site and myself. I did not edit or delete any posts. Maybe I should have with the name calling. But I have a team that backed me up. And you will never see me down my team in public. Even when I had mods go bad I never down them in public.

Quote:
You shot one back saying you didn't at which time I appologized for even having thought you did.
Thank you. You know how I feel about all the banning and stuff but at the same time I am trying to clean up my sites. I now have children that I promise the parents can post there. I see them at shows all the time. The war room is dead.

Quote:
As far as your brother and I, I sure did think he was wrong, until you proved he was right, at which time I also appologized to you and him and I thought we all chuckled about it. IN fact, if I recall correctly, I even said I'd like to get one or two from you guys next time the guy had any. Of course, if you are harboring deep feelings of ill will over it, there is nothing I can do that I have not done.
You missed the point bro. I know we are cool about it. I brought it up saying everyone makes mistakes. It happens. You went off on John. he told me and I came on. Me bringing that up was more of a look you are not always on the dot about things bro. Sit back sometimes and ride the wave lol. We are cool about it. And I think it was funny lol.

Quote:
nora, as always, you are not as smart as you think you are. In this very thread I have admitted to being wrong at least twice. It is not the first time it has happened. The thing is, and follow along closely because this is where you get lost, just because one of your friends, be he a lying scumbag like al or a stand up guy like Gary, says I am wrong, does not make it so. Read it again. IF someone can prove I am wrong THEN I am wrong but just saying it does not make it so.
Yes you do admit when you are wrong. Sometimes though you try to go after things so hard before everything is laid out. Like calling someone a liar before it is proven one way or the other.

Quote:
Gary, al has let loose a string of lies. Saying he had the permit to import the snakes is merely another. The airbill number has NOTHING to do with anything I've addressed. I don't know why you think it is, I certainly have had NOTHING to say about the airway bill at all.
Bro, Listen. Al and Joe (I know he wants nothing to do with this) wanted animals the permit is Joes. I know he has it. But he does not have to post it. Al has already siad he does not have it, but Joe has it. Just like you admitted when you were wrong Al has done the same thing.

I mention the air bill as this is why Al contacted Justyn about this all. That is the only reason.

Quote:
So, al, you lie.
Bro you know I stand up for my friends. and Al is a friend. I would do the same for you. I have done the same for Jay Ownes when people were calling him a liar. Al is not a lair and a scammer. You keep bringing up that he does not have the permits. You are right. Al said this. Another person that was importing them with him does. This person is a very very highly respected person in the hot world. many keepers will say this.

About the venomous sites ads. Like I said. If the admin of the site agrees to the action then it would have been done anyways. But like I have said many times I can not comment on it and I will not ask my friends from there to come here to post about it.

Quote:
You operate under a double standard, using people so long as you profit then putting the screws to them if you feel they are a threat to you.
Al has never profited from me and he takes care of me. All is not a big player in the hot vendor market. So why would he feel threatened?

Quote:
You also abuse your position to hide the facts that you do this all of which makes you a first class scumbag in my book.
His actions on TRR would have been taken by the mod that deleted the whole thread. So he did not hide behind his powers. The mod that took the action was the only one in total right as all mods that viewed that thread should have done the same.

Quote:
Gary, I do stop by TRR from time to time but since it is mainly a club for guys who keep hots, I don't have a whole lot to say. I think you're a pretty good guy and I also think that when you look at the facts, not the players involved, you'll see exactly why I have persued this as I have.
I give you that it is a great hot snake place. But I am looking at the facts. I think both parties jumped the gun on each other becuase I do not feel either have anything to do with each other in this deal and all of us posting this stuff is not helping it get solved.

Quote:
If you don't then I have simply overestimated yet another person I admired. I suppose this too will happen again, as it has in the past. I hope it is not the case, but given your halfcocked responces to what has happened I will not be surprised if it does.
I am not the one posting upset and demanding things and calling names. I am looking at both sides and I see that both sides went off a bit. Where I see it went bad is when Justyn thought Al was threatening him when Al is clearly saying I am going after the exporter this could effect you. Meaning the exporter will not be there for some time. That would effect Justyn would it not. Al seemed like he did not want to do that. and was saying it as sortof a thanks to Justyn. like

Hey thanks man becuase if you can not get him to fix this I might have to go after him and that could hurt you and i do not want that.

Quote:
Who disabled my ability to post on TRR? Did you ok the deletion of a thread that shows one of your staff in a bad light though an accurate one? What is truth worth to you? Can you still call a theif a theif on TRR, a liar a liar?
As I see your account is not disabled. I looked and you are still able to post. I will again research it more. But when an account is disabled you can not PM and you can PM me. Maybe you are posting in a locked thread? or you had a thread opened posting to it that was deleted while you were posting?

I did not OK anything before hand. But the whole I am better then you and you are a scumbag type stuff will not be allowed. If you can talk in an adult manner you are more then welcome to post. But if you can not see what this whole thing is then sorry for you.

Quote:
My how things change.
making another ASSumption before you know. I do not start posting stuff without knowing everyting I can. If I do not have direct knowledge of something I try not to comment on it to much.

You want to be right so much. But lets say this.

What if the admin team over on the venomous site says yes we agree Justyn can not post ads here.

What if Joe posted he does have the permits.

Then what. Nothing you were dragging a persons name through the mud for nothing. Calling him a liar and a scumbag.

Sometimes man you need to stop for a bit and just not comment. there is no need. These two people in this thread REALLY have nothing to do with each other anymore. Niether have ripped each other off.

Justyns actions in his past got him banned from KS and the rest of the sites. I am not sure when al banned Justyn from the other site. Was it closer to the Justyn ripping people off or this? I do not know. I honestly did not look into it.

But this does not look to be a BOI thread to me. It is more of BS and other stuff then business. just my 2 cents.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #105
Gary O
Quote:
When Al is found dead due to a mistake like this, do you think the media will use these videos in a nice light? Al means death to the venomous hobby.

Bro this type of thing is where i am coming form it is ALL MUD SLINGING BS.

I do not like you and I am doing this and that type BS.

If you do not like Al and Al does not like you then cool but leave it at that.

What the hell does a video have to do with any of this

Old 01-17-2008, 09:49 PM   #106
Gary O
And guys quit attacking each other. What idoes it bring you. NOTHING. WTF is going on with everyone. Do some of us need drama that bad.

If you all want to slam people send me emails and slam the hell out of me

gary@thereptileroom.org.

if anyone is use to it, it would be me. Anytime you feel like atackign someone just send me a email and attack me.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:50 PM   #107
John E Dove
I focus on both parties when I look at these threads and thus far your the proven Bad Guy.
I did not see much in that video that give us a bad name.
He spoke on the need for caution, how his room was snake proof, how to repair faulty cages..............
He did seem to almost get nailed a couple of times and IMO left that snake loose longer than he should have but give us a bad name, not really.

Like I said your just trying to run a smear campaign because your a Bad Guy, it is getting around and he is one of those who had something to do with your loosing one or more retail outlets.

I am still waiting for all those folks you made good with to post that you settled up with them.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:51 PM   #108
Jim O
Quote:
It also involves known lair (Al).
I'm guessing that you meant to type "liar". If so it's something that you two would have in common. The difference is that you are a lying thief and that is well documented. Al may have distorted some facts, may have, but you have lied about having animals in your possession and lied about issuing refunds for animals that you never owned. You also took money based on your lies. Do yourself a favor and shut you mouth. You can't make Al look any worse, and you make yourself look more and more stupid with each post.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:54 PM   #109
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
QUOTE""Al did delete one post made by Wes today. I would say it was the way Wes went about it. I have been trying as much as I can to clean up the main forums from BS and name calling the best I can.""

Well I sort of figured, too bad he had to again deal with someone he was having problems with. Seems strange to me that your Mod team deleted a thread you were active in and didn't bother mentioning it to you, not taking a shot at your site it just seems strange. Gee I'll have to see if I can get Rich to post in one of my forums and delete the thread with out telling or asking him before hand! Wonder how long I'll be a member here after that lol. Gary your site to run your way but the continuing actions of Al IE deleting stuff that people he has personal problems with have posted, just looks bad.
I am sorry if you are looking for me to publicly go off on my team you will be waiting along time. Just becuase I own a site does not mean i can not be wrong and get into a thread to much and need to have another not involved mod it. I am not a god. I put my team in place for a reason.

Quote:
Al your problem with Justyn as I said here before didn't belong here but it seems we've a whole new kettle of fish now. If you deleted, asked someone else to delete post(s) or blocked Wes's access on TRR ... If you did any of the aforementioned things then buddy you are not the good guy you think you are. No need to run over there you could have just answered his questions the best you could here. Randy

Like said Al did one post and another mod did the rest. I should have moved or delted Al's thread myself. I over looked it at the time MY FAULT!

But Al after the first post has nothing to do with any moderation of threads or posts after that. and as said Wes account as I can see is not blocked.

So again please do not read one post and not my reply. If you have wquestions regarding TRR direct them to me please.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:58 PM   #110
Wilomn
Gary, which mod deleted my thread?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!