Golden Phoenix Exotica - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-25-2004, 05:09 PM   #1
TripleMoonsExotic
Thumbs down Golden Phoenix Exotica

This has nothing to do with my personal breeding, collecting and business, nor with reptiles. I non the less think it's something to be noted on the BOI.

My brother collects insects and my mother ordered for him a sexed pair of Grant's Rhinoceros Beetles. The beetles were to be shipped next day air (and this is what was paid for, $20 - true shipping costs $17.95) USPS. The seller failed to mention that due to zoneing, the beetles would not arrive for 2 - 3 days after shipment. He also failed to mention that he shipped the insects in one of the free USPS 13.5 x 12 x 3 priority boxes without insulation or cool packs.

The bugs arrived with the male dead. When the seller was contacted, he insisted if they wanted a replacement male, they would have to pay an additional $20 for shipping or be refunded the $15 for the male. The refund wasn't an option due to the fact that it was my brothers goal to collect a life cycle from these bugs.

So instead, a friend whom was ordering from Golden Phoenix a pair of the same bugs offered to have the replacement shipped with her pair. Again, same shipping methods...and this time her female arrived dead. Seller repeated the same thing to her...Send me $20 and I will send a replacement.

I'm sorry, but even if they are insects, these shipping methods are horrific. How can they be expected to arrive alive if measures aren't taken to insure this?

I had not known about this whole situation until after everything went on. If I had read their guarantee policy, I would have insisted my mother pay the extra $10 or so for shipping next day air UPS.

Contact Information: gphx@msn.com

"Live delivery is guaranteed on all live items with the exception of solifugids.

No live delivery guarantee on any location that cannot receive USPS packages Overnight for any reason.

We do not guarantee delivery on a specific day of the week and will send confirmation and tracking info along with an e.t.a. upon shipment.

We are not responsible for unreasonable postal delays or if you are not available to receive or sign for your package. Nor are we to be held responsible in cases of acts of God or war.

We must be notified within 24 hours of any deaths or other order issues and dead animals should be retained.

Unsuccessful guaranteed deliveries will be remedied by a second shipment without guarantee, a credit to your account, or an outright refund, at our discretion.

All refunds are at our discretion and will be minus any Paypal fees.

No sales outside of the US"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!