Fly River Turtles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
flyriver
Fly River Turtles

I am looking to hear from anyone who has captive born/raised FRT's and may want to sell them ... I am also interested in hearing from people who keep these animals so that I may ask some advice on husbandry ... thanks!
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-21-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
jill43623
there are no reported confirmed cases of FRT being bred in captivity.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
HyderHouseHerps
Fly River Turtles

I don't think they have been bred in captivity but if you'd like to talk captive FRT's, I work for a zoo that has some and I can help you out if you'd like.

woops sorry, old post. anyone else who needs info can email me.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:45 AM   #4
joshDJM
i am looking for a baby frt, around 3'. can anyone help me???

Old 10-20-2009, 11:54 PM   #5
boycebitz
I can't help with locating baby FRT. i have what I believe is a female 10'. ( I say female based on the tale). I have this turtle for 4 years. bought it when it was around 4' in chicago. i have not seen any offered since then. Use to be you would see them at the shows for 250-300 for some beat up babies.I got lucky with this one,i know people who bought babies that never took and died. This one eats like a pig. be prepared to have a big enclosure for your FRT. Mine is in a 210 gallon tank and I will need to upgrade soon at the rate it is growing.
Good luck.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:38 AM   #6
jozzep
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycebitz View Post
I can't help with locating baby FRT. i have what I believe is a female 10'. ( I say female based on the tale). I have this turtle for 4 years. bought it when it was around 4' in chicago. i have not seen any offered since then. Use to be you would see them at the shows for 250-300 for some beat up babies.I got lucky with this one,i know people who bought babies that never took and died. This one eats like a pig. be prepared to have a big enclosure for your FRT. Mine is in a 210 gallon tank and I will need to upgrade soon at the rate it is growing.
Good luck.
What show did you ever see a pig-nose for less than $500?

Old 10-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #7
boycebitz
Lee watson reptile show in streamwood IL. They use to sell babies for 300-350 but they were banged up.. i saw a few at a local show in houston TX a few years back for about the price. I got lucky with the one i picked up. I bought her(him) from a guy trying to sell it to a vendor.She (he ) was already established.I haven't seen FRT for sale at any shows in the past few years.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:36 AM   #8
SouthernDragons
Did you really search?

I have come upon a few 4" fly river turtles... for around $550ea. Jay at Turtles & Tortoises has two last I checked. Double check with him. They're easier to find, and not that rare.. just gotta look.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #9
Johnny
I'm pretty sure the Bronx Zoo/NYC has bred them in there huge Jungle World enclosure. They've also bred halmintonii's in the same enclosure. Saw babies from both being species displayed in their reptile world juevi area a couple of years ago. I think there is at least a couple of people in Florida working with colonies on FRTs in their ponds. If they can breed halmintonii's, they can likely breed FRTs. Would love to see cb FRT's in a couple of years from US collections instead of those CH animals that come in through Asia. Unfortunately, not many people will have the proper space to house these. Tom Chiang

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread