Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 235 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-31-2018, 12:26 PM   #2341
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanKS View Post
Here's my update:

Ty did not show up, ignoring the Courts previous orders.
Michelle's Lawyer is still pursuing the Counter-Claim and has reserved the right to retain a Jury trial depending if Ty does/does not show up. (Motion to enforce the trial order and sanctions I discussed in the last update)

The Court granted Michelle's attorney's motion to enforce the trial order and sanctions. It also dismissed Ty's claim against Michelle.

So what's next? (this is opinion/theory, not summery)
Michelle's claim against Ty will proceed. Michelle's lawyer will likely request a default judgement between now and the next hearing on 7/30. If it is not responded too, Michelle will win. If it is responded too, The case will go to trial.

We will know more after the 30th
The orders have been posted. Ty's case against Michelle was dismissed with prejudice; he can't re-file it.

The final pretrial conference order was yesterday, and again Ty was a no-show.

The jury trial was set for Aug 14.

http://www.co.charlotte.fl.us/Default.aspx

In the left menu under "Online Services" click on "Court Records - Search"
Case # is 17000266CA.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:51 PM   #2342
kerrek
Looks like Ty tried to get the trial postponed at the last minute, and the judge wouldn’t let him. Be interesting to see how it turns out today
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2018, 01:21 PM   #2343
Snake-Queen
His "concussion" hasn't prevented him from posting on FB & appearing in public at an awards ceremony.

Old 08-14-2018, 01:23 PM   #2344
nickolasanastasiou
Selective concussions are selective. lol

I tried to be there today, but I had assignment which ran longer than I wanted.

Old 08-14-2018, 01:25 PM   #2345
Akiranar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Selective concussions are selective. lol

I tried to be there today, but an assignment got in my way.
I would have gone, but I had therapy. With how crap things have been for me the past 8 and a half months, I wish I had went to the trial.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:06 PM   #2346
Will0W783
Are there any updates as to how the trial went? I hope it went in Michelle's favor, although getting Mr. Park to actually pay up, regardless of the verdict, may be a much longer road...

Old 08-14-2018, 02:16 PM   #2347
skydnay
I'm amused at Ty's reasoning for trying to move the trial essentially boils down to "I wasn't paying attention," as he claims he found out the date was set for Aug 14th on the 10th, even though we've all been watching and can clearly see it had been set for the 14th since July 30th.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:41 PM   #2348
filenamex5100
the entire time, and likely up until now, it seems ty isn't taking this serious. its amusing to me that he hasn't reached out to offer a settlement. the price he will pay if left up to the op, her attorney, and the court system, could be massive. its further proof that he thinks he is above everyone else.

collecting on a judgment might be more difficult but it can also be seen as a "investment" by the op. one day itll pay off. I would also try to get a judgment against his assets as well. not sure if thats possible but proceeds in the amount of X% for each animal sold until the judgment is paid would be sweet.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:30 PM   #2349
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will0W783 View Post
Are there any updates as to how the trial went?
Ty showed up, jury is reaching their decision now. I asked Michelle to post as soon as she knows.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:53 PM   #2350
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Ty showed up, jury is reaching their decision now. I asked Michelle to post as soon as she knows.
In a jury trial, if he hadn't showed up, would it had been an automatic win for Michelle?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu