vietnamese mandarins - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-22-2006, 03:48 PM   #1
jfirneno
vietnamese mandarins

Hi:
I just discovered this forum (although I have used the BOI before). I keep a mix of old and new world ratsnakes (vulpina, gloydi, lindheimeri, subocularis, schrencki, longissima, mandarina) but in the last few years my main focus has been mandarins. I just got a pair of vietnamese mandarin ratsnakes in from Germany last week. I figured I'd show them off to any mandarin fans out there.

Regards
John

viet male

viet female

a sichuan mandarin for comparison

Old 10-27-2006, 05:06 PM   #2
gwb8568
i don't really use the forum at all that much (frequently use another) but will probably start coming here more often because of the variety.............but back on topic. that is an AWESOME snake. i have been wanting a pair of those for well over too long and you just posted the reason why. the reason why not is actually a money problem..........but one of these days. awesome pick-up and great pics.

Old 10-27-2006, 06:43 PM   #3
jfirneno
Thanks Galen...

I was starting to think there weren't any mandarin fans on this site. I'm a big fan of them and I'm really excited about the viet pair I got. Here are some of my other mandarins:

Old 10-27-2006, 07:41 PM   #4
Blue Gorgon
Gorgeous!! Just stunning! I've said it before and I'll say it again... I adore Asian rats! We need more posts like this in this forum.

Old 10-27-2006, 08:54 PM   #5
jfirneno
Thanks Sheree...

I'm glad you like them.

Regards
John

Old 10-27-2006, 09:07 PM   #6
gwb8568
WOW......thanks for the rest of the pics. i can't believe that this thread went 5 days from when you started it until i posted. but, that is the difference in forums. each one has their own good/bad that comes with it. anyway, nice pics again. thanks.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:49 PM   #7
jfirneno
It is interesting...

I'm not familiar with this forum so I didn't know if activity was low or if interest in the subject was lacking. I'm a bit of a mandarin fanatic so my opinion isn't very objective. But I also know that there are other factors that come into play. When the season completely ends in a few weeks then there may be more people spending time on-line. Also sometimes a new face is approached gingerly by the old-timers. Anyway good talking to you.

Regards
John

Old 10-28-2006, 12:09 AM   #8
gwb8568
you know what else is cool from across the lake..............but you dont see much of. the thai bamboo rat.............killer.

Old 10-28-2006, 12:19 AM   #9
jfirneno
bamboo rats

Yes, I like all the porphyracea including the Thailand (coxi) but the latest one that's getting started in the US is laticincta (from Malaysia). They are outstanding. In fact there's a recent post on this board from a guy in Malaysia showing a clutch of 9 hatchlings that are amazing. Unfortunately the price right now is amazing too. I'm going to concentrate on my mandarins for a while. In a couple of three years they will be more approachable and then I will see what's what.

Old 10-28-2006, 02:04 AM   #10
gwb8568
i searched for that one on here..........but could not find it. i am still new to snakes overall (have 6 corns, 3 kings, 1 milk) but am trying to learn as much as possible. i found the mandarins and the bamboo in my corn/rat snake book but have not seen much about the "old world" or "asian" rats..........do you have a good website that you check out or something?. i will go and try to search on the web for this other one you mentioned. thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!