Gene Crossings Chart - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
Johnenewt1
Gene Crossings Chart

Hi everyone. I'm new to the genes area of beardies and would like to know the gene percentages of babies from the following pairings when they mate together. I am sure there are many people in the community who would also like to know this info. as well. I have not included any "Hets" for anything, as there are bazillions of combinations. For now, I would like to keep it simple. Would someone in the industry who has time and experience in breeding various beardies please fill in the blanks below. For example: after each "=" sign, type: 50% Hypos and 50% Translucents, etc. Thank you for your help!

John

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Normal x OGG =
Normal x Co-dominant Ital. Leatherback =
Normal x Recessive Ital. Leatherback =
Normal x Silkie =
Normal x American Smoothie =
Normal x Hypo =
Normal x Translucent =
Normal x Hypo/Translucent =
Normal x Normal =

OGG x Co-dominant Ital. Leatherback =
OGG x Recessive Ital. Leatherback =
OGG x Silkie =
OGG x American Smoothie =
OGG x Hypo =
OGG x Translucent =
OGG x Hypo/Translucent =
OGG x OGG =

Co-dominant Ital. Leatherback x Silkie =
Co-dominant Ital. Leatherback x American Smoothie =
Co-dominant Ital. Leatherback x Hypo =
Co-dominant Ital. Leatherback x Translucent =
Co-dominant Ital. Leatherback x Hypo/Translucent =
Co-dominant Ital. Leatherback x Recessive Ital. Leatherback =
Co-dominant Ital. Leatherback x Co-dominant Ital. Leatherback =

Recessive Ital. Leatherback x Silkie =
Recessive Ital. Leatherback x American Smoothie =
Recessive Ital. Leatherback x Hypo =
Recessive Ital. Leatherback x Translucent =
Recessive Ital. Leatherback x Hypo/Translucent =
Recessive Ital. Leatherback x Recessive Ital. Leatherback =

Silkie x American Smoothie =
Silkie x Hypo =
Silkie x Translucent =
Silkie x Hypo/Translucent =
Silkie x Silkie =

American Smoothie x Hypo =
American Smoothie x Translucent =
American Smoothie x Hypo/Translucent =
American Smoothie x American Smoothie =

Hypo x Translucent =
Hypo x Hypo/Translucent =
Hypo x Hypo =

Translucent x Hypo/Translucent =
Translucent x Translucent =

Hypo/Translucent x Hypo/Translucent =

Old 09-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
Johnenewt1
lol, c'moooon... noone wants to take a crack at it? Do you know how useful this would be for everyone if it was filled out?

John

Old 09-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
chris allen
Hey John...honestly I think it would be better to understand the genetics. This is kind of like giving you the answers to a test. It may help you to take the test, but really you won't understand what it was about.
The genetics with dragons are pretty basic, for the most part.

Once you understand what recessive genes are, and codominant genes, the rest is just filling in the blanks.

A good basic page to understand genetics is here http://www.newenglandreptile.com/genetics_intro.html

I'll tell you what....you read the info, then put what you think the results will be above and then we'll discuss?
Here is a starter for you....any recessive morph(hypo, trans, rec. leather, etc) when crossed to a normal will give you all babies that appear normal, but are 100% het for that morph.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
chris allen
I think also the OGG is orange german giant right? In that case for this purpose here it would be considered the same as a normal...not a real "morph"

Old 09-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
chris allen
Anything yet?

Old 09-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #6
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris allen View Post
I think also the OGG is orange german giant right? In that case for this purpose here it would be considered the same as a normal...not a real "morph"
yeah OGG is a Orange german giant which is nothing but a marketing term in todays market just like leucistic

Old 09-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #7
spyder79
OGG is nothing more than a marketing term so I am not going to touch on them but I can give you some insight on a few to help you out with the ones I know.

Normal x Co-dominant Ital. Leatherback = 50% leathers
Normal x Recessive Ital. Leatherback = 100% normals het for rec. leather
Normal x Silkie = 100% leather
Normal x Hypo = 100% het hypo
Normal x Translucent = 100% het trans
Normal x Hypo/Translucent = 100% het hypo/trans
Normal x Normal = all normals

Co-dominant Ital. Leatherback x Hypo = the clutch would be 100%het hypo and 50% would hatch as leathers
Co-dominant Ital. Leatherback x Translucent = the clutch would be 100% het for trans and 50% would hatch as leathers
Co-dominant Ital. Leatherback x Hypo/Translucent = 50% would hatch as leathers and all would be het for hypo/trans
Co-dominant Ital. Leatherback x Co-dominant Ital. Leatherback = a percentage would hatch as Silkbacks and any that didn't would hatch as leathers.

Hypo x Translucent = 100% het for hypo/trans
Hypo x Hypo/Translucent = all would hatch as visual hypos and would be 100% het trans
Hypo x Hypo = 100% visual hypos

Translucent x Hypo/Translucent = 100% visual trans that are all het for hypo
Translucent x Translucent = 100% visual trans.

Hypo/Translucent x Hypo/Translucent = 100% visual hypo/trans

Old 09-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #8
chris allen
Man...so much for having him try to figure the stuff out, lol.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #9
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnenewt1 View Post
lol, c'moooon... noone wants to take a crack at it? Do you know how useful this would be for everyone if it was filled out?

John
this response let me know that more than likely this person had no intentions of doing leg work to find out the information. So I figured I may as well answer their questions. Not like its anything they couldn't find out with a simple google search anyway. Dragon genetics aren't the beast that other reptiles are.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #10
chris allen
Not everyone has a backround in reptiles or genetics and to some people, even though bearded dragon genetics are very basic, they don't fully understand it...especially if they are new to it. I was just trying to have some fun with him as he did send me something privately that he was going to work on it. It's all good though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!