heat bulbs dropping like flys! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 02-10-2005, 11:53 PM   #1
usmckitten
Question heat bulbs dropping like flys!

ok so my heat bulbs aren't lasting more than a month.. and some times a week. I need suggestions on what might be going wrong or ways to make it stop... it is insane and expensive!
Thanks
Kristin

Old 02-11-2005, 09:03 AM   #2
JohnnyGecko
If it is just for heat you could switch over to ceramic heat emitters. They are more expensive than heat bulbs but they are worth it. I had the same problems with the heat bulbs, and now I use ceramic whenever possible because it saves money in the long run and aggravation.

Old 02-11-2005, 10:18 AM   #3
old guy
What kind of fixture are you using

and is there anyway that the bulbs are shaken or bumped. What watts are the bulbs and what is the suggested watt outage of the fixture ?

Mike Chambers

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmckitten
ok so my heat bulbs aren't lasting more than a month.. and some times a week. I need suggestions on what might be going wrong or ways to make it stop... it is insane and expensive!
Thanks
Kristin

Old 02-11-2005, 02:30 PM   #4
TripleMoonsExotic
If you are just using the bulbs for daytime heat, you can simply go to Walmart and buy a bulb for less then 1/2 the price you purchase them for at a petstore. Reptile daytime bulbs are exactly the same as the bulbs at Walmart, but with different packaging.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!